The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by KeksDose »

FlyingPotato wrote:So to summarize:
What I've deleted from ZMAPINFO:
titlmap and the contents of brackets that immediately followed it. The titlemusic, intermissionmusic, finalemusic, finalepage, titlepage, and creditpage gameinfo entries.
What's been deleted from the graphics subfolder:
INTERPIC and BOSSBACK.
Nothing else has been deleted.
The effects:
Title page is black and silent. Intermission screens are back to default bacground and music. Cast roll call has defualt background, but Guncaster music.
Make sure to actually delete the titlemap from the maps folder. You're probably seeing the dummy room.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Ah yes, that worked.
The roll call music is still the Guncaster intermission music. I noticed a line relating to music in the ZMAPINFO file in Doom.Doom2 in Filter. Commenting it out resulted in the music from the final text screen contining over the roll call, rather than changing the defualt roll call music (from MAP31), so I assume that just deleting the line isn't the answer.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Why do I keep getting this weird visual glitch??

This is GZDoom 3.8.0 Legacy btw.
PillowBlaster

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by PillowBlaster »

It's that time of the year again when it's~ BURNING TIME!!!

Main file.
Addon.
Weapon shop.

WHAT'S NEXT? IS IT DONE?
Nope! Still got one, major thing to get outta the way for this mod. After that, probably won't be doing any major content updates here. Already noticed it's stuffed beyond relief, hence why I added addon for all the stuff that is definitely not needed but felt like doing so (I should've probably just added it to main mod anyway). Next stop - Russian Overkill getting it's finale polishing, and after that!... I dunno. I might take a break cuz I'm likely to start a new job (even two jobs) over July, so that'll effectively kill most of my spare time. But fear not, that does not mean I'll abandon modding altogether, you just don't do that after spending like, 10 years of your life on it - I just think I did everything I possibly could with what I currently have, both project and skill-wise, and leave it at that. I'll concentrate on the bugfixes and some quality of life improvements\smaller items that I'd find funny to add, maybe; that's why I made artifacts a thing. I'll probably keep up with the rest of the community, help other friends with their mods; maybe I'll start a new one, or I'll concentrate on gitting gudder. Time will tell, but rest assured, this is not a goodbye. Just a closing of a really long and winded arc. I am yet to find that goddamn "one piece"~
Spoiler: cool stuff
Spoiler: changelog
EDIT: Since we completely forgot about it - Keks also handled an addon for weapon\ammo tab in shop due to one fellow's request. Wherever you are, hope you'll enjoy it!
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Congrats so much on the new release my friend, I know you've been working hard on this! As always, glad to be apart of it.
Spoiler:
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Congrats to everybody involved!

(This message has been sent from a beautiful, non-zscript related beach resort in Hawaii.)
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hello I want to report a problem using delta touch in gzdoom for android to play this new version of guncaster an error appears that says "3 error while parsing decorate scripts"
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Thanks everyone for another amazing update! Loving all the new stuff, especially the snazzy updated HUD and sord!
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Congratulations on the new release and thank you to all people involved! You have and continue to provide many many hours of enjoyment with everything you do! :D
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Found weird bug with Darkpath. When in Deadmaker's mask effect, it attempts to freeze time but often just randomly unfreeze it for a tick or more (seems like it does per shot), even withen you're under amplifier item.

However, the spell works just fine and freeze time entirely once NOT under deadmaker's mask but under normal amplifier.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

I get this error when loading with GC 3.3, GC addon, and GC weapshop, as well as Bolognese and the unofficial blood color fix, Scythe 2, and target spy 1.4.

Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 573:
Tried to define class 'GiantBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'GiantBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 596:
Tried to define class 'MinuscleBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'MinuscleBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 598:
Tried to define class 'MediumBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'MediumBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 880:
Tried to define class 'CeilBloodLauncherLong' more than once. Renaming class to 'CeilBloodLauncherLong@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 894:
Tried to define class 'CeilBloodSpot' more than once. Renaming class to 'CeilBloodSpot@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:tomatosauce.txt" line 1059:
Tried to define class 'DripingBloodLeavesSmallPool' more than once. Renaming class to 'DripingBloodLeavesSmallPool@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@tomatosauce.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 4:
Tried to define class 'XDeath1' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath1@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 56:
Tried to define class 'XDeath2' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath2@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 232:
Tried to define class 'XDeath3' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath3@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 377:
Tried to define class 'XDeath4' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath4@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script warning, "A sm4BBgorev2.pk3:meat.txt" line 400:
Tried to define class 'XDeath5' more than once. Renaming class to 'XDeath5@A sm4BBgorev2.pk3@meat.txt'
Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/statusbar/hexen sbar.txt" line 40:
Named argument monospacing not found.
Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/statusbar/hexen sbar.txt" line 41:
Named argument monospacing not found.
Script warning, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/guns/projectile/dynamite.txt" line 109:
Accessing deprecated member variable Z - deprecated since 2.3.0

Execution could not continue.

2 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Which version of GZDoom you using? I think I had something similar but downloading 4.1.3 fixed it.
thedeathrunner123

thedeathrunner123

ill try using 4.1.3, will report back soon.
thedeathrunner123

Fixed, thank you Fureyon for suggesting the engine update, that has worked.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”