The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bobby

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by Bobby »

Bug: Midis touch still has a gold magnet when not active
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Bobby wrote:Bug: Midis touch still has a gold magnet when not active
Not a bug, this is an intentional feature.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Found a minor bug: chests bleed when hit with Brimstone.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Finally, the sword is in. :D

Loving seeing the new weapons.

Damn... changes are happening so fast now... good to see that it's so alive, now! :D
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

After a bit more testing I have to say that the Sandman is fun, but holy shit does it eat up ammo. I'm loving the money magnet passive effect of the Philosopher's Tome, too. It makes looting so much more convenient. I also noticed that the "I smell gold" message and distance counter seems to be gone, with only the arrow there now. Was that intentional?

I'm also guessing it was intentional that Brimstone doesn't get the midas touch effect from the tome, right?

I will miss being able to have 100% damage negation from the Mana Shield tome, though...
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

For some reason with this update when using the shop/item/weapon/spell wheels, I can't move the cursor with the analogue stick on a controller, it did work before. Be great if you could look into it, thanks.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DemonbaneSol wrote:After a bit more testing I have to say that the Sandman is fun, but holy shit does it eat up ammo.
Gnu smig ammo fastering.
DemonbaneSol wrote:I'm loving the money magnet passive effect of the Philosopher's Tome, too. It makes looting so much more convenient.
Mone succ.
DemonbaneSol wrote:I also noticed that the "I smell gold" message and distance counter seems to be gone, with only the arrow there now. Was that intentional?
It should still be there, not sure why it'd be gone? Seems to work on my side.
DemonbaneSol wrote:I'm also guessing it was intentional that Brimstone doesn't get the midas touch effect from the tome, right?
Yup.
DemonbaneSol wrote:I will miss being able to have 100% damage negation from the Mana Shield tome, though...
As much as the mod's goal is to make you feel invincible, with all other damage reductors involved, it made it a tad too good. If you wanna however still have it at full power, sv_unlimitedpickup 1 is a thing we accomodated for to a decent extent~
NTSM wrote:Yo PB!
One question :idea: ... is it possible to add backpacks in the weapons shop area? Sometimes with the limited amount of ammo at the start and the use of the Sandman, it would be really cool to be able to raise the capacity. ^-^
Noted.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

I'm using GZDoom 4.1.3, BTW. Not sure if that would be the cause or not.

While playing Sunlust I noticed that when I get Gladius Barrels, they don't seem to register in the shop as having been picked up. I've found 2 of them so far and the shop was still showing 0/3.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

DemonbaneSol wrote:While playing Sunlust I noticed that when I get Gladius Barrels, they don't seem to register in the shop as having been picked up. I've found 2 of them so far and the shop was still showing 0/3.
I ran into this, too. Picking up a Gladius Barrel doesn't register, with the shop still showing whatever number you had before, and the icon not changing, either. Buying one registers properly, though.

EDIT: After some more testing (and looking at the code), it turns out that picking up a Gladius Barrel doesn't add the Gladius Barrel to the player's inventory, it adds the Matriarch instead.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

FlyingPotato wrote:EDIT: After some more testing (and looking at the code), it turns out that picking up a Gladius Barrel doesn't add the Gladius Barrel to the player's inventory, it adds the Matriarch instead.
But why tho; I don't even remember having to do anything there warranting that mistake. My brain is full of wat. Ah well, fixed now.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

Yo PB!
Sorry again... but if you shot with the Augur trough the Walls with the Strat, the AugurWallHack(Actor) will not remove after the Shot.
I noticed that when the sound was still at the limit of its distance.
And at the actorlist (console Info).
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Been a long time since I posted any suggestions, holy cow...

PillowBlaster, do you think you could make it so that items such as the PowerSuit and Draugh Tome can have their respective activating and deactiviating items condensed into one item? This way, one could bind it to a quick-use button if one so desired, and one wouldn't need to shuffle through the inventory in order to look for the (de)activating item.

I was able to do this on my end, so it is possible. I even accommodated for summoning the Draugh when the item is used while holding the Use button, and for calling it back. With this method, it is possible to add a functionality if one so desired that allows you to even summon the Draugh directly from you wearing it, and it'll peel from your skin upon summoning it in the meantime (as opposed to taking it off and then looking for the item again to summon the Draugh). This also can work vice versa: you can make it so that you can immediately call back the Draugh and instantly transition to wearing it. On my end, I was able to then bind it to a custom keybind, and it made usage of the Draugh tome so much more efficient.

I apparently haven't done this yet (though I could've sworn I did at one point in time), but I wanted to make it so that depending on the state of the Draugh, whether it's dormant, being worn, or summoned, the singular item's icon will change to reflect that current state. It should be easy enough to do (it would require having the DECORATE counterpart of the Draugh Tome to inherit from a ZScript actor that will change its icon depending on other items present in the inventory, like what you did with other items).

I did a similar thing with the Bishop Powersuit an even longer time ago, binding both of its items into one single item, which would also allow it to be quick-used.

Would you like to see what I did? Would you consider adding such functionality to those items?
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Noticed another bug. The Auger strat is missing the sparkly particle overlay on the scope, even when particle effects aren't disabled.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DoomKrakken wrote:words
I already have powersuit in one item. I also want to decide whenever I wanna turn draugh tome into cash or another clone upon finding (plus there's probably some other annoying stuff I'd have to deal with if I'd do that, given if I didn't do something which would make sense - it means I have some reason for it I forgot about). So probably not planning any changes here. Best I can do is maybe force selecting the dried-up tome after using it. I don't think there's a need for a custom keybind for it either.
FlyingPotato wrote:Noticed another bug. The Auger strat is missing the sparkly particle overlay on the scope, even when particle effects aren't disabled.
Pretty sure Keks decided to remove them as they didn't look that good and it was distracting. (And I'd agree with him either!)
NTSM wrote:Yo PB!
Sorry again... but if you shot with the Augur trough the Walls with the Strat, the AugurWallHack(Actor) will not remove after the Shot.
I noticed that when the sound was still at the limit of its distance.
And at the actorlist (console Info).
I was confused cause I couldn't reproduce it. Then I got informed that got already fixed.

Did you praise Keks yet? No? DO EEEEET~
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

If Keksdose has fixed the problem, then he deserves praise. ^^
Then all I have to do is wait for a new version. :D
Thanks for the information! And thanks Keksdose! ;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”