The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby PillowBlaster » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:44 pm



I know I posted this video before everywhere else, but it's basically summat of this update.

So!... 3.5. Goddamn. How long can this go, you could ask. Well, for as long as necessary or I'll feel like keeping it going, but I am probably not gonna drag people along for the ride on anything major anymore. Just one more big update around the corner, and after that, I guess I could retire it to greener pastures. There's probably still a thing or two I could personally do, but we'll see. Eitherway, enjoy this intermediary update. Probably broke ten million other things in the meantime, so the fun never ends.

Core file.
Addon.
Alternate Thotkeeper voice.

Spoiler: Key features


SHOUTCAST BOX OF SHOUTOUTING AND SPECIAL-THANKING IN THIS ONE TO:

'keks huuuuuge nerd hu'
-Zhs2 for being in times of need within reach, as per usual; but just because it's as per usual, it doesn't mean I appreciate it any less~
-Dinosaur_Nerd for his additions into core mod and officially getting enlisted into the Crew!
-Crofteria and Liliana Rowena for lending their voice talent, and Volatile Broccoli for saving my ass in terms of editing them!
-FamineSkull89 for his help with acquiring a nice hand for the big guy's uppercut (and the thumbnail for that video above), and GoldenMobster72 for smol donation of coin picking sounds. Your donations are surely appreciated!

Spoiler: Changelog


Also the first guy to mention any bug on release day is the first one to give me depression~ of course I'm kidding - happy hunting and happy halloween!
User avatar
PillowBlaster
 
Joined: 24 Jan 2010

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby KeksDose » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Hope you enjoy the BRUTAL SNAKE. God knows what made me do that... worse yet, what about that hidden difficulty level? Oh dear. @_@
User avatar
KeksDose
kek
 
Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: MOOOOON
Discord: MemeDose#2089

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby Valherran » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Sweet, downloading now!
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby Buckethell II » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:40 pm

I was just playing GC with Chillax, and I thought "I'm curious to see what's coming with the next version, wonder when will be released"
Then I logged on the forum and I see the update
Great job, thanks to keep this wonderful masterpiece updated, it can even be a standalone game for how much features does it have
Last edited by Buckethell II on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Buckethell II
Baron of Hell
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2018
Location: Italy
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 pm

It's great to be here! Hope everyone enjoys the new stuff!
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby Wivicer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Crash upon attempt to enter first map of Eviternity

Code: Select allExpand view
VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero. In function parameter "self"
Called from CVar.SetBool at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/base.zs, line 378
Called from GC_WorldEventHandler.WorldThingSpawned at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/gc_events.txt, line 339
Called from CVar.SetInt [Native]


Everything's great, otherwise! :D
User avatar
Wivicer
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Location: Slowly degrading into a modern-art piece
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 yes? Yes.

Postby erni945 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:52 am

Wivicer wrote:Crash upon attempt to enter first map of Eviternity

Code: Select allExpand view
VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero. In function parameter "self"
Called from CVar.SetBool at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/base.zs, line 378
Called from GC_WorldEventHandler.WorldThingSpawned at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/gc_events.txt, line 339
Called from CVar.SetInt [Native]


Everything's great, otherwise! :D


I have the same, anyone knows how to work around it?
erni945
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Location: Poland

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed

Postby PillowBlaster » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:34 am

Wivicer wrote:Crash upon attempt to enter first map of Eviternity

Code: Select allExpand view
VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero. In function parameter "self"
Called from CVar.SetBool at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/base.zs, line 378
Called from GC_WorldEventHandler.WorldThingSpawned at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/gc_events.txt, line 339
Called from CVar.SetInt [Native]


Everything's great, otherwise! :D


Did an oopsie, will drop a hotfix once im done with work today.

EDIT: Fixded, link's the same, just redownload and now it should be a-okay to fire it up with Eviternity. Missed adding a cvar after testing weather with an outside file there, whoops.
User avatar
PillowBlaster
 
Joined: 24 Jan 2010

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed

Postby Dutchygamer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Just wondering: has the issue that XDeath-ed Doom enemies couldn't be resurrected by Arch-Viles anymore been fixed? Or was this an intentional feature?
User avatar
Dutchygamer
 
Joined: 23 Apr 2017

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed

Postby baddude1337 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Hell yeah! New update! Amazing as always, and congrats to the team.

After the hotfix Eviternity still seems to crash. On loading episode 3 (I'm guessing due to the snow effect) I get this message:

Code: Select allExpand view
VM execution aboorted: tried to read from address zero. In function parameter "self"
Called from GCV_Snowflurry.PostBeginPlay at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/gc_weather.txt, line 175
Called from Cvar.SetInt [Native]


The new shopkeep being fully voice acted is great, love the lines. However, their speech seems pretty quiet compared to Nithor's and can be hard to make out. Their shop open sound effect especially is a lot louder and tends to muffle all their greeting and leave shop lines.

If you cast a spell with the Brimstone you can't swap to another weapon until you put your hand back down, unlike other weapons.
User avatar
baddude1337
 
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed

Postby Fureyon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:15 am

Love the update, have yet to test Guncaster with Eviternity.
I appreciate that the tiberium bombs are gone, they clashed too much with TNT and Ol' Dreadful, plus the new artifact + reference is great!
Glad to see you officially on the team Dino_Nerd!

Quick question, I'm trying to make a custom binding to toggle TNT's Stratocaster without needing to select it or go through the menus, I tried to snoop around in the files but couldn't figure out how stratocasters are handled.
Is it a global that I have to alter?
Fureyon
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2018

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed

Postby KeksDose » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Fureyon wrote:Quick question, I'm trying to make a custom binding to toggle TNT's Stratocaster without needing to select it or go through the menus, I tried to snoop around in the files but couldn't figure out how stratocasters are handled.
Is it a global that I have to alter?

You can bind spell quick select buttons in the control menu. In the shop, I made it so you can bind toggling or using any item to such a button, by simply pressing the button while hovering over the item. Then you don't need to select a weapon to toggle its strat.
User avatar
KeksDose
kek
 
Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: MOOOOON
Discord: MemeDose#2089

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby PillowBlaster » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Dutchygamer wrote:Just wondering: has the issue that XDeath-ed Doom enemies couldn't be resurrected by Arch-Viles anymore been fixed? Or was this an intentional feature?


Yep, that's intentional.

baddude1337 wrote:Hell yeah! New update! Amazing as always, and congrats to the team.

After the hotfix Eviternity still seems to crash. On loading episode 3 (I'm guessing due to the snow effect) I get this message:

Code: Select allExpand view
VM execution aboorted: tried to read from address zero. In function parameter "self"
Called from GCV_Snowflurry.PostBeginPlay at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/gc_weather.txt, line 175
Called from Cvar.SetInt [Native]


The new shopkeep being fully voice acted is great, love the lines. However, their speech seems pretty quiet compared to Nithor's and can be hard to make out. Their shop open sound effect especially is a lot louder and tends to muffle all their greeting and leave shop lines.

If you cast a spell with the Brimstone you can't swap to another weapon until you put your hand back down, unlike other weapons.


Administered the hotfix now, hopefully last one, unless some other crashing bug will happen within short period of time again. The other issues got adressed as well, redownload at one's leisure~
User avatar
PillowBlaster
 
Joined: 24 Jan 2010

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby AvzinElkein » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:24 pm

I assume the only way to get sword in Hexen is via the shop addon.
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed

Postby Fureyon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:13 pm

KeksDose wrote:You can bind spell quick select buttons in the control menu. In the shop, I made it so you can bind toggling or using any item to such a button, by simply pressing the button while hovering over the item. Then you don't need to select a weapon to toggle its strat.


Cool, I thought that was used exclusively for spells, so never even tried assigning that to something else.
Fureyon
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], rosfell and 19 guests