The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [Release] The Guncaster v1.2

Post by TheRailgunner »

PillowBlaster wrote:Well, I actually planned on doing that, but I don't mind some help here and there. And I'd actually make it a separate patch, rather than modify whole file. But hey, big thanks nonetheless! :P

My thoughts so far:

-I'd make Westwood slower than that, but auto-firing.
-Strucker sounds good, albeit it's lil bit too fast for it, and looks odd as hell with this attachement. It's actually double-barreled, you know. (I know that muzzleflash fools eyes a bit, but making transparent flashes overlay themselves gives rather unpleasant effects, so I centered the standard one I had.)
-Okay, that barrel on Pacifier looks cool! Clashes a bit with the rest... but blimey if it doesn't look cool. I'd move the flash higher, though. And that firing sound rapes my ears. D:
-Cauterizer is gud. No changes. Much approval.
-Dreadful has missing flying and impact sounds, aaaand particles.

I can implement that in main file and maintain it from now on for sure. Oh, and some issue that I have only noticed - a little mistake by me, as I was shuffling the ACS files with Zhs as we were working on things, and I didn't notice that the changed usage policy didn't get added to Guncaster's movement script. Let's just say that I'd rather be asked first before using those... That file got fixed for that case, and with some extra fixes nonetheless. I'll add those tomed modes for later update.
*Noted on the handcannon. I considered going for an accuracy/ROF tradeoff, but the other weapons are straight upgrades, so a drawback seems ill-fitting. Anyway, fixed
and made to autofire while tomed.
*I didn't know Strucker was double-barreled, given that it uses one shell at a time and there isn't any variance in muzzle flash position (maybe alternating left/right flashes to show this?). The ROF will occasionally speed up now, and the new muzzle flash and sprite show the double barrel configuration more prominently. Apart from that, it now fires two shells
at once, and hence fires slightly slower to compensate.
*Yeah, the barrel does contrast a lot on the Pacifier. The firing sound has been removed and set to default, and new "add" sounds are used instead of new firing sounds. Like the Strucker, the Pacifier now has a new muzzle flare. It is also more accurate if fired in short bursts.
*Dreadful shouldn't be missing OH. Hang on a sec. Fixed (two sounds were renamed via Find & Replace in SLADE). The particles were previously hard to see, as they didn't stand out - fixed.
*I hope to work on transition animations (from non-tomed to tomed) so the visual change isn't instantaneous.

Feel free to use any of the muzzle flashes/flares I threw in there. They're all modified from GUNFLSH2.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Release] The Guncaster - Straight to Hell!

Post by Wivicer »

Wivicer wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but when playing Ultimate Doom, E1M8, and any pWADs that use the same level type, killing the barons doesn't open the exit. I've played through multiple times, and it happens every time.

EDIT: by level type I mean the 666 tag activated by the barons' death.
I figured out the problem after finally bothering to look at the decorate. The baron of hell replacement death state lacks the A_BossDeath action. Just so you know.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Guncaster v1.2 - [Gun Intensifies]

Post by PillowBlaster »

What's in the bump title. And if everything will go according to the plan, this is not the only thing slowly stomping towards releasable state. Just got to get some finals out of my way.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oh dear sweet piss oh yes.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, now that's never expected GREAT PROGRESSING BUMP.
comet1337_old

Post by comet1337_old »

so you are going to be relying on model rips?
or trace them?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

What 3D modeling program did you use to make these? They look very nice!
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Snarboo wrote:What 3D modeling program did you use to make these? They look very nice!
Indeed! They're amazing! What is your secret?
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

comet1337 wrote:so you are going to be relying on model rips?
or trace them?
Both and yet neither?
not sure what you mean by pillow relying on model rips, these are completely original models created and rendered specifically for the mod.
Snarboo wrote:What 3D modeling program did you use to make these? They look very nice!
Thanks! I used Autodesk Maya 2013 to model them and they were rendered with the mental ray plugin.
SoloSpaghetti wrote:
Indeed! They're amazing! What is your secret?
Again thanks :) well, for anyone interested, I posted up a tutorial here using the same method I am using for caster's new weapon sprites which can be found below .

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37363
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

The AR you showed in the tutorial could have very easily been used for the Pacifier's animations; it has a similar design and the eponymous drum magazine.

The second weapon you showed in that album looks like an updated version of Russian Overkill's Torchglow launcher.

That eight-barreled monstrosity...I don't know what it's replacing or what it shoots, but I WANT IT.

Also, the Strucker has a foregrip in its pickup sprite, though it would be easier to just remove it from the sprite.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

TheRailgunner wrote:The AR you showed in the tutorial could have very easily been used for the Pacifier's animations; it has a similar design and the eponymous drum magazine.

The second weapon you showed in that album looks like an updated version of Russian Overkill's Torchglow launcher.

That eight-barreled monstrosity...I don't know what it's replacing or what it shoots, but I WANT IT.

Also, the Strucker has a foregrip in its pickup sprite, though it would be easier to just remove it from the sprite.

1. That was the original idea but it was cut in favour of something a little heavier, I recycled it to save time but I might use it for something else someday.
2. Pillow drew that rough concept but you can be sure that it is something else entirely that I have not got around to modelling yet.
3. It launches 8 angry homing wasps that sting enemies to death slowly overtime :P
4. It wouldn't really be visible on strucker's current position but it is there, considering strucker is semi-automatic now too it's not like there's a pump animation.
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

For some reason, my Gold count in the shop is being set to 0. Im using Gzdoom 1.8.2 and the Masters of Chaos wad.
Morter

Post by Morter »

Hey, this is an awesome mod! Finally going to play through Heretic.

What does the "floating scroll" do? It's not in my weapons nor in my inventory.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Morter wrote:Hey, this is an awesome mod! Finally going to play through Heretic.

What does the "floating scroll" do? It's not in my weapons nor in my inventory.

Haaaaa. That's just your everyday Map of Revealing. Full automap and stuff.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Also, found a buggy bug.

http://i.imgur.com/wEJ1XXN.png

GZDOOM2.1pre-24-g48da2f8

Return to “Gameplay Mods”