The Guncaster - 3.666

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.666

Postby Rowsol » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Punk2000 wrote:- Lack of monster diversity
- Lack of "features" like "glory kills"
- Lack of brutality, the body of the enemies just explode or just burns but thats it, no gibs or parts of the bodies scatered...

It sounds like you'd be better served with the alternate version viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60781
Rowsol

Postby Punk2000 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 pm

I know about the Vindicated version but dont have some features that the original got, the thing is that the original can be better...
Punk2000

Postby karry299 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 pm

I have to say, it is fun to play, but i'm not really enjoying the way it looks. It keeps to the same style, but... There is so much new stuff, and it all looks so damn similar, all the weapons and icons just blend together into one huge mess. Everytime i pick something up i have to spend a second to remember what the hell this thingie is.
karry299

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Rowsol wrote:
Punk2000 wrote:- Lack of "features" like "glory kills"
- Lack of brutality, the body of the enemies just explode or just burns but thats it, no gibs or parts of the bodies scatered...

It sounds like you'd be better served with the alternate version viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60781

GCV doesn't have glory kills or bruuudul dismemberment, and thankfully it never will.
:mrgreen:
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 am

Yeah the creator does choose to not want the system in the mod and I am sure Pillow would just LOVE spaghetti brutal code in his good mods. You are better off playing Brutal Doom or Project Brutality Instead if you are looking for those experiences instead.
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby rautamiekka » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:18 am

Starman the Blaziken wrote:You are better off playing Brutal Doom or Project Brutality Instead if you are looking for those experiences instead.

Completely diff experience.
rautamiekka

Twitch ID: rautamiekka
Github ID: rautamiekka
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby KeksDose » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 am

gc is full of features as it is, with tons of guns and spells. Glory kills would just make you watch a cutscene that prevent you from doing these things. You end up playing the game less...

Punk2000 wrote:The use of the BADASS suit and the "demon mask" increase your height, looks badass but sometimes can be annoying in narrow spaces, the dev team (maybe) SHOULD add an option that keep the normal height.

Go to convenience options. There's "force default steps" and "force default size" options right over the hp viewer options.
KeksDose
Praise Mima and the Moon

Postby Punk2000 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 am

Well about the "Glory Kills" i think its ok about not add it, true that others mods already got it, but still thinking that lacks of brutality and monster/enemies/demons diversity...
Punk2000

Postby Zhs2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:35 am

KeksDose wrote:Go to convenience options. There's "force default steps" and "force default size" options right over the hp viewer options.

Actually, it looks like these CVars never had special cases added for the strange mask. Pillow did some copy-pasting to handle size changes for the mask and I guess it was before I added camera/footstep sound handling. Either way, I just fixed all that for future updates.
Zhs2
Power of meh.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby rautamiekka » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:39 am

KeksDose wrote:Glory kills would just make you watch a cutscene that prevent you from doing these things. You end up playing the game less...

That's for the Player to decide by enabling a setting.
rautamiekka

Twitch ID: rautamiekka
Github ID: rautamiekka
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ryuhi » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:18 am

rautamiekka wrote:
KeksDose wrote:Glory kills would just make you watch a cutscene that prevent you from doing these things. You end up playing the game less...

That's for the Player to decide by enabling a setting.

Or the devs to decide by not putting in a bunch of extra work for something that goes against their design?
Ryuhi

Postby KeksDose » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:33 am

rautamiekka wrote:That's for the Player to decide by enabling a setting.

Pillow made this decision for you in 2013 by focusing on guns and spells. Gameplay has to be designed around such a mechanic, unless it's a joke setting like gc_trogdor. The kill animations would be comically bad to match.
KeksDose
Praise Mima and the Moon

Postby Tetsuryu » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 pm

What DOES gc_trogdor do anyway?
Tetsuryu

Postby PillowBlaster » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:05 am

Tetsuryu wrote:What DOES gc_trogdor do anyway?

Try using melee or kicking with it turned on (note that it works properly only with Addon thrown in!).

Generally speaking, I feel I've added a plenty of options there already. Too much even. I've been dialing things back a little lately, which might end up being a bummer, but it seems it improves the flow quite a bit.
PillowBlaster

Postby electrodragon554 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:23 pm

PillowBlaster wrote:
Tetsuryu wrote:What DOES gc_trogdor do anyway?

Try using melee or kicking with it turned on (note that it works properly only with Addon thrown in!).

Generally speaking, I feel I've added a plenty of options there already. Too much even. I've been dialing things back a little lately, which might end up being a bummer, but it seems it improves the flow quite a bit.

Took the console command for a spin on MAP01: Entryway, and I've noticed something interesting/odd: setting gc_trogdor = true; locks the player to the Longhorn magnum pistol, or the Brimstone sword (or Zweihänder). I cannot tell if it's by design or
an accident.

As for what happens when the player kicks a enemy with gc_trogdor on, well, it's hilarious, to say the least
electrodragon554

Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods