The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dutchygamer

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by Dutchygamer »

KeksDose wrote:There might be no problem at all. If you downloaded it on the release day, the shop bug exists. However, I fixed that a day later and had pillow edit the post with a slightly newer version. Redownload and see if it persists.

I can tell cuz line 500 in the slightly newer release doesn't even contain anything to vm abort from.

Guess pillow forgot mentioning that mini update here.

edit: I'll take a closer look anyway. Shopkeep shouldn't talk if there isn't anything to say to begin with.
Compared a fresh GC 3.3 download with my current GC 3.3, and it is indeed different at line 500. I do recall getting it right on the day it was released, so maybe I had the bugged version. Will give it a spin if I can reproduce it :)
Thranix
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thranix »

Hello there, Pillowblaster.

I've been getting some -- I say some, but the number is really closer to 93 or so -- errors with the Guncaster Addons and the Weapon Shop.

Long-ass error list from attempting to load guncaster with just the addon.
Spoiler:
The shop has had significantly fewer errors, but I'm not really sure what's causing either set. I did some checks to see if it was one of the other WADs, but as far as I can tell, it isn't. It may be some slightly-janky interaction between all three and the latest version of GZDoom, but I'm not familiar enough with the coding end of things to say that with any certainty.

Code: Select all

GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 25: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShop as type.
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 25: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShop as type.
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 24: Unable to resolve all fields for class Gc_WeaponShop
I assume I've done something wrong on my end to get these, since nobody else seems to be reporting this at the moment.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

You have to load the addon after the main file.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Does anyone know any good maps to go with this fine mod? I'm completely lost... :(
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Any that don't replace stuff. Here's some:

good morning phobos
going down
valiant: vaccinated edition
hellbound
doom 404
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

AvzinElkein wrote:Does anyone know any good maps to go with this fine mod? I'm completely lost... :(
Try Eviternity. :wink:
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

My favourite megawads to go with the mod that haven't been mentioned are:

Back To Saturn X (Episodes 1 & 2)
Sunlust
Resurgence
Community Chest 4
Scythe 2

If you want to keep all your stuff you may need to do some God mode/changemap for some of the level exits.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

For the love of God please update all the Pulverizer's sprites in general. It looks soo underwhelming compared to other weapons, something like a trip minigun unlike chaingun turret mode in DOOM
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Ts879 wrote:For the love of God please update all the Pulverizer's sprites in general. It looks soo underwhelming compared to other weapons, something like a trip minigun unlike chaingun turret mode in DOOM
I like Pulverizer tho, imho it's perfect as is.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The gems don't shine unless you toggle dynamic lights upon starting the level. I'm not sure how it took me this long to notice. I found that changing the states of the gems from
-1 stop
to
1 wait
fixed the issue. I don't recall there ever being an issue before on previous versions. I just tested it on a fresh install of 4.1.3 with no options touched to be sure it wasn't something I did.
The other items that use a -1 state like PurpleBonus behave like they should. I'm confucious.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

The gldefs seem to be screwed in this version anyway, given that the pulselights got broken. Please take note this is not the first nor last time this happens, I am not touching that until I am sure I have to, since doing so prematurely will end up with me having extra load of work put onto myself for being too vigilant and having to revert it back. Been there, done that - if it's a gzdoom issue, I should probably leave it to the devs.
Ts879 wrote:For the love of God please update all the Pulverizer's sprites in general. It looks soo underwhelming compared to other weapons, something like a trip minigun unlike chaingun turret mode in DOOM
No. Just use the Sandman from the addon.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Excuse me, but it seems you forgot to replace the pistol spawn in Hexen. Link to image (since too big): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Hello, there PillowBlaster

For some reason When Playing The latest version of Guncaster with BD v21 Monsters the coins [currency] in GC do not drop at all

Can you look into this please ?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

goldenmob72 wrote:Hello, there PillowBlaster

For some reason When Playing The latest version of Guncaster with BD v21 Monsters the coins [currency] in GC do not drop at all

Brutal Doom doesn't work with Guncaster. Money drops require the monsters to be modified.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

goldenmob72 wrote:Hello, there PillowBlaster

you can use the current version of the Guncaster Universal Adapter to correct this problem
The adapter also makes it possible to kick the BD monsters and knock them down, or stun them in other ways such as knocking down fat guys with shots from matriarch or dynamite.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”