The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by KeksDose »

PillowBlaster wrote:
LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hello, when I started guncaster on android and entered the store, I did not move the mouse (I used the tactile mouse), can not it be fixed?
I... dunno. We don't really have means to test that out, so probably not gonna happen.
BREAKING NEWS

There's a mouseless mode now, so you can move the cursor in the menus with your movement keys / stick. That should do the trick.

edit cuz I sniped new page again:
phantasmagoria awesomesauce weapons forgemaster wrote:
barosans wrote:PillowBlaster, your mod crashes when you try to open a door if you don't have the key
I've been aggresively crotch chopping the door for the past twenty seven hours and I am yet to cause a crash. I might need more info like loaded mapset, the exact spot it happens, gzdoom version and whatever else, highly crime-tastic stuff you possibly loaded alongside the mod itself to cause such results.
barosans

Post by barosans »

barosans wrote:PillowBlaster, your mod crashes when you try to open a door if you don't have the key
I've been aggresively crotch chopping the door for the past twenty seven hours and I am yet to cause a crash. I might need more info like loaded mapset, the exact spot it happens, gzdoom version and whatever else, highly crime-tastic stuff you possibly loaded alongside the mod itself to cause such results.[/quote]

here = https://sta.sh/014s92z1glyb

i use the version 4.1.3 of gzdoom

I tried another door without the key on another megawad and it felt the same way.

I even tried it with only the guncaster mod and it keeps crashing.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Compendium has a truckload of megawads, and I played a bunch of them and I am yet to cause anything like that. I need more exact data. Something like megawad name-map number-screenshot of a map spot lined out-screenshot of the door itself would be good - sorry for putting that work on you, but I can't read minds and I need that info if you want me to look into it. Else I'd have to spend an utter shitload of time looking for an elusive issue among hundreds of maps.
affandede

Post by affandede »

You should exclude compen_play from your load order.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

I've kept running into a random crash with using the shop, with the following error:

It kept randomly happening when switching between tabs. However, looking at the error message and the referred ZScript code, I think it is related to the shop keeper's random banter being drawn as text.

GC version is 3.3
GZDoom version is 4.1.1
I'm running a monster mod alongside it, but that doesn't change anything with the shop.

If you need more details, just ask :)
barosans

Post by barosans »

well after some test, it is the megawad "compendium" that is the cause of the crash with the doors locked with the keys

even with the basic game maps (DOOM2 with compendium), the crash remains
SpiffyJUNIOR
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SpiffyJUNIOR »

Is it alright if I use the sounds? I'd assume they're ripped from other games, but I'd like to make sure first.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

KeksDose wrote:
PillowBlaster wrote:
LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hello, when I started guncaster on android and entered the store, I did not move the mouse (I used the tactile mouse), can not it be fixed?
I... dunno. We don't really have means to test that out, so probably not gonna happen.
BREAKING NEWS

There's a mouseless mode now, so you can move the cursor in the menus with your movement keys / stick. That should do the trick.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

PB, I noticed that when you have the Carnage Collector relic and use Berserk, enemies killed with the sword don't contribute to Berserk timer even though it benefits from some of Berserk's effects. Is this intended?
barosans

Post by barosans »

Dutchygamer wrote:I've kept running into a random crash with using the shop, with the following error:

It kept randomly happening when switching between tabs. However, looking at the error message and the referred ZScript code, I think it is related to the shop keeper's random banter being drawn as text.

GC version is 3.3
GZDoom version is 4.1.1
I'm running a monster mod alongside it, but that doesn't change anything with the shop.

i have this crash too, in the version 4.1.3 of gzdoom
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

barosans wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:I've kept running into a random crash with using the shop, with the following error:

GC version is 3.3
GZDoom version is 4.1.1

i have this crash too, in the version 4.1.3 of gzdoom
At the moment this is a bug with the two shopkeepers. By the time Pillowblaster has fixed that, just turn off the shopkeepers. :)
Since I disabled it, the problem has not recurred.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

This is kinda big problem, so I guess I'll hasten the release here however I can. I was waiting for a particular thing, but given how this bug hampers the game quite badly, I'll have to reprioritize things. I'll just get some stuff with Dino done, see if Keks has anything else to add and will ship some intermediary update before last, big thing.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

There might be no problem at all. If you downloaded it on the release day, the shop bug exists. However, I fixed that a day later and had pillow edit the post with a slightly newer version. Redownload and see if it persists.

I can tell cuz line 500 in the slightly newer release doesn't even contain anything to vm abort from.

Guess pillow forgot mentioning that mini update here.

edit: I'll take a closer look anyway. Shopkeep shouldn't talk if there isn't anything to say to begin with.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

For what it's worth, I've put many hours into 3.3 and never had a crash.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Dunno if bug, but in Hexen, I start with the Longhorn yet still find it in the Guardian of Fire; since i already have it, I can't pick it up...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”