The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Post by Cardboard Marty »

insightguy wrote:who the hell voices that dragon?
That would be me!
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Ikazu-san wrote:Also, can these crows get charged with othere elemental spells so they could also burn/shock/corrode the enemies?
Not sure how I could pull it off. That would probably require messing up the skill wheel system big time, so I guess a nope, sadly. :(
Well, no. It shouldn't toouch UI if it's made into spell combos like in above mentioned Bioshock Infinite: You send bunch of birds on some poor monsters, then You set them on fire and then they burn 'n' bite the shit out those monters.
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

...You could do that? I always used Devil's Kiss + Murder of Crows, I had no idea you could ignite the birds. :\

Anyway, there IS a flaming bird sprite in AEOD you can use for ignited Murder of Crows. I believe it's a Phoenix sprite lifted from... somewhere.

This should be a .wad... a Bioshock Infinite pack.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ikazu-san wrote:Well, no. It shouldn't toouch UI if it's made into spell combos like in above mentioned Bioshock Infinite: You send bunch of birds on some poor monsters, then You set them on fire and then they burn 'n' bite the shit out those monters.
The thing is that I don't quite have an idea how to make crows react to fire without some hackjob (especially the tomed ones). It's just I find it a detail that's not worth the pain it can cause to make it. As of the UI, I thought it would be just easier to implement it as some kind of an upgrade.
Jack Mackerel wrote:Anyway, there IS a flaming bird sprite in AEOD you can use for ignited Murder of Crows. I believe it's a Phoenix sprite lifted from... somewhere.
I know that one. Neoworm made it, and it's used in Overkill already. As I said, I don't feel like it's worth the pain, but I'll try. I'd rather have my own burning sprites instead. I'll perhaps try to pull it off, and if the results will be decent, I'll ask Doom if he could whip something up for me.
Snarboo wrote:You might be able to get away with having inventory items that when selected toggle the appropriate spell, but that's not really any faster. I know you can create custom binds with KEYCONF, however, so that's another possible solution.

How many spells are there going to be, just the six in the trailer?
Makes me wonder if I can access custom binds, but I guess that's pretty obvious I can. Not sure if I want to burden the player with extra keys to bind, though. Well, it would be an extra thing nonetheless. I guess it's time to make a request in features...

And nah, I plan on adding some more, as six seems like a joke amount. Especially for all that cash you can get, it'd be better to have some headache with plethora of choices. :P
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

Hey, who makes them cool dragon sprites? =P
Last edited by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i think he made it himself, also dragon with guns and black magic, think about it. i smell the profits.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Looks amazing, though I never really liked heretic's level design.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Boy,do I EVER like! :D
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Just to add to the rest of the recent semi-useless bumps...
Snarboo wrote:You might be able to get away with having inventory items that when selected toggle the appropriate spell, but that's not really any faster. I know you can create custom binds with KEYCONF, however, so that's another possible solution.
PillowBlaster wrote:Makes me wonder if I can access custom binds, but I guess that's pretty obvious I can. Not sure if I want to burden the player with extra keys to bind, though. Well, it would be an extra thing nonetheless. I guess it's time to make a request in features...
:thumb: Gotcha covered, mate!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ctrl+Alt+Destroy wrote:Who the heck makes the awesome dragon sprites?
That'd be me, yep.
Zhs2 wrote:Gotcha covered, mate!
I know, right? :P

As of the rest, thanks for positive comments! The mod development will be really slow now, due to studies (if I will even have time or will for that). But to not add on top of that another semi-useless reply, I can quite gladly announce that quick-selection is indeed added.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Will there be a beta soon?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

if marty kirra finished the dragon's voice, so...yes. i think so. and if he really want to make that dragon's voice, he should make sure find the different and unique accent for this unique red dragon character that has a big guns and uses black magics. hmm, let me guess. an russian?
PillowBlaster

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster - Working on it!... kind of

Post by PillowBlaster »

Studies don't make it any easier, but still, I garnered some time to work on this thing. After asking MagSigmaX here, poking DoomNukem here, asking couple other good folks... and blasting tons of critters, I guess it wouldn't hurt to show some of the chaotic fruits of my crew's labour for some motivation. Enjoy the madness!

(PS. yeah, I realise it's not quite widescreen-friendly. I'll try to tackle that in the near future. And this material was brought to you by german pioneers. :P)
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

EXPLOSIONS!
This is looking crescent fresh. Can't wait for a release.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

PillowBlaster wrote:Enjoy the madness!
Some might say there is too much enjoyment of the madness.

Some people might be stupid.

That is looking amazing, I can't wait!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”