The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5a

Post by NTSM »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Try now. Me being the genius I am forgot that we have a separate editing folder for that and forgot I'm supposed to throw those fixes in. I could probably just link to the folder instead to evade it altogether, but I feel not much folks know you can actually throw entire folders if their structure is exactly like your average pk3 and it will also work, given that's what it essentially is - a packed folder, but... I think I'll leave the user end be free of the headache of figuring that out.
Works fine now! ^^ You really are a genius. Would love to give a golden caco for it. ;)
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I have some suggestions for the next version.

Sandman strat: lower the alpha of the colored box and remove the default crosshair.
Remove propane from invbar when 0.
Artifacts that can be toggled are on by default.
Option to remove tutorial text on stuff like powersuit.
Reduce the gumpop arc. Half my shots fly over their heads.
Molten armor for sale in shop. You can replace the useless TNT.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

I'll reply about the stuff I did.

Sandman strat: I need something to stay in the middle, cuz I made it so if you aim over something, the auto-crosshair will chase that target instead. I could lower the alpha though.

Propane in bar: Consider it fixed.

Default toggle: I could add an option that affects the items in the shop, but I won't touch anything else.

Molten Armor in shop: I don't remember programming handling for this. If I did, then replacing TNT with this would be pillow's call.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Aaaand I'll answer what concerns me!
Rowsol wrote:I have some suggestions for the next version.

Artifacts that can be toggled are on by default.
Option to remove tutorial text on stuff like powersuit.
Reduce the gumpop arc. Half my shots fly over their heads.
Molten armor for sale in shop. You can replace the useless TNT.
-Hmmm... I actually prefer them off by default - I guess I'll see if it won't take some weird hoops (aka my solution won't end up with different problems) - I could do it at least for mana shield to activate by default.
-It only pops up once per game, not sure if I wanna add a cvar just for that, but eh, what the hell -it's just one cvar, so might as well?
-I can tone it down a little.
-Hmmm... I can do it~

EDIT: Done and added cvar for toggling between modes on artifact activation~
brianwilcheck

Post by brianwilcheck »

Truly great mod!
Had some trouble running it, then I just ran it with Plutonia.wad and the issue cleared up.
Something about the shop not being a type.
Scratch that.
Continuing to get error messages.
Specific error:
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 25: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShop as type.
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 25: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShop as type.
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 24: Unable to resolve all fields for class Gc_WeaponShop
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

When's the Trailblazer update coming?
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

I want to tell you that this mod is great. I only downloaded 3 of your mods though, Mainly, guncaster, russian overkill, and trailblazer.

Guncaster though, it's one of the mods that placed first in my heart (also mind). The only mod that feel overpowered but still have something balanced there. I called it overpowered-balanced. It's just like playing with a mage wearing chainmail with staff in left hand and magic sword in right hand.

My opinion on Russian overkill is a bit different. That mod is too overpowered. I can feel it, the enemies can feel it, my computer can feel it, even my keyboard can feel it. It also take too much time to change weapon though, can you add a weapon wheel for them?

Now for trailblazer, compared to the others, this mod is underpowered. I dare to say it's your most 'average' looking mod, the only thing that feel overpowered is the upgrade system. I'm sorry to say this, but the upgrade just feel 'useless' (sorry if I said that, again), maybe make each weapon have (another) alternate fire mode?

I usually use these mods in conjunction with bia (an inventory mod that can summon overpowered ally) and touhoudoom (mainly the friendly variant only) and played it with 'give all' or 'give dosh' (it's the currency right?). Then played the mods with overpowered enemies (mainly legendary complex doom) or with megawad (chillax) or both (playable with 5 fps). It's a shame I can't play it with clusterf*** because I must use zandronum.
mitekman
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by mitekman »

how did you combine Gan Custer with the complex?
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

WTF-Cyggie.png
Another Middlefinger in my Live with Cyggie. xD
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Is it just me, or do the chain lightning bullets have trouble locking onto Heretic Gargoyles?
EndHack

Post by EndHack »

weird memes
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Romero Approved! (My own name is whited out for privacy reasons.)
PrincessColumbia

Post by PrincessColumbia »

I've been encountering a...weirdness when trying to play Guncaster. I have made sure to have the most recent version of Guncaster and GZDoom. When I run Guncaster with Heretic or Hexen, everything works just fine. Dragon gets gun, gun goes boom with satisfying epicness, enemy dies. Dragon takes damage if you sit around too long, etc.

HOWEVER, when I try running Guncaster with Doom.wad or Doom2.wad, nothing takes damage. Not the dragon, not the enemies, not the destructible parts of the environment (barrels, specifically) Just to confirm it wasn't just a magnificently hardy pair of zombies in E1M1's first encounter, I used the "all weapons and items" cheat to equip the super-shotgun, and when I pull the trigger there's an absolutely gorgeous spray of blood that appears behind two fully intact zombies that are sitting there trying to shoot me as though nothing happened. If I get around enemies and let them attack, the sounds happen, the attack animations happen, but no damage to the character happens.

I tried searching the thread for anything that would match this confusion, but I haven't been able to find anything like it. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

PrincessColumbia wrote:I've been encountering a...weirdness when trying to play Guncaster. I have made sure to have the most recent version of Guncaster and GZDoom. When I run Guncaster with Heretic or Hexen, everything works just fine. Dragon gets gun, gun goes boom with satisfying epicness, enemy dies. Dragon takes damage if you sit around too long, etc.

HOWEVER, when I try running Guncaster with Doom.wad or Doom2.wad, nothing takes damage. Not the dragon, not the enemies, not the destructible parts of the environment (barrels, specifically) Just to confirm it wasn't just a magnificently hardy pair of zombies in E1M1's first encounter, I used the "all weapons and items" cheat to equip the super-shotgun, and when I pull the trigger there's an absolutely gorgeous spray of blood that appears behind two fully intact zombies that are sitting there trying to shoot me as though nothing happened. If I get around enemies and let them attack, the sounds happen, the attack animations happen, but no damage to the character happens.

I tried searching the thread for anything that would match this confusion, but I haven't been able to find anything like it. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Try deleting your .ini file, I suspect the damage adjustment sliders somehow got their numbers set to zero. I think every game has their own set of saved CVARS, that would explain things working correctly in heretic and hexen but not doom.

Be aware: deleting your .ini file will require you to rebind keys
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Try deleting your .ini file, I suspect the damage adjustment sliders somehow got their numbers set to zero. I think every game has their own set of saved CVARS, that would explain things working correctly in heretic and hexen but not doom.

Be aware: deleting your .ini file will require you to rebind keys
I'd suggest just adjusting those aforementioned sliders while launching it in doom first. Other than keys, you also have to essentially reconfigure everything else, so I wouldn't recommend doing that that unless as a last resort. They are under "here be dragons" -> gameplay options, first two things you see on top of that panel.

If that won't work for some reason - set GC_PlayerAttackMult and GC_PlayerDefenseMult in console to 1.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”