The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shzingidongalong

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Post by Shzingidongalong »

Regios wrote:
erni945 wrote:I am reporting a bug after using Deathmaker's Mask, Philosopher Tome and using Pound Attack on enemies.I am using the latest version of GZDoom (4.2.4)

https://ibb.co/wKbtkNY
Any map pack or additional mods in particular you're using? I'm trying to replicate this crash on the latest GZDoom version, but no matter how many enemies I kill with ground slams and stomps with the midas tome and the mask of Basilissa equipped, game goes on as normal.
I actually managed to get it to happen on the latest GZDOOM, with Sunlust(again), but it took me a lot of ground pounds to get the crash.
devlman127

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Post by devlman127 »

PillowBlaster wrote: You might wanna update gzdoom and see if the issue persists.
I just did, and it still is.
PillowBlaster

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5a

Post by PillowBlaster »

devlman127 wrote:
PillowBlaster wrote: You might wanna update gzdoom and see if the issue persists.
I just did, and it still is.
I dunno what to tell you - 4.2.4 here and it works fine, something goes with the weapon there according to your screenshot, and I recall having such issue with some older gzdoom builds. I'll still try looking around but I just might need more details here.

Eitherway, since Sandman has a rather big issue thanks to me slapping things around haphazardly, decided to dispense another update with valiant effort of KeksDose which should rectify that now! (It only took a few minutes to figure out for once instead of few hours, so don't mind me if I cherish that moment - the rest of the crew had their hand in it so give 'em some love either!)

Core file
Addon
Spoiler: changelog
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

*Activates Brimstone strat*

"EXER..."

*Swings it, taking out a horde of Revenants*

"...CALIBAA!!!"
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Do we know if Dinosaur_Nerd plans to update the Universal Guncaster Adapter for this latest version? The most recent one still works as far as gameplay goes, but it's not compatible with the menus. You have to load Guncaster and its other addons without it so you can set everything in the menus, then exit the game, add in the adapter, and go with it, since having it in removes a couple of menu options even though those options will still hold whatever setting they had without the adapter being loaded.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Here's my feedback for the latest tweaks:

-So after playing a little, I'm not sure I noticed much of a difference in weapon damage when using either deadmaker or power suit. Then again, I've always used all the guns even if just punching stuff is technically more efficient. In either case -this doesn't exactly change the status quo on which OP tool one uses, but it's nice to have either way as it makes the lower tier guns better overall.
-On that note, the speedier swapping is much appreciated, it feels a lot better to juggle guns now!
-Does the limit increase in Carnage collector increases its effects as well? Or is it just more evenly spread now? I haven't noticed much of a difference when packing 4 of these.
-The Auto Cannon having a magazine is an interesting addition, but it suffers from the same problem as the supermags did in the past, no autoreload, making it less reliable even tho it's supposed to be a mobile turret kind of weapon. I figure it's only noticeable if you're like me and enjoy using the manual mode over other modes. I was hoping it would work a little differently, like each extra cannon being burst fire or firing more shells at once at a single enemy rather than working exactly like the supermags. EDIT: Forgot to add that when firing extra times, it will still only spawn 1 shell casing when reloading.
-Mourning Glory's tweaks make the strat even more amazing IMO, and I love the particle effects. Looks much better!

As usual, thanks everyone for the continued support on this amazing mod! :)
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

DemonbaneSol wrote:Do we know if Dinosaur_Nerd plans to update the Universal Guncaster Adapter for this latest version? The most recent one still works as far as gameplay goes, but it's not compatible with the menus. You have to load Guncaster and its other addons without it so you can set everything in the menus, then exit the game, add in the adapter, and go with it, since having it in removes a couple of menu options even though those options will still hold whatever setting they had without the adapter being loaded.
Yea, its been a while... I'll post one last update as soon as college will leave me alone.
I need to get to work on helping with stuff to replace my adapter, as it has plenty of flaws.

Also, the dynamite glitch is likely tied to the non-standard spells like firebreath and meteorfist.
I'll get to fixing those in the morning, for now, just avoid those when using the dynamite weapon.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Fureyon wrote:-So after playing a little, I'm not sure I noticed much of a difference in weapon damage when using either deadmaker or power suit. Then again, I've always used all the guns even if just punching stuff is technically more efficient. In either case this doesn't exactly change the status quo on which OP tool one uses, but it's nice to have either way as it makes the lower tier guns better overall.
Didn't wanna overdo that buff.
Fureyon wrote:-Does the limit increase in Carnage collector increases its effects as well? Or is it just more evenly spread now? I haven't noticed much of a difference when packing 4 of these.
Yes, it does increase the effect. You just don't get a full second out of each, so the difference is more incremental and harder to notice. But if you'd get a bunch of monsters destroyed at once with 3 vs 4, you'd see the difference.
Fureyon wrote:-The Auto Cannon having a magazine is an interesting addition, but it suffers from the same problem as the supermags did in the past, no autoreload, making it less reliable even tho it's supposed to be a mobile turret kind of weapon. I figure it's only noticeable if you're like me and enjoy using the manual mode over other modes. I was hoping it would work a little differently, like each extra cannon being burst fire or firing more shells at once at a single enemy rather than working exactly like the supermags. EDIT: Forgot to add that when firing extra times, it will still only spawn 1 shell casing when reloading.
I did think about adding auto-reload on it after it isn't used for a while, but the laziness got the better of me. Also it spawns casings after each extra, non-reloaded shot so it wouldn't make sense to pop those every shot and on last one fire out more shells than it did fire.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

PillowBlaster wrote:I did think about adding auto-reload on it after it isn't used for a while, but the laziness got the better of me. Also it spawns casings after each extra, non-reloaded shot so it wouldn't make sense to pop those every shot and on last one fire out more shells than it did fire.
Ah, I tested again and it does indeed spawn the extra shells, I had not noticed them. But by that logic wouldn't it make more sense to release the last shell before the reload sound is played? Having it just sit there until you got new ones just feels weird for me. Just a nitpick of mine :P
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Fureyon wrote:
PillowBlaster wrote:I did think about adding auto-reload on it after it isn't used for a while, but the laziness got the better of me. Also it spawns casings after each extra, non-reloaded shot so it wouldn't make sense to pop those every shot and on last one fire out more shells than it did fire.
Ah, I tested again and it does indeed spawn the extra shells, I had not noticed them. But by that logic wouldn't it make more sense to release the last shell before the reload sound is played? Having it just sit there until you got new ones just feels weird for me. Just a nitpick of mine :P
The way it's coded was just easier to leave it be this way.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Quick question, something I've been meaning to ask but it's slipped my mind till now.
Powersuit and Deadmaker both enhance the damage you deal with the sword, but do they also buff the explosion wave when you have the strat on?
I tried to verify on my own, but... well... there's a little too much going on to watch dem numbers. :P

EDIT: In fact, can someone detail everything that buffs Stratted Sord? All I know of is quad damage, but I keep thinking I'm still not using this to its fullest potential, considering I was unaware that the wave of explosions also kills projectiles.
Dalse

Post by Dalse »

Ahh...every add to the Deadmaker, even if it is a single item, is a Nithorsend.
Altough I kill enemies too fast for it proc properly, it does feel good waiting just a little bit just to make all demons go out in a glorious explosion when touched.
I am liking a lot this idea of all Deadmaker centric items could be disgustingly OP but needs absurds quantities of gold to not leave any of those coins after a Gold touch slaughter out of Nithor's non existant pockets!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I noticed the HeavyDutyStompers and the TravelersJournal both cost 5000 but picking up extras gives you 6000 instead of the typical half value.

I ran into a bug that's obscure and probably quite rare. I was dual wielding Augurs and all the sudden I couldn't shoot or switch weapons. It was only once the gunzerk wore off that I could.

I had the Ironblast spirit out and when it attempted to shoot a guy in a lowering lift the game lagged: https://youtu.be/CY7D8mV4Wlw?t=1441
I was using Scourgebreath and I was getting some hardcore lag: https://youtu.be/CY7D8mV4Wlw?t=1576 (this happened multiple times before I decided to stop using it) I don't recall this spell ever giving me an issue in previous versions.
I'm aware these may be engine issues, just mentioning.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Rowsol wrote:I noticed the HeavyDutyStompers and the TravelersJournal both cost 5000 but picking up extras gives you 6000 instead of the typical half value.

I ran into a bug that's obscure and probably quite rare. I was dual wielding Augurs and all the sudden I couldn't shoot or switch weapons. It was only once the gunzerk wore off that I could.

I had the Ironblast spirit out and when it attempted to shoot a guy in a lowering lift the game lagged: https://youtu.be/CY7D8mV4Wlw?t=1441
I was using Scourgebreath and I was getting some hardcore lag: https://youtu.be/CY7D8mV4Wlw?t=1576 (this happened multiple times before I decided to stop using it) I don't recall this spell ever giving me an issue in previous versions.
I'm aware these may be engine issues, just mentioning.
The first two I'll look into (I feel tracking down that Augur block might be really hard but I can believe it happening, I'll keep an eye out and if you'll have a rough or replicable scenario when that happens, might help a whole ton too!) but the latter - yeah, I don't have any control over that. Similar deal is when you have monster gibs on the elevator - once it starts moving, the lag is insurmountable.
Fureyon wrote:Quick question, something I've been meaning to ask but it's slipped my mind till now.
Powersuit and Deadmaker both enhance the damage you deal with the sword, but do they also buff the explosion wave when you have the strat on?
I tried to verify on my own, but... well... there's a little too much going on to watch dem numbers. :P

EDIT: In fact, can someone detail everything that buffs Stratted Sord? All I know of is quad damage, but I keep thinking I'm still not using this to its fullest potential, considering I was unaware that the wave of explosions also kills projectiles.
Sword gets buffed damage-wise from Berserk, Deadmaker\Powersuit, and Amplifier\Tome of Power lowers the strat-modded swing's mana use.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Speaking of Powersuit, is it true that you can only acquiring it via buying it from Nithor in Strife?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”