The Guncaster - 3.666

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5a

Postby Yelso » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:13 pm

PillowBlaster wrote:I guess there's not much I can do about it, Keks' probably too. I hoped to get a read out of the error message aka what gets logged in-game when the crash happens, but checking your crash dump, there's nothing there. Just entering level and... poof, nothing. Will try to look around nonetheless.

I'm really sorry but I don't know how to @ you without quoting a post, do you know if you can fix the graphical bug with the imps fireballs when you use avactor and guncaster together?
Yelso

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5a

Postby Rowsol » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Yelso wrote:do you know if you can fix the graphical bug with the imps fireballs when you use avactor and guncaster together?

You can fix it yourself. Open GC and go to Decorate/Doom/Projectiles.txt and add // to line 13 so it looks like this:

Code: Select allExpand view
ACTOR DoomImpBall2 : DoomImpBall //replaces DoomImpBall
Rowsol

Re: The Guncaster - 3.6

Postby PillowBlaster » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:52 pm

What? Another update, right after previous one? THE END IS NEIGH~

So yea, since TB went mostly well and it's been a while, decided to pull an update here as well. I already dealt with bugs on TB side, just waiting for more to crop up, if there are any. No new content here, no videos - no bullshit. Just tweaks, bugfixes and some other, flavor improvements. But if you want highlights of it, this version's highlight features are:

-Many bugfixes and tweaks, obviously.
-Secrets of the Moon!
-New extra tidbit to Dergovision by KeksDose, where you can see items through walls once you get Wizard's Eye on!
-Fancy-ass new health viewer by KeksDose with a nice bar from yours truly!
-More titlepics, or rather - fanart turned titlepics by Flordemunro\Florencia and FamineSkull89!

Otherwise, get to the spoiler's changelog for the meat of it. Special thanks as usual to my good ol' mateys from the crew, Dinosaur_Nerd, Zhs2 and last but definitely not least - KeksDose!

ERMAHGERD, DOWNLOADS: (how many more outdated memes I can throw in here? Probably over 9000~)
Core file.
Addon.

Spoiler: changelog
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PillowBlaster

Postby KeksDose » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Enjoy the new health viewer. pillow just had to draw such nice sprites for me to update the everloving hell out of that. And if you like, you can enable it to shake in the menu for very hard hits.

You can also access my new explosive mode in the shop by pressing the hand icon till there's fire on it. Have fun with that. (v:
KeksDose
Praise Mima and the Moon

Postby doommarine654 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:01 pm

WOOT! this is by far my favorite mod! i look forward to playing this update in about 3 hours as of 5pm when i posted this reply.

thanks for keeping up on this mod!
doommarine654

Discord: Doommarine654#5274

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Secrets of the moon? wat
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:32 pm

-Added new DamageType stuff for projectiles into the main event handler and removed decorate replacements so that DeHackEd will behave. (Dino)

Ooh, nice! This means the affliction systems will work generically now? :D
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby AstartesCitizen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Whats this? Another of my favorites mods got a new update?! Praise the Emperor! In all seriousness thank so much for these mods. Alongside Trailblazer, Guncaster is a stuff of legend and it amazes how far has come. Downloading this boy right away!
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm

DoomKrakken wrote:-Added new DamageType stuff for projectiles into the main event handler and removed decorate replacements so that DeHackEd will behave. (Dino)

Ooh, nice! This means the affliction systems will work generically now? :D

Nope, this is a fix for bad DeHackEd behavior that would cause weird sprite malfunctions when a projectile has a decorate override. Nothing more, nothing less.
For generic afflictions, you'll still need my adapter.
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby AstartesCitizen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:00 am

So huh... downloaded last night, went to bed, wake up in the morning ready to fire it up and....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:38 am

Guncaster isn't meant for LZDoom; it's meant for the latest version of GZDoom.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162

Postby fakemai » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:02 am

Be that as it may, it's at least possible to run in LZDoom with that one argument removed, and that should also be without issues but I'll have time to check that when I get sick of DRLA.
fakemai

Postby AstartesCitizen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:11 am

fakemai wrote:Be that as it may, it's at least possible to run in LZDoom with that one argument removed, and that should also be without issues but I'll have time to check that when I get sick of DRLA.

I had no problems in running the previous version the 3.5a, so it is strange to me the this happens also most mods that I play do run in LZDOOM in my personal experience that is, not all but many of them
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"

Postby GeneralDelphox » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:14 am

I just realized something... This mod still doesn't support Chex Quest after all these years.
GeneralDelphox

Discord: General Delphox#5567
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby baddude1337 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 am

Another update? Awesome. Really like the look of the new enemy healthbar. A suggestion for it - Is it possible to make it look more techy with the powersuit on?
baddude1337

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods