The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by KeksDose »

FlyingPotato wrote:So to summarize:
What I've deleted from ZMAPINFO:
titlmap and the contents of brackets that immediately followed it. The titlemusic, intermissionmusic, finalemusic, finalepage, titlepage, and creditpage gameinfo entries.
What's been deleted from the graphics subfolder:
INTERPIC and BOSSBACK.
Nothing else has been deleted.
The effects:
Title page is black and silent. Intermission screens are back to default bacground and music. Cast roll call has defualt background, but Guncaster music.

Make sure to actually delete the titlemap from the maps folder. You're probably seeing the dummy room.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Ah yes, that worked.
The roll call music is still the Guncaster intermission music. I noticed a line relating to music in the ZMAPINFO file in Doom.Doom2 in Filter. Commenting it out resulted in the music from the final text screen contining over the roll call, rather than changing the defualt roll call music (from MAP31), so I assume that just deleting the line isn't the answer.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Why do I keep getting this weird visual glitch??

[imgur]https://imgur.com/W4gbfLK[/imgur]

This is GZDoom 3.8.0 Legacy btw.
PillowBlaster

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by PillowBlaster »

It's that time of the year again when it's~ BURNING TIME!!!

Main file.
Addon.
Weapon shop.

WHAT'S NEXT? IS IT DONE?
Nope! Still got one, major thing to get outta the way for this mod. After that, probably won't be doing any major content updates here. Already noticed it's stuffed beyond relief, hence why I added addon for all the stuff that is definitely not needed but felt like doing so (I should've probably just added it to main mod anyway). Next stop - Russian Overkill getting it's finale polishing, and after that!... I dunno. I might take a break cuz I'm likely to start a new job (even two jobs) over July, so that'll effectively kill most of my spare time. But fear not, that does not mean I'll abandon modding altogether, you just don't do that after spending like, 10 years of your life on it - I just think I did everything I possibly could with what I currently have, both project and skill-wise, and leave it at that. I'll concentrate on the bugfixes and some quality of life improvements\smaller items that I'd find funny to add, maybe; that's why I made artifacts a thing. I'll probably keep up with the rest of the community, help other friends with their mods; maybe I'll start a new one, or I'll concentrate on gitting gudder. Time will tell, but rest assured, this is not a goodbye. Just a closing of a really long and winded arc. I am yet to find that goddamn "one piece"~

[spoiler=cool stuff]You'd think there's not much stuff here, but Sandman is a pretty significant piece of work. Plus look into general changelog to get FLOODED with changes.

Quad Damage
This is completely unnecessary addition, but I just love Quad Damage. Me playing Quake sparked the urge to have that around again, so... here it is. Works as usual.

Powersuit Autocannon
A shoulder-mounted automated gun that fires high-calliber piercing bullets, what else to say? It only works with Powersuit equipped. Using the item repeatedly cycles through firing modes. You can also make it use ammo via appropiate menu option if you think it's too good for you.

Brimstone
Made in what was left of Asuzran forge, the Brimstone carries all the anger and technological prowess of the Cygnis' deceased homeworld. Despite its rather sleek appearance, this sword is definitely not meant to be used by an average mortal - made of incredibly dense alloy, it requires an inhuman strength to even dare lifting it up, hence Cygnis foregoing any technicalties while swinging it around. Anything unlucky enough to get smacked by this sword (or rather, what's left of the poor sod afterwards) is more than likely to be sent flying, quite a couple meters away. But that's not the end of it's tricks, for its immensely sturdy blade contains equally frightening, destructive power. Powered by a still blazing piece of the star that watched over his world's demise - a condensed and magical nuclear reactor rod, it has a tendency after strucking adversaries to... make them literally explode. If they care to survive the impact, they get inflicted with an ailment that turns them into panicked, living bombs.

Sandman
Yet another interdimensional piece of equipment, originally meant for dedicated, powersuit-laden troops in a """seemingly humorous but it makes maybe two people laugh""", incredibly defeatist and weird, dystopian future, starring godlike, lazy electricians, magicians which explode places just by entering them if they don't care to have correct house color, good guy generals speaking to incredibly OP drunken special ops' with trumpet solos, radioactive crate-bitten jamaican janitors with superpowers and last but not the least - depressed commanding officer of fanatic terrorist group who seemingly can't get anything their way... Cough, yeah, you'd wonder how that even came to be, but that's a longer story for another day. Eitherway, it's a gun. Sports crazy fire rate and firepower - also crazy appetite for ammo and a design flaw, making it unable to fire bullets that won't detonate past some point, unless you have a strat box for it. And that strat... ohh boyo, you just need to see it yourself.

Sigil of the Gods
A pretty powerful spell based on the powers of an alien entity. Fires out an Annihilation-like projectile that fires out all kinds of lightning and lightning accesories, depending on its power level. You can increase it by acquiring more volumes of it![/spoiler][spoiler=changelog]3.3
Core changes:
-Refined HUD by ye mighty German pioneer KeksDose! It's done entirely in zs, fancier, faster, better, stronger, GABEN~ (Provides stuff like fancier animations, powerup timers tied to powerup icons, ammo bars for extra weapons from addon, a fix for air bar limit being tied to default air capacity, and more!)
-On that note, shop got yet another rehaul. Because KeksDose is a man of treasure I don't deserve.
-Sandman. (Addon content!) A gun that you, again, totally didn't need or knew you wanted. But now you do. And you will love it. And you've gotta praise Keks again. Like half of this update's stuff is his work, so PRAISE HIM HARD. PRAISE HIM LIKE YOU MEAN IT.
-Quad Damage. Because of course you needed it. You just didn't know that you did.
-The Brimstone sword. Cause I always wanted a proper chainsaw\gauntlets replacement, and better late than never!
-You can activate stuff with your kicking now. Because of course you can. And I'll watch as you abuse that to bypass doors with riftwalk on.
-You can kick while in Deadmaker mode now, thanks to a contribution from FamineSkull89! I moved the arm charge onto reload + forward with fists out, just in case.
-Philosopher's tome has a default money grabbing power now, so long as it's in your inventory. The only caveat it being rather short-ranged, especially when compared to its range when active, but still better than trying to run over every single money pickup, innit?
-A new shopkeeper! She'll have a voice later on, Marty-time is occupied right now and those voicelines need some filtering!
-I added an artifact. For powersuit. That's all you need to know. But if you want to know more, check the OP or the spoiler.
-And a last-minute change - new spiffy-ass screen tilt that encompasses view bob, weapon bob and your general walking speeds! UuuuuuUUuUu-fancy~

The rest of changes:
-Fixed Powersuit share; now it's been changed to a generalized Special Item sharing option, given not only Powersuit gets such treatment.
-Shop can now skip through tabs and got new cvars in.
-Added small description to the autoheal option.
-Got rid of Hexen weapon snowclones, so that should fix problem of dupe weapons when one uses IDKFA.
-Improved health viewer script! Also has couple neat cvars, check 'em out, mortal.
-Even more refined missile guidance! Cause it needed more refinements, yes? Yes.
-Fixed tab cycling in shop; clickable ring area depended on screen width, so smaller screens made it super borked. Now that only has a side effect that your effective ring clicking range is... a bit tiny. Hmhm. Compromise had to be made.
-Added tapfire to Longhorn's regular firing; if you press fire somewhere near the end part of the firing animation, you interrupt it to fire again a bit faster, giving it a bit more flexibility in close to mid-range combat.
-Fixed reverse cycle order of the spell browsing; made some spells not pop up.
-Fixed strife barrel throwing; doom barrel toss was first in toss sequence, and since strife barrel inherits from doom one and AimTarget treats any subsequent inherited actor as valid, that got messed up.
-Fixed small quirk regarding Deadmaker's elbow slam and then switching to regular melee.
-Fixed force pickup on rejuvenation potions/capsules.
-Added +DONTGIB on artifacts so they won't get crushed.
-Fixed Traveler's Journal not reflecting projectiles anymore.
-Made the Traveler's Journal description less ambigous.
-Made super firebreath not teleport; that shit lagged like hell.
-Fixed Augur reloading with Theta mag ejecting one more casing than intended. (Also ejects faster now.)
-Added cvar for physical weapon recoil.
-Small tweak for Thunderstruck, since I noticed it's hard to get it to hit the monsters right next to ledges.
-Made Mana Shield and Strider's Lantern last between levels; got that requested a while back but I politely ignored it until I figured out how to do that.
-Deadmaker's Chillgrasp got a bit of a tweak; it's not really designed into holding a monster anymore; more like, causing mayhem and immediate chain reactions~
-Deadmaker's Meteorfist got tweaked a little in responsiveness and... speed.
-Added +NOTELEPORT to MeteorfistDrop. Stuff can get super laggy with them going through teleports en-masse.
-Added +FORCERADIUSDMG to monster shock affliction, meaning that shock status can damage them.
-Fixed LedgeClimbHeight not getting reset after removing the Deadmaker's mask.
-Slightly beefed up the basic Old Dreadful shot's damage as I felt it kind of didn't have that much of grandeur compared to everything else anymore.
-Deadmaker mode and Powersuit now affect the recoil.
-Fixed oversight with Matriarch not removing zoom recoil completely when that's deactivated.
-Fixed Blue Tiberium Dreadnuke leaving green corpses. (I already fixed that on my side before release, I just didn't apply it! Aaagh.)
-Fixed missile heights. (I probably still missed something, but if I did - I'd like to know where exactly.)
-Added a fix for Strife's Transmitter. It also looks different and is slightly more obvious that "you should shoot that". Thanks Amv2k9!
-Speaking of Strife, while there is no more rewards from killing Spectres or Inquisitors and the like as that was a trade-off in the first place... I've added a Sigil spell.
-Using the knowledge of wrangling the Sigil's lightning drops to improve the Deadmaker's Skullfire.
-Fixed strat spawning on the standing Pulverizers in Strife.
-Fixed the fact I am platinum retarded I added Supermag Theta in the chest list but forgot this got put into global one lately. Ergo, it should start actually popping up in chests now.
-Removed non-existent Cirno doll from probably another dimension?
-Made Prism Lazer's impact particles dissipate faster for performance reasons.
-Fixed disappearing 2nd wyvern with meteorfist attack.
-Fixed Longhorn not using ammo in Hexen with strat mode on.
-Fixed bouncing projectiles with bouncing state being jackasses, hopefully.
-Fixed screen interpolation screwing with quick wheels (aka the screen flicker while moving your mouse around in those; that shouldn't happen anymore, phewt!).
-Fixed VM abort after attempting to set the control for a quick wheel in the controls menu after starting a new game.
-Fixed Strider's Lantern spawn flicker when in big guy mode.
-Got rid of +NOGRAVITY on hexen ammo pickups.
-Added new spawning method for powersuit's airstrike since it needed to be fixed anyway.
-Fixed Powersuit/Draugh Tome assembly not working for Hexen pieces.
-Thanks to Zhs2, improved the armor handling code!
-Added some more +DONTSPLASH here and there as that can become a real resource hog in Heretic at times.
-Added 'Hard-on` option because reasons. Might expand it whenever a need arises to include some more things under it. (This all sounds like a horrible innuendo, but it's just an option to make some items less gudder~)
-Converted more of stuff off decorate folder and cleaned it up and aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~
-Mana Shield felt a taaaad too good with its ability to dissolve the incoming damage by 100%; you were pretty much invincible with it on, so I nerfed it. Three books, 20% each, so you get up to 60% damage reduction. I think it's still pretty nuts combined with all other items like armor, zerks, powersuit and all.
-Deadmaker's activation/deactivation now can cause some damage.
-Fixed the roundhouse kick not draining stuff and decreased kick-healing's potency cause you can heal way too easily with it. Just one Deadmaker\Powersuit kick and you're fully charged; ridiculous. Should only happen if you hammer against a crowd of enemies.
-Altered how chests dispense their drops where they prioritize artifacts that you don't have filled and you may benefit from by already having required items.
-Since Brimstone kinda made the Ironblast obsolete at times, I gave it a new, fun trick to balance it out - it can shred through up to three enemies per projectile without losing the impetus!
-Fixed Deadmaker Mask's pickup having tendency to uh... lag the game. Don't ask how, I'm dumb.
-Fixed zerked Pulverizer switching strucker strat, not its own.
-Fixed dynamite not cooperating with gravity changes.
-Fixed Matriarch bug with firing right gun on gunzerk and strat blocking weapon change.
-Improved handling for Deadmaker\Powersuit's firing offset since that was wonky.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Since we completely forgot about it - Keks also handled an addon for weapon\ammo tab in shop due to one fellow's request. Wherever you are, hope you'll enjoy it!
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardboard Marty
Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Congrats so much on the new release my friend, I know you've been working hard on this! As always, glad to be apart of it.

Spoiler:
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Congrats to everybody involved!

(This message has been sent from a beautiful, non-zscript related beach resort in Hawaii.)
LOLANONIMUS
Discord: #0589
Twitch ID: Luisg700

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hello I want to report a problem using delta touch in gzdoom for android to play this new version of guncaster an error appears that says "3 error while parsing decorate scripts"
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Thanks everyone for another amazing update! Loving all the new stuff, especially the snazzy updated HUD and sord!
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Congratulations on the new release and thank you to all people involved! You have and continue to provide many many hours of enjoyment with everything you do! :D
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Found weird bug with Darkpath. When in Deadmaker's mask effect, it attempts to freeze time but often just randomly unfreeze it for a tick or more (seems like it does per shot), even withen you're under amplifier item.

However, the spell works just fine and freeze time entirely once NOT under deadmaker's mask but under normal amplifier.
thedeathrunner123
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

I get this error when loading with GC 3.3, GC addon, and GC weapshop, as well as Bolognese and the unofficial blood color fix, Scythe 2, and target spy 1.4.

Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 573:
Tried to define class 'GiantBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'GiantBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 596:
Tried to define class 'MinuscleBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'MinuscleBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 598:
Tried to define class 'MediumBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'MediumBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 880:
Tried to define class 'CeilBloodLauncherLong' more than once. Renaming class to 'CeilBloodLauncherLong@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 894:
Tried to define class 'CeilBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'CeilBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 1059:
Tried to define class 'DripingBloodLeavesSmallPool' more than once. Renaming class to 'DripingBloodLeavesSmallPool@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 4:
Tried to define class 'XDeath1' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath1@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 56:
Tried to define class 'XDeath2' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath2@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 232:
Tried to define class 'XDeath3' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath3@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 377:
Tried to define class 'XDeath4' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath4@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 400:
Tried to define class 'XDeath5' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath5@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/statusbar/hexen sbar.txt" line 40:
Named argument monospacing not found.
Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/statusbar/hexen sbar.txt" line 41:
Named argument monospacing not found.
Script warning, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/guns/projectile/dynamite.txt" line 109:
Accessing deprecated member variable Z - deprecated since 2.3.0

Execution could not continue.

2 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Which version of GZDoom you using? I think I had something similar but downloading 4.1.3 fixed it.
thedeathrunner123

thedeathrunner123

ill try using 4.1.3, will report back soon.
thedeathrunner123

Fixed, thank you Fureyon for suggesting the engine update, that has worked.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”