The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ts879

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by Ts879 »

Nice mods but needs rocket launcher. Maybe if you can have Matriarch shoot rockets for increased ranged
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Why have a rocket launcher when you can burn everything 10 meters from you. :D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The slugs move way faster than rockets. To switch out the ballistic slugs for rockets would be purely [censored word].
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

I'm feeling a bit blind now, after just noticing the other day that the small ammo pickups for the Matriarch are different between Doom and Heretic. In Doom, they appear as two shells and give two, while in Heretic they appear as and give three. Intentional?

Also, am I supposed to be harmed by the explosions and spirits from Corpse Blast? It seems like sometimes I can explode a corpse while standing right next to it and be perfectly fine, but then do it again later and get sent flying across the room while taking enough damage to make one think I tried to block a Cyberdemon rocket with my face. Somewhat related to this is the fact that it seems like when I aim down at enough of an angle and shoot with a projectile weapon or spell while in the air, I hit some sort of invisible "floor" underneath me. Is that an engine limitation?

Some other ideas and questions, for if (hopefully when) you get back to this mod...

I seem to recall seeing either art or a sprite pic of Cygnis where he has a tail. I'd suggest officially giving him one, if you haven't already, and make it "semi-prehensile", in that he can use it well enough when grabbing things with it to use it for the TNT quick toss. Also maybe add a fists-only, back+kick 360° tail whip attack. Or maybe it could be like the forward+kick lunge kick, instead, and you could use it with any weapon selected. If balance is needed, make it weaker than the roundhouse kicks, since it would hit everything around you while knocking them back, instead of a small area in front of you.

How hard would it be to give the Loadsamoney Mode option a "lite" version, where it only gives the permanent money magnet, without the "enemies literally bleed gold" part?

I know I asked before about changing the sprites used for the small loot drops, but what about also making their "hitbox" or whatever it's called bigger, so it's a bit easier to pick them up when running over a corpse? Or maybe, if it wouldn't cause issues with scripts or any other kind of stress on the system, have the player have a natural money magnet effect that has a range equal to about 1 to 1.5 teleport pads out from the player?

I know it's a different game, engine, company, and all that, but it would cool if there was a Duke Nukem 3D/Shadow Warrior Classic version of this mod. I'm pretty sure it would be a hell of a lot of work to remake the mod from scratch in order to have that, though, so... yeah.

Anyway, all of the above questions and comments about in-game stuff with the mod apply to Guncaster 2.8a and both GZ Doom 2.2 and 3.0.1. I also encountered the save game gold bug mentioned previously when I was using GZ Doom 3.0.1 while playing on Nuts.WAD. Could it have anything to do with the amount of "things" on a map, maybe?

EDIT: I think I remember it being addressed before by someone else, but I just encountered a bug where while I was wearing the Asbestos Suit and under the effects of the Philosopher's Tome, my attempts at punching enemies caused me to cast spells in a glitchy manner instead. I had Skullfire selected, if that makes a difference, and when I tried to punch, my hands lowered and the spell was cast, without my hand appearing to do the casting animation. Upon activating a Berserk Pack along with it, everything straightened out and worked fine, but only when it was Berserk+Midas. Midas by itself with the suit didn't work right.

This was with Guncaster 2.8a, GZ Doom 2.2, and while I doubt it makes a difference, I was playing the 1 Monster megawad. I'm curious to see for myself if that one previously mentioned bug where Powersuit+Berserk+Midas does no damage is a thing in GZ Doom 2.2 with GC 2.8a, but I haven't remembered to try it when playing yet.
T.K.Bold

Post by T.K.Bold »

DemonbaneSol wrote: I seem to recall seeing either art or a sprite pic of Cygnis where he has a tail. I'd suggest officially giving him one, if you haven't already, and make it "semi-prehensile", in that he can use it well enough when grabbing things with it to use it for the TNT quick toss. Also maybe add a fists-only, back+kick 360° tail whip attack. Or maybe it could be like the forward+kick lunge kick, instead, and you could use it with any weapon selected. If balance is needed, make it weaker than the roundhouse kicks, since it would hit everything around you while knocking them back, instead of a small area in front of you.
I second giving Cyg a tail. Even if its just a small sprite update. No dragon should be without his tail! D:
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

We've actually been through the topic of his missing tail a couple of times. He is but one of many tailless descendants of Nithor, an inhabitant of Asuzra, whose clan eventually spreads into the Borderworld (i.e. Original Earth) - just one of those quirks of genetics that happens to pass on to an entire family tree because of ~dragon magicks~. Also its non-existence is the reason he wears pants. (Real reason: Pillow forgot to draw it but it's canon now, too bad suckerssssssss)
shrina

Post by shrina »

I have a small question... is there a "summon" command for the power armor? It never seems to want to spawn for me...
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

shrina wrote:I have a small question... is there a "summon" command for the power armor? It never seems to want to spawn for me...

Code: Select all

Summon PowersuitBringer
Zhs2 wrote:We've actually been through the topic of his missing tail a couple of times. He is but one of many tailless descendants of Nithor, an inhabitant of Asuzra, whose clan eventually spreads into the Borderworld (i.e. Original Earth) - just one of those quirks of genetics that happens to pass on to an entire family tree because of ~dragon magicks~. Also its non-existence is the reason he wears pants. (Real reason: Pillow forgot to draw it but it's canon now, too bad suckerssssssss)
WAIT WAT.

DAMMIT. Now I can't give Cygnis the awesome tail I drew for him before... :(
shrina

Post by shrina »

DoomKrakken wrote:
shrina wrote:I have a small question... is there a "summon" command for the power armor? It never seems to want to spawn for me...

Code: Select all

Summon PowersuitBringer
Thank you!
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

DoomKrakken wrote:
Zhs2 wrote:We've actually been through the topic of his missing tail a couple of times. He is but one of many tailless descendants of Nithor, an inhabitant of Asuzra, whose clan eventually spreads into the Borderworld (i.e. Original Earth) - just one of those quirks of genetics that happens to pass on to an entire family tree because of ~dragon magicks~. Also its non-existence is the reason he wears pants. (Real reason: Pillow forgot to draw it but it's canon now, too bad suckerssssssss)
WAIT WAT.

DAMMIT. Now I can't give Cygnis the awesome tail I drew for him before... :(
That's what mods, options (even Magics) are for, you could call it 'What if Cygnis had a tail' :3
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

This needs to be an ability in Guncaster. Somehow. Somewhere. :D
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

ofcourse you would record it with evilution as the IWAD
don't think i didn't notice that

also what looks like a new book
and some kind of box
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

comet1337 wrote:ofcourse you would record it with evilution as the IWAD
don't think i didn't notice that

also what looks like a new book
and some kind of box
context~
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Dragon Breath-flavored spicy bundles, comin' right up.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I didn't see this new box that was mentioned... but I do see the new tome.

As far as I can gather from other prototype lore, it's a special tome that turns you into a being capable of more chaotic devastation than you usually are: The Deadmaker.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”