The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lumbo7332
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Fedora Kinoite
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by lumbo7332 »

Hi. Just wondering why the barrel holding sprite isn't there like it is in this video: https://youtu.be/NjjB5NdgXyM

Also, would it be possible to integrate the bolognese gore mod to make the enemies have better gibs? https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... re-mod-v20
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

lumbo7332 wrote:Hi. Just wondering why the barrel holding sprite isn't there like it is in this video: https://youtu.be/NjjB5NdgXyM
That's Guncaster Vindicated. It's a different mod. There is a link to the thread for that mod in the video description, or you can just type it into the Google and find it.

Any discussion regarding mods other than Guncaster 3.2 should be directed to the appropriate thread.
lumbo7332 wrote: Also, would it be possible to integrate the bolognese gore mod to make the enemies have better gibs? https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... re-mod-v20
You can use bolognese with Guncaster by loading them together like this:

Code: Select all

Gzdoom.exe -file Guncaster.pk3 -file sm4bbgorev2.pk3
If you're asking Pillow to straight up add bolognese to Guncaster.... uh... that's up to him.
zero11x

Post by zero11x »

The Shop opening is a bit slow and I wish all items were available across games but other than those two very good mod. Keep it up!
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

So I got curious and tried to use the console command to show everything in the shop, but the one from previous versions didn't seem to work. What's the new one?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

DemonbaneSol wrote:So I got curious and tried to use the console command to show everything in the shop, but the one from previous versions didn't seem to work. What's the new one?
We totally forgot putting that in, but it'll be there next time. Maybe in some menu for convenience, seems kinda popular.
zero11x wrote:The Shop opening is a bit slow and I wish all items were available across games but other than those two very good mod. Keep it up!
The Ironblast has no spawn spot in Heretic, so pillow put it in the shop, but you do make me wonder why there's Tiberium being sold, too. Maybe an old leftover?
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Sounds good to me. I think I read somewhere that the spawn chance for the Supermag Theta was reduced or something, which I'm inclined to believe, since I didn't encounter it a single time when running through DUMP 2, though at the same time, I didn't encounter a Carnage Collector until I was on the last or second to last map before the "end" map (I played through every map I could; intended to play them all, but a few of them glitched with stuff like teleporters to the maps sending me to the wrong map, two separate ones sending me to the same map, with the exit switch not working the second time through, which featured all of the enemies I killed the first time still being dead, all the items already obtained, etc.; not sure if that was Guncaster or DUMP 2, though).

By the way, does Guncaster do anything to change the Icon of Sin in any way? I tried playing the TNT Revilution megaWAD and it wouldn't open the game. It gave some kind of error about sprites. I can open the megaWAD just fine without those errors if I play it with vanilla TNT and with Metroid Dreadnought 1.1, which are the only other ways I've tested it so far.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Supermag Theta unfortunately does not spawn in this current release, as it was accidentally left out of the global list of chest artifacts. You can fix this manually by opening up Guncaster and going into zscript/GC_Events.txt, where at the very bottom you'll find the "void BuildArtifactList()" function. Just add

Code: Select all

ChestArtifactList.Push("SupermagTheta");
on a new line in that function and it will have the potential to show up on one of your next runs.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

I'm guessing the add-on makes it spawn like normal, then, because back when I tested it on Plutonia map 32, I eventually found it.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Yeah, I've found it a few times, it is rare though.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

DemonbaneSol wrote:By the way, does Guncaster do anything to change the Icon of Sin in any way? I tried playing the TNT Revilution megaWAD and it wouldn't open the game. It gave some kind of error about sprites. I can open the megaWAD just fine without those errors if I play it with vanilla TNT and with Metroid Dreadnought 1.1, which are the only other ways I've tested it so far.
Any chance you're trying to load this with champions?
Because that is guaranteed to give you ICON sprite errors.
The Icon of Sin doesnt have sprites(normally), its just textures.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Nope, just TopHPBars, damnums 1.0.1, Guncaster, and the TNTR.WAD, and now Guncaster's add-on. I use ZDL to launch everything, and I make sure that the WAD for the maps is loaded before Guncaster, although it gives the same errors even if it's loaded after.

Here's the stuff it kicks out when it stops itself from opening the game:
Spoiler:
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

About the spell books you find, for example if you find a Tome for Apocalypse you still need to buy it in shop to use it?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Beezle wrote:About the spell books you find, for example if you find a Tome for Apocalypse you still need to buy it in shop to use it?
Nope. You find and get a tome, you can cast that spell.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Something I've been wondering about for a while now: is it a bug or a feature that when you have the powersuit equipped, that thrown TNT instantly detonates on hitting anything (incl walls and floors)?
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

A bit unrelated to this topic, but any chance this will be included in the official Guncaster by default? - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=63660

The Dinosaur Nerd made a great work in to actually allowing people to play Guncaster with custom enemies in custom megawads, allowing these enemies actually have the goodie things from the Guncaster, i.e. bleeding for money, drop gold and even apply the affliction system! In fact, with this mod, the affliction system applies even to vanila monsters in Nightmare difficulty.

It also replaces the custom guns from the megawad with Guncaster guns. I'd say, considering that Guncaster is something that is meant to be working with multiple iwads and often used to play custom megawads that extend the difficulty, having such feature is something I'd call a must have.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”