The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Found a bug with the addon (apart from it dun work with Doom 1 because it does not let me play it anyhow with it breaking the addon stuffs upon loading):
When I am in shadow mode while as big demony Cygnis, his left hand turns into a 2nd right hand when I hold onto use (Where he can pass through sprites to be specific) until I stop holding onto the use button and his hand is normal again.
And also another bug-ish one where if I use the all weapons cheat I get two Morning Glories, one normal one, and one that displays the Hexen mana.
Doom 1 works for me.

I'm totally unable to repeat this bug, maybe can you provide a video example?
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Starman the Blaziken wrote:Found a bug with the addon (apart from it dun work with Doom 1 because it does not let me play it anyhow with it breaking the addon stuffs upon loading):
When I am in shadow mode while as big demony Cygnis, his left hand turns into a 2nd right hand when I hold onto use (Where he can pass through sprites to be specific) until I stop holding onto the use button and his hand is normal again.
And also another bug-ish one where if I use the all weapons cheat I get two Morning Glories, one normal one, and one that displays the Hexen mana.
Doom 1 works for me.

I'm totally unable to repeat this bug, maybe can you provide a video example?
A video for the Doom 1 or the hand?
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:A video for the Doom 1 or the hand?
For doom 1, posting the load order of your mods as well as any error message you are getting is probably enough. Try deleting your .ini file and make sure you are playing the GZDoom version the mods current iteration was designed for.

For the hand glitch you are reporting, yes, a video is likely necessary, as I'm unable to repeat the effect with the instructions given in your report. Providing a load order of all the mods you are using in this situation would also be helpful.
Starman the Blaziken

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Starman the Blaziken wrote:A video for the Doom 1 or the hand?
For doom 1, posting the load order of your mods as well as any error message you are getting is probably enough. Try deleting your .ini file and make sure you are playing the GZDoom version the mods current iteration was designed for.

For the hand glitch you are reporting, yes, a video is likely necessary, as I'm unable to repeat the effect with the instructions given in your report. Providing a load order of all the mods you are using in this situation would also be helpful.
I mean I just drag and drop the two files, that is it. :\
Also I use what was the latest GZDoom before 4.0 came out (3.7.2). The reason why I do not use 4.0 yet is for mods that disclaim that it maaay have an issue with it for only now.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

FlyingPotato wrote:
1) When exiting Riftwalk (i.e. letting go of the "use" key), the game outputs the following message:

ACS: 'ReaverCounter': Unknown actor class.
Updating to GZDoom 4.1.0 fixed this.

I did notice something else, though. Treasure chests either disappear or don't spawn at all on transparent floors. Noticed this on a lot of maps on Ancient Aliens, and MAP26 of Hell Revealed. I can provide a screenshot, if needed.
Starman the Blaziken

Well I changed my render in the version of GZDoom I use to a different render and the hand glitch is gone, but does not help when I changed it back. So their is an issue with one of the render choices. :\ (Also the odd "It is not playing with Doom 1" was basically something where I pretty much clicked specifically on the addon file with the main file and not dragging with the main file with the addon next to it.)
Should I just use GL render? Because I know that must be commonly used or something. But I am having a hard time configuring things out with the long list of settings it has.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Well I changed my render in the version of GZDoom I use to a different render and the hand glitch is gone, but does not help when I changed it back. So their is an issue with one of the render choices. :\ (Also the odd "It is not playing with Doom 1" was basically something where I pretty much clicked specifically on the addon file with the main file and not dragging with the main file with the addon next to it.)
Should I just use GL render? Because I know that must be commonly used or something. But I am having a hard time configuring things out with the long list of settings it has.
The graphics were designed with the hardware renderer in mind, so using OpenGL is probably the best idea here.
Using the software renderer will degrade performance and can cause certain sprites to display poorly. (Wizard Eye in specific has ugly sprites under software rendering)

If you prefer, you can tweak your settings under hardware rendering to keep the game looking pixellated, or even change it to mimic the old software renderer from the original doom.
Starman the Blaziken

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Starman the Blaziken wrote:Well I changed my render in the version of GZDoom I use to a different render and the hand glitch is gone, but does not help when I changed it back. So their is an issue with one of the render choices. :\ (Also the odd "It is not playing with Doom 1" was basically something where I pretty much clicked specifically on the addon file with the main file and not dragging with the main file with the addon next to it.)
The graphics were designed with the hardware renderer in mind, so using OpenGL is probably the best idea here.
Using the software renderer will degrade performance and can cause certain sprites to display poorly. (Wizard Eye in specific has ugly sprites under software rendering)

If you prefer, you can tweak your settings under hardware rendering to keep the game looking pixellated, or even change it to mimic the old software renderer from the original doom.
Well I found how to change the texture clump and set it to none, anything you might want to recommend to change in the GL settings at least in case? (Anyone is free to respond to this.)
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Just mostly completed a significant overhaul of the shop. It's a little prettier and easier to handle. Here's its cooler features:

1. FIREWORKSJFIODSKFOIEPSJKTO
2. There's a shopkeeper button now. You can easily make your own one and load it in an addon by just making an actor.
3. If you bookmark a ring, you'll return to it when opening the shop. If none are bookmarked, you return to where you left.

Aaaaaand a hint or two at things to come. So yea, see you later.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Moar particles! Yaaaay!
Favorite and Shopkeeper button in the interface is noice, dunno who would want to make Nithor go away tho, I love him. Now that it's possible to edit him, I wonder if we'll see a buffNithor variant.
The new spell makes me curious.

Are the particles going to be toggleable? And will they show up in the context menus as well? Possible to customize color or even make it match the selection somehow?
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

are the fireworks screen space or world space?
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

KeksDose wrote:

Just mostly completed a significant overhaul of the shop. It's a little prettier and easier to handle. Here's its cooler features:

1. FIREWORKSJFIODSKFOIEPSJKTO
2. There's a shopkeeper button now. You can easily make your own one and load it in an addon by just making an actor.
3. If you bookmark a ring, you'll return to it when opening the shop. If none are bookmarked, you return to where you left.

Aaaaaand a hint or two at things to come. So yea, see you later.
Sweet! I hope with the new shop menu, you can as well add new spells more easily than it was before? Would sure love to port the Krakken's and Dino's spells in to official guncaster, at least for my own personal usage. :P
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

@Fureyon: Sauce only on the shop right now. I'll add a toggle and custom colours for sure!

It really would be cool if spells had a different effect...

@comet: Screen! This allows drawing sparks over buttons and smooth scaling. The one downside is that pillow can't really mess with it.

@MRWL: Unfortunately, spells in particular have a large roadblock. Spell behaviour is all in the base weapon, which cannot be edited from any addons.

We did find a compromise, but this late into it, it sounds like a lot of pain. I think there was some idea suggested for gzd that'd make this so easy that anybody could add whatever spell they pleased from anywhere, so we put that idea on hold.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

KeksDose wrote:@MRWL: Unfortunately, spells in particular have a large roadblock. Spell behaviour is all in the base weapon, which cannot be edited from any addons.

We did find a compromise, but this late into it, it sounds like a lot of pain. I think there was some idea suggested for gzd that'd make this so easy that anybody could add whatever spell they pleased from anywhere, so we put that idea on hold.
I did experiment with that idea and ended up with conclusion it's absolutely not worth it. Other than me having to refactor or add up a sizable portion to the base weapon, likely rewiring every single weapon to account for that on top - I'd also have to figure out how to make Draugh and Wyverns deal with that as well. That all added up would end up as a truly gigantic pain in the ass. Keks would also have to figure out how to make HUD handle that, albeit at this point that would be our least concern. Still, that's a big, big No from me.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

KeksDose wrote:@MRWL: Unfortunately, spells in particular have a large roadblock. Spell behaviour is all in the base weapon, which cannot be edited from any addons.

Eh, that's sad. I guess the rumors I've heard from DoomKrakken about the new update and that with the new Guncaster shop it will be easier to add new spells end up to be false... :( I at least hope that adding spells, even if they won't appear in shop, will be slightly easier now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”