The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by erni945 »

And in my opinion Guncaster is the best mod for any time ever, why? because
-Supports three games based on the doom engine by which is a wide selection of campaigns to transition
-It has a lot of different options to kill opponents from weapons to spells by melee, so the game does not get boring and you can play infinity
-It is very playable for me and generally very much in
-Thanks to the history of the main protagonist this mod fits practically all maps

In summary there is no better mod for me, this is the best I have seen and I can not wait for the next update :wink:
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Thanks for the kind words! We're working on the next version of GC to the best of our abilities.

Since pillow already mentioned me rewriting the shop, I figured I might show a thing or two!

We tossed a bunch of ideas around, like finding a usage for the lamps. I also added a bunch of things I thought would be cool. Here, I'm using the tank armour, so the shop recommends me to not buy the other three armours -- They're worse. :p

That being said, you can consider shortcomings of the current shop fixed, including buying way past your limit or gold bugs.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

KeksDose wrote:Thanks for the kind words! We're working on the next version of GC to the best of our abilities.

Since pillow already mentioned me rewriting the shop, I figured I might show a thing or two!

We tossed a bunch of ideas around, like finding a usage for the lamps. I also added a bunch of things I thought would be cool. Here, I'm using the tank armour, so the shop recommends me to not buy the other three armours -- They're worse. :p

That being said, you can consider shortcomings of the current shop fixed, including buying way past your limit or gold bugs.

It looks interesting, I'm looking forward with yet another impatience for the next update :D . Good luck at work :wink:

Question: In addition to the store, you are planning to add some new features and will you be adding 2 missing stratocasters and refreshed Cauterizer sprites?
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

PillowBlaster wrote:
oh sweet, wheel of fortune/ roulette
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ah, shoot. I hope I can navigate around that code... it looks so amazing. :D
ChrisCripple

Post by ChrisCripple »

I have been working on Guncaster - Arena, do I have permission to post it?
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

i'm having an issue of no money spawning, i am using doomrl monsters, SNES jukebox and sunlust along with guncaster 2.8, any reason why?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Yes. Guncaster actually provides new definitions for the vanilla monsters to give them new pain states and money drops. You would have to manually add the money drops to the DoomRL monsters.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Can you guys also make game pause while you are at shop menu? So you can get your stuff done without being hit by the monsters
lwks

Post by lwks »

Is this supposed to be THAT overpower?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

lwks wrote:Is this supposed to be THAT overpower?
Yes. Yes it is. :)
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

It's not and we're not going to have the shop pause anything, because the shop being real time is half the fun.

There's also no pause command. You also cannot write one.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I thought he was talking about the mod in general. Now it makes more sense...

I agree with KeksDose. DOOM does it, but part of what makes Guncaster... well, Guncaster... is the real-time purchasing of items.

It is possible to make an entirely custom menu using ZScript (D4D does this), so that it pauses the game, since it'd be a legit menu. But there is no pause command, like KD said. And making ZScript menus is one of the hardest things one can do.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

i mean you COULD rig something together with a timefreeze powerup giver but yeah it would take away from the core mod and kinda suck.

for the most part, i spend gold at the beginning of maps (or when i REALLY need a medpack) so i like it how it is.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

D4D did that with the TimeFreezer powerup, too. But it came with a major problem... map anatomy remains unaffected by PowerTimeFreezer. The biggest issue was that players could abuse that system so that crushing sectors would crush any actors underneath them... one could lead monsters to a crusher and then keep them there using such a system, and the monsters would be powerless to stop them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”