The Guncaster - 3.777a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby SladeEXE » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:32 pm

EddieMann wrote:Image

I... got this error, and i'm using the current version of zdoom.


I'm having the same problem. Plus I can't update to the newest version because it uses OpenGL 3.
User avatar
SladeEXE
 
Joined: 30 Jun 2010

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby wildweasel » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Would you like to try one of the "vintage" builds and see if that works any better? This version retains the old renderer but should be more or less up to date with code features.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby shotfan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:13 am

DoomKrakken wrote:Frostbite homes in on people too, so they're not "dumb ice grenades".

Tomed Thunderstruck was the part I was referring to. It acts the same as the Ironblast. It finds the closest enemies and fires at them.

So, you're thinking about creating an actual monster from the gun??? Interesting... sounds like an idea I had for Scourgebreath... :)

To have it attack monsters in order of highest health to lowest health will probably require some ACS. Seems super complicated.


Just to be clear: I have not said "dumb" pejoratively. I said that meaning that Frostbite does not seek targets on its own (just like a rocket is 'dumb', whereas a 'missile' is smart - its a matter of lacking or having a guidance system).
I checked it out right now, but I did not spot significant homing of Frostbite. In my assessment, it is far from with I described regarding Thunderghost.
Amplified Thunderstuck does indeed fire on its own... but again, it is not what I was thinking about for Thunderghost.
Yeah, pretty much. A lightning ball monster that goes into the world and zaps everything that moves, no matter if Cygnis ever saw the victim beforehand.
As for that health recognizing feature, it seems that I am probably starting to overthink this idea. I shall stop with it right now.
What is this your idea for Scourgebreath?

SladeEXE wrote:I'm having the same problem. Plus I can't update to the newest version because it uses OpenGL 3.


I am using gzdoom-g2.2pre-797-g7134f53.7z (form March 09 2016).
I also have an old graphic card, so I am using a trick someone related in here: go to gzdoom.ini file of this build, find vid_renderer setting, and set it to 0. That should force gzdoom to launch in software mode and solve the problem.
(by the way, not only v2.8 requires this for old graphic cards, but it is not important now)
shotfan
Waiting for Taggart
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2016
Location: E3M1
Discord: #6872

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Grey Rook » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:28 am

So, uh, I might have found a bug with the latest version of Guncaster: the Cauterizer no longer displays a crosshair when equipped. Was this deliberate, because it seems to be aiming automatically now?
Grey Rook
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:33 am

Grey Rook wrote:So, uh, I might have found a bug with the latest version of Guncaster: the Cauterizer no longer displays a crosshair when equipped. Was this deliberate, because it seems to be aiming automatically now?

Try to deactivate auto aim in the player options and also go to the hud option and activate the crosshair
User avatar
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing
 
Joined: 20 Dec 2015
Location: Italia

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby wildweasel » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:26 am

Redead-ITA wrote:
Grey Rook wrote:So, uh, I might have found a bug with the latest version of Guncaster: the Cauterizer no longer displays a crosshair when equipped. Was this deliberate, because it seems to be aiming automatically now?

Try to deactivate auto aim in the player options and also go to the hud option and activate the crosshair

I can confirm Rook's bug; I have the Cauterizer in Hexen, no autoaim at all, crosshairs on at "per weapon" setting, no crosshair is appearing.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Grey Rook » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:44 am

wildweasel wrote:I can confirm Rook's bug; I have the Cauterizer in Hexen, no autoaim at all, crosshairs on at "per weapon" setting, no crosshair is appearing.

Oh, good, sir, I was worried that I was the only one.

I also noticed that the Longhorn had its damage reduced, which is kind of a pity because I enjoy the imagery of a pistol that hits so hard that anyone who gets shot by it is blown to smithereens, but isn't really a bug. Furthermore, the Ol' Dreadful's Space Nuke with the Blue Tiberium Core hurts the player. I don't know if that was in earlier versions as well, but if it was, I never noticed.

And as an aside, I can't figure out how to activate the BADASS suit after picking it up - things got... shall we say a bit hectic when I got it so I missed the tooltip. I would quite like it if someone could tell me what buttons to push here.
Grey Rook
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Zhs2 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:12 am

The Cauterizer has no set default crosshair. It will use your own, the one you've set under HUD options.

To activate the suit, use the item conveniently found in your inventory.
User avatar
Zhs2
Power of meh.
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby shotfan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:21 am

In v2.5 the Space Nuke with Blue Tiberium Core did not harm me, even when I was standing around 10 meters from the epicenter for its whole duration (second room of Map15 of Hell Revealed).
shotfan
Waiting for Taggart
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2016
Location: E3M1
Discord: #6872

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby wildweasel » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Zhs2 wrote:The Cauterizer has no set default crosshair. It will use your own, the one you've set under HUD options.

To activate the suit, use the item conveniently found in your inventory.

Ah whoops. I'd forgotten to set one for Hexen, that's probably why.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby DoomKrakken » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:07 pm

shotfan wrote:Just to be clear: I have not said "dumb" pejoratively. I said that meaning that Frostbite does not seek targets on its own (just like a rocket is 'dumb', whereas a 'missile' is smart - its a matter of lacking or having a guidance system).
I checked it out right now, but I did not spot significant homing of Frostbite. In my assessment, it is far from with I described regarding Thunderghost.
Amplified Thunderstuck does indeed fire on its own... but again, it is not what I was thinking about for Thunderghost.
Yeah, pretty much. A lightning ball monster that goes into the world and zaps everything that moves, no matter if Cygnis ever saw the victim beforehand.
As for that health recognizing feature, it seems that I am probably starting to overthink this idea. I shall stop with it right now.
What is this your idea for Scourgebreath?


Ask me again, via PM. :)
User avatar
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Lord Smash » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Been playing this for a time now,good to see it's getting updated.

I know a bunch of people said this already,but the magic deserves more love than it gets right now,moreso considering that is one of the selling points of the mod;The spells fade into oblivion in comparison to the guns (i know they're supposed to be for support,but DAMN), doesn't helps that Firespit doesn't works at close quarters, Corpseblast is situational as hell ,and that the guns are the only things that get upgrades (i know there's the Tome,but only that).
User avatar
Lord Smash
 
Joined: 25 Apr 2015

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby DoomKrakken » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:10 pm

I say firespit should be totally free. It's more powerful than a kick, but much slower, and has just as much range as the kick. To ignite dynamite, you still do a full firespit, and that's free, so why not carry that over to the original firespit?
User avatar
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Grey Rook » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 am

Zhs2 wrote:.To activate the suit, use the item conveniently found in your inventory.

Yes, I figured that out myself shortly after posting, but thank you for your time regardless.
shotfan wrote:In v2.5 the Space Nuke with Blue Tiberium Core did not harm me, even when I was standing around 10 meters from the epicenter for its whole duration (second room of Map15 of Hell Revealed).

Hmm. I suppose that I could have gotten shot by a Cyberdemon just as the big blue ball impacted - it was a rather hectic level.
Grey Rook
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Postby Zhs2 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 am

DoomKrakken wrote:I say firespit should be totally free. It's more powerful than a kick, but much slower, and has just as much range as the kick. To ignite dynamite, you still do a full firespit, and that's free, so why not carry that over to the original firespit?

Because throwing a dynamite consumes ammo (and the charge-up time compensates as well, so...) Firebreath in that case acts as a protective measure while you deal with the unwieldy toss - seems all balanced to me.
User avatar
Zhs2
Power of meh.
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lagi and 14 guests