The Guncaster - 3.777a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby Luigi2600 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:59 pm

ThomasNoname wrote:I'm also surprised so many people are so what to say... Angry about all this, excuse my choice of word, crap. It's a great mod and people come with feedback. Why take it so seriously?


It's a Joke clam yourself I don't hate furries (well the messed up ones I do)
User avatar
Luigi2600
What did he mean by this?
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Location: New Russia

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Jenkins95 wrote:an tiny part about MaxRideWizardLord view of pulverizer from an insane huge wall-o-text


Hey, just because it's much more powerful than vanila doom weapons, doesn't mean it can't feels weaks, especially compared to other guns in this mod. :V I was mostly comparing it to other guns, and yet it doesn't kill pinky as fast as other guns. After all, it's slaughteristic mod. I said it feels a bit weak btw, and that's my opinion.

Jenkins95 wrote:much bigger part regarding PB from same huge wall-o-text


Oh, while we are at it, I must say something before I completely forget. I help jenkins build that huge message with suggestions and bug reports you can see at page 63, while I mostly just drop suggestions, bugs and he add them up. The result was it become too big. Since this message was mostly meant for pillowblaster, he gave me that huge message before posting it on forum and to know if PB actually alright with huge messages, I had to ask his friends, and terminusest13 said he knows him well enough and added that he’s quite friendly as well.

Term said that PB could handle insane huge messages as long as they are deeply and well explained, term as well added that he himself get a huge novels from his beta testers daily and he’s pretty much alright with it, therefore while having no fear after terminusest13 has enlighten us we had to put everything it in.

Plz no h8 guyz. We all often get angry merely of misunderstanding, there is no need to be mean to one another.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby wildweasel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Oh, while we are at it, I must say something before I completely forget. I help jenkins build that huge message with suggestions and bug reports you can see at page 63, while I mostly just drop suggestions, bugs and he add them up. The result was it become too big. Since this message was mostly meant for pillowblaster, he gave me that huge message before posting it on forum and to know if PB actually alright with huge messages, I had to ask his friends, and terminusest13 said he knows him well enough and added that he’s quite friendly as well.

Term said that PB could handle insane huge messages as long as they are deeply and well explained, term as well added that he himself get a huge novels from his beta testers daily and he’s pretty much alright with it, therefore while having no fear after terminusest13 has enlighten us we had to put everything it in.

Plz no h8 guyz. We all often get angry merely of misunderstanding, there is no need to be mean to one another.

I feel like the both of you have said your piece, and continuing to post in here may only drag things down further. I've been in contact with both Terminus and Pillowblaster myself, and Terminus denies that he ever said anything you've mentioned, and PB is very frustrated with how this has been proceeding in general.

I would like to ask that you and Jenkins please vacate the thread, in the interests of preventing things from getting worse.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:09 pm

Those are some of the biggest comments ever, that you guys did. You guys put absolutely too much into your comments. Some of the little bits that I did read seemed... somewhat... thought out, but you guys could have conveyed your points soooooooo much better if you were more patient and gave them to us in bite-sized portions.

Not to mention... most of the stuff that you guys were talking about were complaints. You guys should really try and mod this stuff yourself and see what it's like to mod... see how difficult it actually is... rather than constantly complaining about buffs, balances, and nerfs... and then when you have that newfound experience, come back and speak with more ground. This way, you guys won't sound like it's the modder's responsibility to cater to your every want and whim... because it's not his responsibility. It's his vision.

Suggest, don't reiterate. This will put less stress and strain on the modder. Regurgitating suggestions over and over again make them less likely to be implemented.

P.S.: When I say "the modder", I do mean PillowBlaster in this context... but this advice really applies to all projects in the forums.
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:17 pm

wildweasel wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Oh, while we are at it, I must say something before I completely forget. I help jenkins build that huge message with suggestions and bug reports you can see at page 63, while I mostly just drop suggestions, bugs and he add them up. The result was it become too big. Since this message was mostly meant for pillowblaster, he gave me that huge message before posting it on forum and to know if PB actually alright with huge messages, I had to ask his friends, and terminusest13 said he knows him well enough and added that he’s quite friendly as well.

Term said that PB could handle insane huge messages as long as they are deeply and well explained, term as well added that he himself get a huge novels from his beta testers daily and he’s pretty much alright with it, therefore while having no fear after terminusest13 has enlighten us we had to put everything it in.

Plz no h8 guyz. We all often get angry merely of misunderstanding, there is no need to be mean to one another.

I feel like the both of you have said your piece, and continuing to post in here may only drag things down further. I've been in contact with both Terminus and Pillowblaster myself, and Terminus denies that he ever said anything you've mentioned, and PB is very frustrated with how this has been proceeding in general.

I would like to ask that you and Jenkins please vacate the thread, in the interests of preventing things from getting worse.


We clearly talk about it in IRC channal several times, and he clearly replied. :/ Maybe I worded it a bit differently than I did in that previous message, but it had similar meaning. I even ask him if I can mention him on forum, and he clearly wasn't against it and didn't even asked me about what exactly I want to mention him on forum. He showed to me one of our past dialogs, but of course not all of them. I don't know how he did it but he just said he kept window open, so I don't know how to check the rest. Here is a proof - http://s9.postimg.org/63xvc6mj3/image.png

Terminusest13 can be this kind of a guy that can just troll me.

Why should I "vacate" the thread? Just because I have opinions that contradicts most? Honestly, that just is very rude to ask. I talk civilized here, not insulting\trolling\blaming\flaming\whatever. I try to not violate any rules, I now try to not delete my messages to post the fixed version of them again like you asked me. I neither write huge wall of texts, except maybe in past with doomkrakken who wrote same big messages. Even get on well with doomkrakken at the end.

EDIT:
DoomKrakken wrote:Those are some of the biggest comments ever, that you guys did. You guys put absolutely too much into your comments. Some of the little bits that I did read seemed... somewhat... thought out, but you guys could have conveyed your points soooooooo much better if you were more patient and gave them to us in bite-sized portions.

Not to mention... most of the stuff that you guys were talking about were complaints. You guys should really try and mod this stuff yourself and see what it's like to mod... see how difficult it actually is... rather than constantly complaining about buffs, balances, and nerfs... and then come back. A common theme I see here, including times when it's a YouTuber coming to the forums (as that's how I started out), is easier said than done.


Personally I didn't complain. Most of the things I did is drop bug reports like scourgebreath, skullfire's sticky flames ineffectivity because of unintended splash damage resistance most enemies have by default and other things. But neither of us didn't demanded anything. Suggestion is something you either take or deny. But aren't we all have free speech to announce our opinion? Why one should be silenced, and other taken friendly, simple because opinion of one contradict of opinion of most, and opinion of other appreciated by developer? That is unfair and this is a discrimination. You have right to ignore message if you don't like to read it. How it can help newcommers on forum get well with community, if the first thing they get is hate and condemnation?

EDITv2:
DoomKrakken wrote:Suggest, don't reiterate. This will put less stress and strain on the modder. Regurgitating suggestions over and over again make them less likely to be implemented.


Aren't that one message makes you... you know, a bit hypocrite? :P Especially knowing how you tried to force me in to believing that dragons have "nearly indestructible" bones, simply to convince me why you want birds do no damage to ironlich. I was the one who was against it and I like that they actually do damage now against those. Note, I was the one who first suggested that we both agree to disagree, but you refused and reiterate to beat dead horse even more.

Other than that phenomenon, I believe no one of us on this forum was reiterate. One of us said their opinion on stuff, others agreed and disagreed with those, both made points why they view it that way. That's all.
Last edited by MaxRideWizardLord on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby wildweasel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:20 pm

You might not see a problem here, but clearly there is still one, as I am receiving complaints from all over about this. What would you propose I do?
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:47 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Personally I didn't complain.

MaxRideWizardLord pretty much wrote:"Magic is underpowered!" "DamageFactors make no sense and must be removed!" "Why does Skullfire not gib some people when a Sovereign Slug does?"

None of these sound like complaints to you?

Of course you're free to express your suggestions... just don't reiterate it so much. And certainly don't whine about your suggestions. The more you say it, the less anyone's going to want to hear it.

Take it from me, who started off as you guys did... as a YouTube browser who loves Doom and Doom mods and wants changes made... who joined the forums and eventually was able to make the changes himself.
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby Wivicer » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Ok can you guys take this argument into private messages or something? Every time I see a comment on this thread I think "Yay, it's been updated", only to find out it's you two arguing back and forth about who's reiterating and who's being a hypocrite. This isn't the place for this. Please.

Also apologies to WildWeasel if it seems like I'm trying to backseat moderate. I really just want this to stop, as I'm sure everyone else does.
User avatar
Wivicer
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Location: Slowly degrading into a modern-art piece
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:55 pm

That sounds like an excellent idea.
User avatar
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:16 pm

DoomKrakken wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Personally I didn't complain.

Not something MaxRideWizardLord said, but something I just made up wrote:"Magic is underpowered!" "DamageFactors make no sense and must be removed!" "Why does Skullfire not gib people when a Sovereign Slug does?"

None of these sound like complaints to you?

Actual screenshot where I made such claims, please? So far you just accuse me in things you fabricated that I haven't even said. I didn't asked skullfire to gib people, although that would be cool. I didn't even said "magic is underpowered", at least on this forum, and most definitely would not use exclamation point because then it wouldn't be an opinion. And for DamageFactors I just stated that I sincerely don't like that idea, and then I asked you to agree to disagree, but you tried to force me in to believe why it's good and why it should benefit only your side.

>Of course you're free to express your suggestions... just don't reiterate it so much. And certainly don't whine about your suggestions. The more you say it, the less anyone's going to want to hear it.

Pretty much that applies to you the most. Especially to the "near indestructible" you pushed so hard, simple because in fiction tales you read they are described to have one, yet refused to admit the rest, and when you tried to convince why birds shouldn't do damage against ironlich while I was happy that they actually do damage now and shouldn't be changed. I neither wrote in capslock like you did.

>Take it from me, who started off as you guys did... as a YouTube browser who loves Doom and Doom mods and wants changes made... who joined the forums and eventually was able to make the changes himself.

Like I said earlier, I can't even have Slade 3 installed on my XP. I made toggleable turbo button script for zandronum though and it's quite big and nice working if you really want to see.

Wivicer wrote:Ok can you guys take this argument into private messages or something? Every time I see a comment on this thread I think "Yay, it's been updated", only to find out it's you two arguing back and forth about who's reiterating and who's being a hypocrite. This isn't the place for this. Please.

I'm actually agree with this, I just don't want to be the only scapegoat to be blamed for nothing to be honest and make points against me that are not even true, so I have to defend myself.

Now krakken, are you agree to be less mean and picky to me just to end this, please? Or at least debate about guncaster more civilized, as I try to avoid flamewars at best.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby Big C » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 pm

WizardLord, your attempts at 'correcting' Krakken feel like an attempt to get the last word in more than anything else, what with accusing Krakken in that last sentence and all.
User avatar
Big C
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2010

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby Shadelight » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:26 pm

If you agreed with it, you wouldn't have even made that post and took it to PMs. You just seem to want to keep this going for as long as you possibly can and it's really irritating everyone here. Cut it out.
User avatar
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.
 
Joined: 20 May 2005
Location: Labrynna
Discord: Shadelight#4920

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby ThomasNoname » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Luigi2600 wrote:
ThomasNoname wrote:I'm also surprised so many people are so what to say... Angry about all this, excuse my choice of word, crap. It's a great mod and people come with feedback. Why take it so seriously?


It's a Joke clam yourself I don't hate furries (well the messed up ones I do)


If I calm myself anymore; I'm gonna shit my pants.

On a serious note though, you might wanna re-read that post. I wasn't trying to be hostile... Or attack furries where in the Heavens did that come from? I was just saying that everyone is being pretty overly tense about this whole thing. That's all.
User avatar
ThomasNoname
underneth their clothes EVERYONE IS NAKED! ALERT THE PRESIDENT!!!
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2016
Location: Arrakis

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby Luigi2600 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:51 pm

ThomasNoname wrote:On a serious note though, you might wanna re-read that post. I wasn't trying to be hostile... Or attack furries where in the Heavens did that come from? I was just saying that everyone is being pretty overly tense about this whole thing. That's all.


Sorry about that :| I thought you were talking about my whole furry post my bad. :P
User avatar
Luigi2600
What did he mean by this?
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Location: New Russia

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Postby ThomasNoname » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:20 am

That's okay, you don't need to be sorry. I was talking more about the whole loathing and discrimination that goes here. It's like we are not allowed to say our opinions on the forum(s) without having a flamewar. And I really don't care about furries. I don't mind them, but maybe we all dislike them somewhere inside ourselves for how messed up they can be. I don't judge you, if you don't like that.
Last edited by ThomasNoname on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
ThomasNoname
underneth their clothes EVERYONE IS NAKED! ALERT THE PRESIDENT!!!
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2016
Location: Arrakis

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dannymarina, dddstudio, doomg1337fuck, Sgt. Ham, Starman the Blaziken, Tyr and 25 guests