The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
goldenmob72

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by goldenmob72 »

AvzinElkein wrote:
goldenmob72 wrote:For some reason I cannot obtain the Longhorn [Pistol] , this happened on HeXen : Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Here's a video on it https://youtu.be/EXEmvoxJdiI
You already start with it.

I know that, I was just pointing that out.
Riddle78

Guncaster - 3.3 w/Strife: No Voices

Post by Riddle78 »

I'm playing Strife with Guncaster. Using the Strife1.wad that came with the Steam remaster release. Voiced NPCs don't have voices,and Blackbird's rather critical messages are also wholly silent. What can I do to fix this?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Is voices.wad in the same folder as strife1?
Riddle78

Post by Riddle78 »

...It was not. Copying that over fixed it. Whelp,chalk one up to an idiot making a dumb mistake.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster - 3.3 w/Strife: No Voices

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

FriendlyMMO wrote:
Riddle78 wrote:I'm playing Strife with Guncaster. Using the Strife1.wad that came with the Steam remaster release. Voiced NPCs don't have voices,and Blackbird's rather critical messages are also wholly silent. What can I do to fix this?
I wanted to ask same question :lol:
I am unsure about that, I have tried GC itself and the addons and the voices are fully working.
Starman the Blaziken

Though since you few are going on about Strife I came to a little but unique enough suggestion about the WAD if it is fine at least.
You know how Strife has those pick ups you keep in your inventory, especially how that works when playing it with Guncaster right?
Well I was thinking of a setting where it can work in 4 ways between Strife, and then the rest.

-First is the normal vanilla game's way of using pick ups (Using the respective games' pick up rules, might still be a default of the setting if you want).
-Second is where you can press 'use' to the pick ups to store them instead of just only using them, much like the one setting if you want to 'use' to pick up and just put on new armor. (A more adventurer's approach to the game)
-Third is where it uses the normal Doom pick up rules to all games (ex: Medipod, CombatVest).
-Forth is where it uses the Strife pick up rules to all games (ex: GCS_MedipodGiver, GCS_CombatVest).
Note: the Heretic/Hexen items like say the iron skin potion, large potion, spell book, ect. will still be a pick up in of it's own right especially other game exclusive items that are Guncaster compatible, at least I am saying the simple pick ups like the heal pods, armor, and power up orbs too get applied to these little options.
Starman the Blaziken

Though unless you have an issue with the voice sounds, maybe you should check the volume for it, unless it is not then maybe their is another problem.
Last edited by Starman the Blaziken on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starman the Blaziken

And a thing just to add on I just found a bug where I was demon Draught Cygnis, for some reason while doing the apocalypse spell with my bare hands, for some reason while vanishing many demons like Thanos, I picked up an invincibility sphere and mega sphere and for some reason he was staring at the front position without the yellow glowing eyes until I switched to my gun and back quickly.

Oh, and I also have an issue with being in the same form with the Void's Touch at max when being a big beast that crushes things I can still inflict harmful or fatal damage while in void walker mode just by walking around and I just end up killing any demon ally rather quickly I only make thereafter unless it is more sturdy like aracnotrons, but still can be squashed like a bug as well if I still am walking past them with the suit's walkthrough in effect or not. Plus I know I already reported about the issue of the void allies that die do not end up on the death counter, not even 'kill monsters' work, well that little issue still applies here too sadly as much as I know since the first time I reported the issue the bug was hard to work around as I heard from Pillow himself.
Last edited by Starman the Blaziken on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

edit your post.
Starman the Blaziken

Rowsol wrote:edit your post.
Erm… Why?
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Starman the Blaziken wrote: Erm… Why?
instead of making 4 posts in a row
its good forum etiquette
Starman the Blaziken

Oh yeah, I meant to actually try and put them together, but I was doing something else and I could not delete them in time to make it more better and I went to bed before I wanted to catch any errors I made myself and I make them a bit often here by lacking some details, fixing and erasing my mistakes is not as easy to me on these forums when I cannot delete more than my most recent post, but my apologies, did not mean to do it 4 in a row. (even though I wanted to make two replies before I left but no one addressed on the issue of the person ether so I did, then I had a bug I had to report while I was playing)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I have to report one bug. Namely, while getting Lootboxes, I noticed that it is very difficult to get the Powersuit Autocannon and recently it is practically impossible, so I decided to check if I would get this artifact by calling the boxes "summon TreasureChest". And after getting all possible artifacts I noticed at the end you can get some money, stimulants and Gladius Barrel but not Powersuit Autocannon. Can you fix this problem yourself?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Autocannon only spawns once you have the powersuit. I have no problems getting it to spawn for me. Just saying.
And Gladius Barrel keeps spawning because picking it up doesn't actually give you a Barrel, it's currently bugged and I'm sure 3.4 will correct this.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Rowsol wrote:Autocannon only spawns once you have the powersuit. I have no problems getting it to spawn for me. Just saying.
And Gladius Barrel keeps spawning because picking it up doesn't actually give you a Barrel, it's currently bugged and I'm sure 3.4 will correct this.
Ok, I checked it. It really is happening. And as for Gladius Barrel, I also hope it will be fixed

Return to “Gameplay Mods”