The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
goldenmob72

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by goldenmob72 »

wildweasel wrote:
goldenmob72 wrote:Hello, there PillowBlaster

For some reason When Playing The latest version of Guncaster with BD v21 Monsters the coins [currency] in GC do not drop at all

Can you look into this please ?
Brutal Doom doesn't work with Guncaster. Money drops require the monsters to be modified.
Well, I wasn't referring to Brutal Doom. I was referring to the Add-on Sgt Mark IV made, Brutal Doom Monsters Only mod

Here https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... ly-version
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Your answer is still going to be the same: the monsters have to be specifically coded to work with Guncaster.

Also what dinosaur nerd said.
aspookybird

Post by aspookybird »

Help! I have a crash when playing the latest guncaster on Hexen.
I have GC_Addon, GC_WeaponShop and Guncaster pk3 files in GZDoom's root folder. Everything is working just fine but after picking up the strucker and summoning the weapon wheel the game crashes. If I scroll weapons, hot swap to the weapons or put the weapons button nothing bad happens, only when I summon the weapon wheel to quick select does the game crash.

You can see the crash here:
https://imgur.com/a/rYojLg4
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Picking up a gladius barrel from a chest doesn't give you one.

Edit: I was just killing hordes of Cyberdemons when this error popped up. I have made a minor change to the chests so maybe it's my fault. I commented out 2 items from ArtifactList (chest, line 90) and the same 2 items from BuildArtifactList (gc_events line 382).

I've had this change done for quite a while and never had an issue, the chests properly don't spawn said items. It's only now on this particular level. Like I said there are hordes of chests dropping and I guess it can't find a valid item to drop since I have everything.

I did notice something though. On ArtifactList in chest.txt, "StridersLantern" is missing a comma after it.

Edit2: Okay, I managed to get the same crash on an unmodified 3.3. Here's the kicker though. I'm opening tons of chests and all is fine. I decide to open the store and buy 3 gladius barrels (since the chest drop doesn't actually give you any as noted above). The very next chest I open the game crashes. I guess the reason I've never had any problems before is because I've never actually bought any gladius barrels so the chest always had a valid drop option.

Turns out the reason for the crashing now is because I fixed the gladius barrel issue which was just a simple typo. Since I don't know how to fix the deferred list issue I just commented out

Code: Select all

//		else if(ValidDeferredDrops.Size())
	//		{
	//			A_SpawnItemEx(ValidDeferredDrops[random(0,ValidArtifactDrops.Size()-1)].."Bringer",0,0,0,0,0,10);
	//		}
and it doesn't crash now.

Edit3: I did eventually get it to crash again but instead of an error message I got a very fatal error, so I'm not sure it's the mod's fault this time.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

I tried playing Chex Quest 3 w/ Guncaster [Latest version] and this is what happened https://youtu.be/XheF2YLw93w

Also I was using LZDoom 3.82
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

There is one ancient bug that I wanted to report for a whilr, but I wasn't sure if it is a bug.

Basically, the Annihilation spell's projectile as it flies stop playing sound after a while, like after 2-3 seconds.

But I also foundout that Sigil Of The Gods play same sound while the main projectile is flying, but the sound doesn't stop playing. So I guess that's a bug of Annihilation spell.
zero11x
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Strife Alarms

Post by zero11x »

Hey, I'm having an issue with Strife and Guncaster 3.3 where the alarms go off when I hit almost any of the walls and sometimes the acolytes attack and sometimes they don't, I'm thinking it's a bug so I thought I should report it. Love the Mod! Keep it up PillowBlaster.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Wow, okay. So apparently Dosh10, 25, and 35 all give 1 dosh when picked up. The "BaseBringer.ItemMinWorth" doesn't seem to work.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

erni945

Post by erni945 »

Faithless for Heretic, and I noticed a strange thing: Namely at the E1M8 level where the iron liches are lifted, when the backpack is raised the side walls do not fall down while in other mods such as Trailblazer or High Noon Drifter they open immediately does anyone know what this may result from? :?
Tetsuryu

Post by Tetsuryu »

Not sure if this has been reported, but apparently the death of a teammate in co-op closes the shop for everyone if they have it open.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

That's a good catch. Fixed.
erni945 wrote:Faithless for Heretic, and I noticed a strange thing: Namely at the E1M8 level where the iron liches are lifted, when the backpack is raised the side walls do not fall down while in other mods such as Trailblazer or High Noon Drifter they open immediately does anyone know what this may result from? :?
It's a Guncaster bug! Items can trigger specials like lowering walls when picking them up, but it appears the backpack ignored this. Dino fixed it for the next update.
Tekmon_Xonic

Post by Tekmon_Xonic »

Hey Pillowblaster!

I just want to know that I sat down with guncaster, loaded up wadsmoosh, and played through Doom 1's episode 1, 2, 3, and 4 in it's entirety, played Doom 2 in it's entirety, and played TNT in it's entirety. I reached peak power near the end of TNT. Owning every weapon, spell, upgrade, item, you name it, and let me tell you, it was one heck of an adventure. Starting with just a revolver, and ultimately ending up with power armor, a shoulder cannon, and a possessed shotgun who could really kill for a cheeseburger. It was on heck of a ride, and I can't wait to sit down and play it with other games. Love your mod, and everyone who worked on it. Keep up the good work!
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

For some reason I cannot obtain the Longhorn [Pistol] , this happened on HeXen : Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Here's a video on it https://youtu.be/EXEmvoxJdiI
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

goldenmob72 wrote:For some reason I cannot obtain the Longhorn [Pistol] , this happened on HeXen : Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Here's a video on it https://youtu.be/EXEmvoxJdiI
You already start with it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”