The Guncaster - 3.777a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm

KeksDose wrote:The Cirno doll teaches you Chillgrasp 2, Frostbite 2 and how to defeat the Secret God Matara.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

KeksDose wrote:Seriously though, there's no such thing in Guncaster.

Just when I get excited, you end up to troll me. Damn you keks.
MaxRideWizardLord

Postby Gourry » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Somagu wrote:
Gourry wrote:What does the Cirno doll do? Can't seem to pick it up or shoot it.

It's a decorative thing from Colorful Hell. It doesn't do anything but look nice.

Got it. Thanks for the info.
Gourry

Postby Tetsuryu » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:00 pm

KeksDose wrote:@Tetsuryu: You need all 5 Sigil pieces to enter the ship. In the bad route, I think you have to kill the Oracle after the Loremaster. If it still doesn't work, that's a bug.

That's kind of weird. The game gives no hint that you need to kill him afterwards (or maybe Blackbird tells you to but she does it like instantly after killing him so I can't hear her over all these explosions). When I just talked to the Oracle after killing the Loremaster, he just repeats the spiel about the wheels of time.

I think I killed him anyway because I noticed one of those tentacled monstrosities floating above his head but that still didn't let me enter the ship.
Tetsuryu

Postby Beezle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:53 am

How do you activate Tome of the Draugh? Seems like every time I try the shadow either runs away or holding use does nothing.
Beezle

Discord: #8423

Postby Valherran » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Beezle wrote:How do you activate Tome of the Draugh? Seems like every time I try the shadow either runs away or holding use does nothing.

You mean absorb it? Hold down the Use key when you activate the tome, and make sure the shadow isn't already out. And also make sure your GZDoom is updated or else it won't absorb period, I learned the hard way.
Valherran

Postby Rowsol » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:07 am

If your second idol (the right one) uses meteorfist it doesn't return.
Rowsol

Postby DemonbaneSol » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:58 am

So I saw the video about the sword. Is it just going to be a slow-striking, single-hit weapon that does heavy damage to everything in front of you within a certain distance and has very high knockback, or will it be capable of other things, too, like blocking attacks, reflecting projectiles, etc.?

Also, this might seem like a stupid question given Cygnis's personality and the fact that those doorways with the green scanner things in the power facility in Strife are probably looking for not just the ID badges but also a human carrying them, but... Yeah, so those cards or whatever for the security clearance in the power facility; are they supposed to still work with Guncaster and thus allow stealth like you could supposedly do in vanilla Strife, or have they been more or less thrown out in favor of simply mowing down all the robots and Acolytes as you go about doing what you have to do there? I ask because despite having the card for the clearance level to enter an area, the alarm still went off when I entered.
DemonbaneSol

Postby wildweasel » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 am

DemonbaneSol wrote:Also, this might seem like a stupid question given Cygnis's personality and the fact that those doorways with the green scanner things in the power facility in Strife are probably looking for not just the ID badges but also a human carrying them, but... Yeah, so those cards or whatever for the security clearance in the power facility; are they supposed to still work with Guncaster and thus allow stealth like you could supposedly do in vanilla Strife, or have they been more or less thrown out in favor of simply mowing down all the robots and Acolytes as you go about doing what you have to do there? I ask because despite having the card for the clearance level to enter an area, the alarm still went off when I entered.

This also happens in vanilla Strife.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Beezle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm

wildweasel wrote:This also happens in vanilla Strife.

Haven't played through Strife 100% but that's good to know, thought I did something wrong. Sorry to derail the thread a bit, also wanted to say thanks Valherran!
Beezle

Discord: #8423

Postby DemonbaneSol » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the first area where you go searching for the captured guy to kill him and get his ring. I'm talking about the power station where you have to go in and destroy the reactor core. You're saying vanilla Strife also does that?
DemonbaneSol

Postby Ryuhi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:57 pm

DemonbaneSol wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the first area where you go searching for the captured guy to kill him and get his ring. I'm talking about the power station where you have to go in and destroy the reactor core. You're saying vanilla Strife also does that?

Yep. The green light doorways are pretty much always the game's way of telling you "ok stealth time's over." In some areas you can get a good amount of stuff done before crossing through them, but I'm pretty sure they were put there for balance when they realized that stealth can be TOO good at times.
Ryuhi

Postby DemonbaneSol » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 am

Huh. At least it's not a bug.

Also, while it's undeniably low on the priority list, the objectives stuff in Strife is not only still incomplete, but it's a bit off. They seem to be behind in some cases while they're still going, and in other cases they're just wrong. The last time I played, though, I had progressed to the point where it just names which objectives message it's supposed to be, which was kind of amusing.
DemonbaneSol

Postby Tetsuryu » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:08 pm

By the way, you don't have to kill the ring guy either. You can talk to him instead and he tells you that the quest given by the guy in the tavern upstairs is a trap, and then he'll simply give you the ring.

Too bad it's the kind of thing that ultimately has little consequence.
Tetsuryu

Postby DemonbaneSol » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:46 pm

True, but somehow I doubt his ability to get out of that cell and flee without getting caught again, or killed, or given to the Programmer or whatever the person's name was, before The Front can reach the point of removing that outcome, so I give him a mercy-killing.

Now it was said that the Wizard's Eye powerup would be made to persist across hubs in the next update, right? I'm looking forward to that, if only because it would make it less disappointing to find one at or near the end of a hub in Hexen or in WADs for it.
DemonbaneSol

Postby PillowBlaster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:30 pm

We did with Strife what we could as working with it is insanity. All I could muster is some small tweaks and touches to what has been already provided by amv2k9, as anything more involving would require literally remaking the world from scratch, and everyone in my team has zero interest in doing so. It generally was a can of worms I didn't want to open, but thought this would finally give me an incentive to actually finish that one. And now I hope I won't have to touch it in a foreseeable future, lol~
PillowBlaster

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods