The Guncaster - 3.2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Jimmy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?

Because Heretic is more fun with guns than the stupid ineffective sticks it gives you. :P
Jimmy
I picked a fine day to be lactose intolerant
 
 
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Location: Perth, WA
Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Ctrl+Alt+Destroy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:30 pm

PFFFFFFT, I don't care if it's Heretic, anything that PillowBlaster churns out is bound to be a thing to behold.
Last edited by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: In the unknown void of all-surpassing emptiness

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Jack Mackerel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:08 am

Come on, you're playing as Dragon Booker. I'm just hoping this gets out real soon.

Now all we need is a playable velociraptor with guns.
User avatar
Jack Mackerel
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2013

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Ethril » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Was... Was that a shop? That said "Greetings mortal, are you ready to buy"?

Brilliant.
User avatar
Ethril
F1
 
Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Location: Guidance Gate

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby XCVG » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 pm

I like the aesthetic, and the gameplay looks awesome. Heretic doesn't get much love, looking forward to this!
User avatar
XCVG
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2013

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby thonglover » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 pm

XCVG wrote:I like the aesthetic, and the gameplay looks awesome. Heretic doesn't get much love, looking forward to this!

Yeah heretic don't get much attention, I Wonder why?
(Anyway, Glad to see something different and new\fresh)
User avatar
thonglover
 
Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Location: Planet WEEEEEBOOOPS

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby zrrion the insect » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 pm

It's very awesome to see this thing out in the light finally. Can't wait to see it polished up.
User avatar
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Location: Time Station 1: Moon of Glendale

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Pisstepank » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, now i got a very good reason to play heretic.
User avatar
Pisstepank
Yo
 
Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Location: France

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby EksFaktr » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm

thonglover wrote:
XCVG wrote:I like the aesthetic, and the gameplay looks awesome. Heretic doesn't get much love, looking forward to this!

Yeah heretic don't get much attention, I Wonder why?
(Anyway, Glad to see something different and new\fresh)


If I had to guess, it's probably something to do with the fewer number of textures, and thus the fewer number of decent maps made for Heretic. I can only think of a couple of good level WADs off the top of my head... having said that though, I would still like to give this a shot.
User avatar
EksFaktr
What a way to abuse an airplane.
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2008

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby WeepnCurse » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Russian Overkill but in Heretic with fancy magic, good stuff.
WeepnCurse
 

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Snarboo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

As nice looking as this is, I have to ask if there's a quick select option for the spells. It looks like the radial menu slows the game down a bit too much, so you might want to consider it if you haven't already.

Otherwise awesome stuff, dude! :D
User avatar
Snarboo
Bacon doesn't know it's not dogs
 
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Ikazu-san » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 am

Can't wait to spend some MP in this mod
Also, can these crows get charged with othere elemental spells so they could also burn/shock/corrode the enemies?
User avatar
Ikazu-san
Triple+Homing+Finale
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2013

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby PillowBlaster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for all positive comments so far! (Non-positive too, but those seem to be amiss so far. Keep it up, lads!)

Jimmy wrote:
Ghastly_dragon wrote:Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?

Because Heretic is more fun with guns than the stupid ineffective sticks it gives you. :P


This. Simply this.

But in all seriousness, the spell-system requires only projectiles\effects, and getting HUD graphics for each new weapon... that'd be pretty hard to do, as there isn't as much fantasy stuff compared to the ones that fits Doom. That's why I went with gun-spell relation. Especially that I like this mix.

Also, special message to Zeke - GUNS! GUUUUUNS!!

Xaser wrote:Psychic Overkill. :P

Seriously looks good, though. Major ridiculous props for including acid a la Will Rock. :P


Awwww yiss, I am stealing ideas like a little sh-!... ahem, yeah. About Will Rock, that game sucks horribly, but the guns in it are epithome of awesomeness for me. Hence why I decided to give it a shot. :wink:

Snarboo wrote:As nice looking as this is, I have to ask if there's a quick select option for the spells. It looks like the radial menu slows the game down a bit too much, so you might want to consider it if you haven't already.

Otherwise awesome stuff, dude! :D


Of course I thought of implementing quick-selection already... the ugly part is that I have no idea how to do that effectively. The lack of access to weapon slot buttons kinda ruins whole thing, and can't figure out any other sensible method for that.

And thanks, I try to make it as awesome as I can!

Ikazu-san wrote:Can't wait to spend some MP in this mod
Also, can these crows get charged with othere elemental spells so they could also burn/shock/corrode the enemies?


Not sure how I could pull it off. That would probably require messing up the skill wheel system big time, so I guess a nope, sadly. :(

However, the tomed crows do some funny stuff!
User avatar
PillowBlaster
Grump incarnate
 
Joined: 24 Jan 2010

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby insightguy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

who the hell voices that dragon?
User avatar
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2011

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Snarboo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:29 pm

PillowBlaster wrote:Of course I thought of implementing quick-selection already... the ugly part is that I have no idea how to do that effectively. The lack of access to weapon slot buttons kinda ruins whole thing, and can't figure out any other sensible method for that.
You might be able to get away with having inventory items that when selected toggle the appropriate spell, but that's not really any faster. I know you can create custom binds with KEYCONF, however, so that's another possible solution.

How many spells are there going to be, just the six in the trailer?
User avatar
Snarboo
Bacon doesn't know it's not dogs
 
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoneofMalkav, Buckethell II, Futz Handango and 16 guests