The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rowsol

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5a

Post by Rowsol »

Here's a crash report.
I was running around with the Draugh and he was the one casting sheep, and I had amp tome active.

Edit: haha, I'm rewatching Futurama and I just hit the "paaaarty" sound bite. For anyone interested, it's the episode 'anthology of interest II'.
Attachments
yea.JPG
GD_Seirya
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GD_Seirya »

Thread Cutter spell appears to be graphically bugged. If you fire it against the wall, it points the opposite direction, making it look weird. See the screenshot here: https://i.imgur.com/viaSxsK.png
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

AvzinElkein wrote:Speaking of Powersuit, is it true that you can only acquiring it via buying it from Nithor in Strife?
There is a guy in Order Commons on who sells it, among other, high-tier goods.
Rowsol wrote:Here's a crash report.
I was running around with the Draugh and he was the one casting sheep, and I had amp tome active.

Edit: haha, I'm rewatching Futurama and I just hit the "paaaarty" sound bite. For anyone interested, it's the episode 'anthology of interest II'.
Smells like "I had a master but then I didn't, therefore let's explode". Added a safety measure, should hopefully prevent that.
GD_Seirya wrote:Thread Cutter spell appears to be graphically bugged. If you fire it against the wall, it points the opposite direction, making it look weird. See the screenshot here: https://i.imgur.com/viaSxsK.png
In one gzdoom version that got flipped, so I added my own flip to counter that flip. I guess that got fixed again, so!... Yea. Will be fixed for the next time again.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

Today I had a strange Error. When I shot Sandman in the Pre-Gama Edition.

As a mappack I used Chillax as usual. And suddenly all enemies disappeared with an endless error message (appearing in the console):

Invalid sound position (nan, nan, nan) for actor of class '*'
Invalid sound velocity (nan, nan, nan) for actor of class '*'
Invalid sound position (nan, nan, nan) for actor of class '*'
Invalid sound velocity (nan, nan, nan) for actor of class '*'
VM execution aborted: division by zero.
Called from Actor.A_Tracer2 at gzdoom.pk3: zscript / actors / doom / revenant.zs, line 209
Called from Actor.A_Tracer at gzdoom.pk3: zscript / actor / doom / revenant.zs, line 244
Called from the state RevenantTracer.1 in RevenantTracer2

After that, Cygnis suddenly died, and a yellow icon face appeared in the console that showed me the middle finger. Below was also the following text:

Only you can ensure this does not happen again.
(gzd has aborted your hopes and dreams 1 time now.) (1 this session)

'*' = Monsters in the actual Map
Attachments
"Hell"
"Hell"
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

ahahahaha i was hoping someone would post this

I put that in as a celebration of writing multiple 10k lines of zscript for guncaster (canned or not)* and suffering like 1000 vm aborts on the way, and also to give it a bit more of a personal touch. It really does make vm aborts less frustrating to see, doesn't it?

I swear I had fixed this exact Sandman error before, though, so that's weird. Equipping the eyepatch caused its projectiles to abduct monsters into the NaN-zone, where anything can see and destroy you.

*For reference, I wrote from scratch almost 30% of this mod's zscript. Saying I wasn't molded by vm aborts would be nicing the numbers.
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

KeksDose wrote:ahahahaha i was hoping someone would post this

I put that in as a celebration of writing multiple 10k lines of zscript for guncaster (canned or not)* and suffering like 1000 vm aborts on the way, and also to give it a bit more of a personal touch. It really does make vm aborts less frustrating to see, doesn't it?

I swear I had fixed this exact Sandman error before, though, so that's weird. Equipping the eyepatch caused its projectiles to abduct monsters into the NaN-zone, where anything can see and destroy you.

*For reference, I wrote from scratch almost 30% of this mod's zscript. Saying I wasn't molded by vm aborts would be nicing the numbers.
sorry about that! ^^'

I know you're working hard on this red chunk of meat with Pillow's friends! xD

BTW: I will test the thing tomorrow with the eye patch. Maybe that's really the problem?
For testing purposes, I saved the location of the monster masses (where the error originated).

I will test it about 5x without the effect.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

NTSM wrote:

sorry about that! ^^'

BTW: I will test the thing tomorrow with the eye patch. Maybe that's really the problem?
For testing purposes, I saved the location of the monster masses (where the error originated).

It wasn't the patch but the Emperor's Breath; try redownloading cause I updated it to 3.5a lately due to that bug.
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

PillowBlaster wrote:
NTSM wrote:

sorry about that! ^^'

It wasn't the patch but the Emperor's Breath; try redownloading cause I updated it to 3.5a lately due to that bug.
Ok! ^^ Thx for the Information Dude!

Nevertheless, I will test it in hindsight in the next version.
Hope then, too, that our Keks has its rest? xD

BTW: Has the Longhorn ammunition and the Hammerspace backpack been added to the shop? I still miss that. :D
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Dunno if bug, but Strife enemies killed by Firebreath play their electric death animation...
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

If you have the sandman strat active and you load your game you have to toggle it off/on.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

NTSM wrote:BTW: Has the Longhorn ammunition and the Hammerspace backpack been added to the shop? I still miss that. :D
Rowsol wrote:If you have the sandman strat active and you load your game you have to toggle it off/on.
Keks got 'em! Praise the mooooon with him, will be in for next update. But the shop thing you can access now, I replaced the link in OP with a direct path to our work file, since it weighs negligible amount, so it shouldn't go up into my download quota and block dropbox~
AvzinElkein wrote:Dunno if bug, but Strife enemies killed by Firebreath play their electric death animation...
Weird, I'll look into later. Doesn't sound like a too annoying of a bug to squash at least.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Also, being unable to collect Tomes of Power due to being at the max of 5 prevents me from clearing some Heretic levels at 100%.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I guess I'll bring this up incase anyone else runs into it. Sometimes, usually when I'm fairly far into a wad, my kick attack will randomly cause the game to tank hard, down to 1-2 fps, which then reverts to normal once the kick has connected with something or otherwise finished. I honestly don't know how one would go about narrowing down the problem since it's not repeatable by any means I've found. I even bought each artifact one at a time and couldn't figure it out. It's quite frustrating when it happens though. Here's a snippet of it happening.

https://youtu.be/kwLMA1jJk_E

I want to reiterate that this isn't a single moment but something that has happened at least a dozen times and it's always with a kick. I should note that it only seems to happen if I have a target in the crosshair. Kicking at the air doesn't seem to cause it.
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

'But the shop thing you can access now, I replaced the link in OP with a direct path to our work file, since it weighs negligible amount, so it shouldn't go up into my download quota and block dropbox~'

Hm. Doesn't seem to have worked? After downloading again, I still couldn't find any longhorn ammunition or the backpack in the shop. :( Still the same amount of Items in there. Maybe in the next Version? ^^
Incidentally, the problem with the VM Aborts and the Sandman did not occur again. ^^ Good job!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

NTSM wrote:'But the shop thing you can access now, I replaced the link in OP with a direct path to our work file, since it weighs negligible amount, so it shouldn't go up into my download quota and block dropbox~'

Hm. Doesn't seem to have worked? After downloading again, I still couldn't find any longhorn ammunition or the backpack in the shop. :( Still the same amount of Items in there. Maybe in the next Version? ^^
Incidentally, the problem with the VM Aborts and the Sandman did not occur again. ^^ Good job!
Try now. Me being the genius I am forgot that we have a separate editing folder for that and forgot I'm supposed to throw those fixes in. I could probably just link to the folder instead to evade it altogether, but I feel not much folks know you can actually throw entire folders if their structure is exactly like your average pk3 and it will also work, given that's what it essentially is - a packed folder, but... I think I'll leave the user end be free of the headache of figuring that out.
Rowsol wrote:I guess I'll bring this up incase anyone else runs into it. Sometimes, usually when I'm fairly far into a wad, my kick attack will randomly cause the game to tank hard, down to 1-2 fps, which then reverts to normal once the kick has connected with something or otherwise finished. I honestly don't know how one would go about narrowing down the problem since it's not repeatable by any means I've found. I even bought each artifact one at a time and couldn't figure it out. It's quite frustrating when it happens though. Here's a snippet of it happening.

https://youtu.be/kwLMA1jJk_E

I want to reiterate that this isn't a single moment but something that has happened at least a dozen times and it's always with a kick. I should note that it only seems to happen if I have a target in the crosshair. Kicking at the air doesn't seem to cause it.
It looks like a precaching issue to me, but who knows, maybe Dino or I did something haram.
AvzinElkein wrote:Also, being unable to collect Tomes of Power due to being at the max of 5 prevents me from clearing some Heretic levels at 100%.
There's that magic button called "use item" here to save your day there~

Return to “Gameplay Mods”