The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - Here comes that funny feeling a

Post by chronoteeth »

hey is the plasma cannon not supposed to have a crosshair?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Oh god, it's so awesome my computer won't run it smoothly.
comet1337_old

Post by comet1337_old »

good thing you didn't push the release further

because once that KF2 early access hits the shelves, forum (and dooming) activity is propably going to take a hit
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

comet1337 wrote:good thing you didn't push the release further

because once that KF2 early access hits the shelves, forum (and dooming) activity is propably going to take a hit
Up until the end of the month, then everybody will be flocking to the new Brutal Doom release if it comes out on time.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

FSR Guncaster crashes randomly due to a 'divide by zero' coding error of some sort.
Spoiler:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice job; I think my favorite thing about this mod, besides the very satisfying guns, is that you've added tons of items to collect, so there's always a reason to explore the levels for more things.

It's also a lot of fun to just bypass annoying traps and stuff by flying. :P
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Are Hammerspace Backpacks not supposed to give any ammo?

Also, though the Strucker uses more ammo, it seems to do the same amount of damage as its older counterpart. Which doesn't make much sense...

EDIT (4/9/15): ... sooooo, what I did to remedy this was to revert the damage of each pellet back to those of the old Strucker (so, from 4 to 3) and double the amount of pellets the old Strucker used to fire, since the new Strucker uses 2 shells per shot (old Strucker shoots 12 pellets, new Strucker now shoots 24). While you may think it's overpowered, once I tried it on the Doom II maps, it really wasn't that much more powerful.

Also, I doubled the amount of damage dealt by each Ironblast projectile. Now they can kill Barons with one shot again (yaaaay!).
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

pb:weapons in your videos are your custom dev. specials ?
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

2 Megawads in. Yep, I really love the increased difficulty of the mod. I find myself conserving ammo and mana in tight situations. And the Gunzerk was a bliss!

The ammo pools of each gun is balanced through the amount of per shot fired. And by far my favorite gun is the handgun. I mean look at the sheer size of that insta-gib goodness. And the Ironblast Superquad shotgun is like Chrome Justice on synthol and steroids combined.

The update is definitely, by far the best of 2015. At least for me. THIS is quality work right here that needs some lovin'
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think the best part of this mod is that it was rebalanced so that the player can focus more on shooting people to death with his guns and less on using magic. Dude, I could satisfactorily do a "gun run" (no magic at all, except for Cygnis's default firebreathing, which I rarely use).

Loadsamoney mode is fun! Make it rain gold! Though, it's not as crazy as I thought it would be, but it's still pretty helpful nonetheless.

DAT PISTOL. :D

The shotguns were awesome, but I feel they're not as powerful as they should be. I modded my version so that they would.

Nominate for Cacowards 2015!

P.S.: It would be super awesome if you could have the option of dual-wielding weapons at any time. As in, bind some key that can switch you between "single gun + free magic hand" and "dual-wielding hitman badass dragonoid". It should only be able to happen if you have two in your inventory, and Zombies have a chance of dropping a Longhorn pistol... :D

NEXT STOP: HELLBOUND! But only after I complete my Apocalyptica Hellbound music mod...
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

The pistol is now my absolute favorite fps weapon. And an always dual wield cvar would be cool.
Big C

Post by Big C »

I feel like Godzilla + Alucard while playing this mod.

It's so, so stupidly overpowered in the best way possible. I'll try this with a slaughtermap when I get the chance.

I AM MADE OF SHOTGUN SHELLS AND STARVING CROWS.
ajb1978

Post by ajb1978 »

I first discovered Guncaster in December, and have been eagerly anticipating this release ever since. I must say, it definitely lives up to the hype! Straight away I dropped Cygnus into the wonderful world of Hexen, and just straight away had a blast. I used my guns to get settled, but ultimately (and I know this is against the dragon's character) I ended up going for a magic-user build. I ran around with bare hands and chucking Annihilation spheres with reckless abandon.

And then I discovered that 10,000gp item that basically turns you into a freakin' god. When Dragonforce started playing in the background and I realized I suddenly had infinite everything...hoooboy you bet your ass I whipped out dual Old Dreadfuls and started destroying the world.

I think my favorite way to play this mod is as a pure caster. Not that I don't appreciate the guns, it's just that I've always favored mage classes. And with Guncaster, I'm not forced into one path. Wanna play with guns? Cool. Shoot some guns. Wanna play as a mage? Cool. Sneeze fire all over everything.

I just powerhoused through Hexen in one straight push, which I haven't done in years. It's 2:24am and I'm hopped up on red bull and vodka, and I think I'm gonna to kick Doom in the balls now. (The game, not DoomNukem. Just...want to clarify.) PB, you have made my whole freakin' year, man. Bravo. Standing ovation.
ajb1978

Post by ajb1978 »

Oh, I don't normally double-post, but...
Spoiler:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alrighty... so now my Apocalyptica Hellbound music mod is ready, and now I have Guncaster, and I also have the unplayed Hellbound map pack...

... but I had already gotten halfway through Epic 2 with Guncaster. After this, I will surely give 'em hell.

DoomNukem... any word on the sword?

P.S.: So far, I've found absolutely no glitches with this release. Great job, PB! It was definitely worth waiting for! :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”