The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.666

Post by KeksDose »

Captain J wrote:I found such minor but detailed features are like rocketscience.
I guess it kinda is elaborate. I've put a lot of strange details in my gc work at my leisure. It allows me to enjoy it on my own. The most obvious one is the snake game. I thought it'd be cool.

After some considerations, you may revive Sabbatha using "reviveshopkeepers" in the next update.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

And, to give my two cents! - Keks does not need to and definitely shouldn't agree with everything I do, especially if it was a poorly thought out decision on my part. I added her to the mod as a gift for a friend, so I won't disappoint him and remove her this long after the fact. It doesn't however absolve me from consequences, Keks has all the right to be upset at it or make fun of it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

No hard feelings, but it's nice to see you guys understand and help each other to make things better. Tho i'm certainly not hating the shopkeeper's jack-in-a-box feature. I'm positive it was just for surprising joke to your friend, without harm done. It's just inconvenient that i can't bring her back afterwards. I respect your thoughts!
kinker31
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by kinker31 »

Captain J wrote:No hard feelings, but it's nice to see you guys understand and help each other to make things better. Tho i'm certainly not hating the shopkeeper's jack-in-a-box feature. I'm positive it was just for surprising joke to your friend, without harm done. It's just inconvenient that i can't bring her back afterwards. I respect your thoughts!
Well, not without closing and re-opening the game anyways.

Come to think of it, maybe 'bringing the shopkeeps out of retirement' could be an actual gameplay mechanic, just gather a specific amount of gems (or just for a price if the tech ain't there yet), funnel 'em into the system, and presty-nift-to! Shopkeep's back, and maybe they could even give you a special 'thanks' item, or a bribe for you not to do that again, whichever way you look at it. Maybe you could kill a few bosses instead if you feel it's too similar to just buying something at the shop, like a couple of Minotaurs, any of Hexen's fallen leaders, a few Cyberdemons, et al... it's rather silly and ridiculous, yes, but I do like the idea of having an in-game mission to unretire a shopkeeper!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That's quite too much to bring the shopkeep back when you just can load the previous save and whatnot, but i like the idea! :P
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Yeah, I wouldn't put that much work into that, it's just a silly way of exorcising the shop from the thot, h'lol~
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I came across one bug while trying to play The Wayfarer for Heretic mappack. At the start on the first map I noticed that items such as Wand Crystal, Crystal Geode or Timebomb of the Ancients are not replaced. Interestingly these items are replaced in the basic Heretic an earlier version of GC works with The Wayfarer. Is this a bug in GC?

The version of GZDoom used is 4.4.2
HaaH

Post by HaaH »

I can't tell is it the skybox or Nukage pool.
Attachments
Guncaster Deadmask bug.JPG
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

HaaH wrote:I can't tell is it the skybox or Nukage pool.
Skybox. Definitely skybox. I hopefully fixed it on my side, thanks for that vm abort snippet!
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

10/10 bug report :laff:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Simple yet Crystal-Clear feedback, just like a Hand Sanitizer! Nice job catching this sneaky bug.
Darkbeetlebot

Post by Darkbeetlebot »

Guncaster was literally working just fine yesterday when I was playing the Hell on Earth Starter Pack. Had all the addons loaded. Now it won't even start with vanilla, spitting this out.
Screenshot_1.png
Yes, I am running the latest version of GZDoom. I have reinstalled it several times. I have tried every iwad I can, and the only one that functions is Freedoom phase 2. I've also tried the previous guncaster version, and it also didn't work. I'm at a loss, here.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It worked before, huh? I guess you forgot the mods' loading order and whatnot? Try set the loading order right.
Darkbeetlebot

Post by Darkbeetlebot »

Captain J wrote:It worked before, huh? I guess you forgot the mods' loading order and whatnot? Try set the loading order right.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Using the drag and drop method since that's what's always worked, I highlight Guncaster first, then the addon, then the weapon shop, and drag them to GZDoom which prompts the wad selection. Again, this has always worked for me up until now. I also tried GC, then the weapon shop, and then the addon. Then only the weapon shop, then only the addon. None of them work and spit out similar errors. The only thing that functions is GC alone.
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Darkbeetlebot wrote:
Captain J wrote:It worked before, huh? I guess you forgot the mods' loading order and whatnot? Try set the loading order right.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Using the drag and drop method since that's what's always worked, I highlight Guncaster first, then the addon, then the weapon shop, and drag them to GZDoom which prompts the wad selection. Again, this has always worked for me up until now. I also tried GC, then the weapon shop, and then the addon. Then only the weapon shop, then only the addon. None of them work and spit out similar errors. The only thing that functions is GC alone.
You'd be much better off trying to load with a mod launcher, or by adding them into the autoload in GZDoom's INI file (this is how I do it, and you can guarantee the load order this way).

In the INI the format is as below path- then the link to the file, like below:

path=E:\Games\Doom\Guncaster 3.6\Guncaster.pk3
path=E:\Games\Doom\Guncaster 3.6\GC_Addon.pk3
path=E:\Games\Doom\Guncaster 3.6\GC_Weaponshop.pk3

Return to “Gameplay Mods”