The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by KeksDose »

Rowsol wrote:• My mouse sensitivity is wonky in the shop. Up/down move much faster than left/right. In 'mouse settings' I have turning speed set to 2.0 and the rest on 1.0 so I maybe that's the cause.
I've been wondering about this for a while. I use what is supposedly unscaled gzd mouse input for the shop, and no matter what mouse settings I try, it changes nothing. Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate this.

edit:
hybridial wrote:For some reason with this update when using the shop/item/weapon/spell wheels, I can't move the cursor with the analogue stick on a controller, it did work before. Be great if you could look into it, thanks.
I dug out a controller and did some testing. I added a menu option "joypad mode" that'll allow you to move menu cursors with either analogue stick, looking or moving. I can't seem to do better for now, cuz gzd doesn't allow me to check for those axes the same way it does for a mouse. Hope that's fine!

I put it into the "convenience options" for now.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

KeksDose wrote:
Rowsol wrote:• My mouse sensitivity is wonky in the shop. Up/down move much faster than left/right. In 'mouse settings' I have turning speed set to 2.0 and the rest on 1.0 so I maybe that's the cause.
I've been wondering about this for a while. I use what is supposedly unscaled gzd mouse input for the shop, and no matter what mouse settings I try, it changes nothing. Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate this.
I just dicked around to figure the cause. It's Prescale Mouse Movement. I keep it turned off. Turning it on fixed the shop issue.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Aha I see! That makes a lotta sense. Thanks for the help. Consider it fixed.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Rowsol wrote:Here's a few things I've noticed.

Propane hurts the player a lot more now.
Pain Elemental fucks you up if you kill it up close.
Autocannon spawns casings with toaster mode on.
Hatchling and Broodling difficulties are the same.
-Pretty sure I didn't do anything there to change it, but maaaybe it was set to Matriarch's damagetype before. I guess I'll see about it.
-It was always a thing ever since I tweaked lost souls; it only happens if the PE gets gibbed by someone else. I have no control over monster targeting you or not and that causes the damage ownership go awry.
-Fixded.
-Spawnfilters seem to be different as per usual? I didn't change anything there in a while.
DemonbaneSol wrote:One more thing I noticed... It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but when I'm using the possession mode with the Draugh Tome and I do the "riftwalking" thing (hold Use), when I let go and exit the riftwalk, I get a console message saying

ACS: 'ReaverCounter' : Unknown actor class

The Traveler's Journal and Voidwalker's Touch don't seem to affect this.

EDIT: I also seem to remember something being said about riftwalking allowing you to pass through some walls, but I don't know if that still works, since so far I've only tested it on the "windows" in Heretic E3M1 in the beginning room, and it doesn't work there.
Nope, I've been pondering about making it let you go through some lines, but I passed on that idea. Otherwise, this seems to be more of Zhs' turf, so I'll poke him later in case he didn't see it yet.
bricks041059
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by bricks041059 »

Using the WASD keys to navigate the store causes the game to crash
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Is sword supposed to be unaffected by berserk?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh man, i didn't know Guncaster on Strife would CHANGE everything... Almost! But it has some Cygnis cutscenes, dialogue changes and new voice clips even! It was a Fun Experience.

However... I had some problems with it. Like, I somehow cannot normally continue the part where you listen to Oracle, The Sigil Spell with later upgrade makes enemies bleed a lot so it lags my Computer, and Reavers are all replaced into powerups. Intentional? I mean, sure they're very nasty, but we cannot even compare Reavers to the worst of all; Templars!
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

AvzinElkein wrote:Is sword supposed to be unaffected by berserk?
Berserk works with the sword, it amplifies its damage much like it does your fists and properly stacks with the damage from using either powersuit or deadmaker, however it won't drain HP like your fists.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Captain J wrote:The Sigil Spell with later upgrade makes enemies bleed a lot so it lags my Computer
I love the Sigil Spell solely for the fact it makes the enemies bleed, perfect for loadsamoney mode. In fact, it seems to be the only spell that makes enemy bleed currenly in the game. Please remain it that way. Although the bleeding function might be disabled solely for toaster mode?
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

I was playing through Sunder, and encountered a bug. When I opened a treasure chest, Guncaster crashed, and GZDoom returned the error:

Code: Select all

VM execution aborted: array access out of bounds. Negative current index = -1
Called from TreasureChest.A_ChestArtifactDrop at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/chest.txt, line 213
Called from TreausureChest.StateFunction.13 at Guncaster.pk3:zscript/chest.txt, line 275
Called from state TreasureChest.13 in TreasureChest
After it had crashed a couple of times, the chests started dropping powersuit autocannons, despite the fact that I didn't have the powersuit. Note that this was, by my best estimate, somewhere around the 50th chest I'd opened across all of Sunder's maps at that point.
Note also that I've increased Inventory.MaxAmount for a couple of items and artifacts. If doing that was the cause of the error, do I need to tweak something else, too?
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

PB and co, may I make a request? Could you tone down the bounciness on Tiberium Bombs?
Right now it works a little too much like the TNT, and from reading its description it sounds like it's supposed to be more of a trap kind of weapon.
In fact, if you could make it stick to surfaces it'd be perfect, see tough monsters? Run away and toss a bomb on the wall to escape.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Fureyon wrote:PB and co, may I make a request? Could you tone down the bounciness on Tiberium Bombs?
Right now it works a little too much like the TNT, and from reading its description it sounds like it's supposed to be more of a trap kind of weapon.
In fact, if you could make it stick to surfaces it'd be perfect, see tough monsters? Run away and toss a bomb on the wall to escape.
That's not a bad idea, so I did exactly that.
FlyingPotato wrote:I was playing through Sunder, and encountered a bug. When I opened a treasure chest, Guncaster crashed, and GZDoom returned the error:
We're not sure what exactly happened there to return negative index, buuut... will investigate and hopefully find it~
AvzinElkein wrote:Is sword supposed to be unaffected by berserk?
Sword is affected by berserk. It's not however draining life or stacking with Midas effect.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hello, when I started guncaster on android and entered the store, I did not move the mouse (I used the tactile mouse), can not it be fixed?
barosans

Post by barosans »

PillowBlaster, your mod crashes when you try to open a door if you don't have the key
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hello, when I started guncaster on android and entered the store, I did not move the mouse (I used the tactile mouse), can not it be fixed?
I... dunno. We don't really have means to test that out, so probably not gonna happen.
barosans wrote:PillowBlaster, your mod crashes when you try to open a door if you don't have the key
I've been aggresively crotch chopping the door for the past twenty seven hours and I am yet to cause a crash. I might need more info like loaded mapset, the exact spot it happens, gzdoom version and whatever else, highly crime-tastic stuff you possibly loaded alongside the mod itself to cause such results.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”