The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
YahDude99
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.6

Post by YahDude99 »

That was it! I was just left-clicking didn't know I needed to hit secondary fire. Thanks guys!

Lastly, is there any way I can play this with freemouse off? I prefer the more traditional doom where you can't look up and down, but even if I turn recoil off, spells still make my screen pitch up or down.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

YahDude99 wrote:That was it! I was just left-clicking didn't know I needed to hit secondary fire. Thanks guys!

Lastly, is there any way I can play this with freemouse off? I prefer the more traditional doom where you can't look up and down, but even if I turn recoil off, spells still make my screen pitch up or down.
I believe Lookspring recenters your view when you move, try that. It's in the mouse options.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hey, i just found out that you can milk out infinite numbers of gold by killing the lost souls spawned from pain elemental! Is this intentional?
PillowBlaster

Re: The Guncaster - 3.666

Post by PillowBlaster »

It's that time of the year again I update the things for birthday! No new content, just bugfixes and tweaks. Special thanks to the other members of the crew for tagging along - KeksDose, Dinosaur_Nerd and Zhs2 (maybe not for this update but we're still at it!). Here's hoping for another good year.

core file.
addon.
Spoiler: changelog
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

I love this mod, but noticed something odd as of late. Enemies no longer seem to drop any money items (gold/gems/etc) and never become gold statues when using the Philosopher's Tome + punching/kicking. I am currently using Colourful Hell for more monster variants, and playing on the Scythe (the first one) megawad. Is Colourful Hell not compatible with Guncaster? (thought it worked with it in the past, but perhaps I am misremembering >_<)
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

CH isn't compatible. You need the adapter.
Rampancy and this monster pack work out of the box without needing the adapter.
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Thanks for the info! BY chance I found that 'Universal Adapter' mod and it works beautifully! However, I recently encountered another strange situation. Near the end of the last level of the Scythe map pack, the shopkeeper "Sabbatha" doesn't appear anymore. Her portrait button has an X on it, and a message appears "Sabbatha was retired. Reason: Clicked by a possessed mouse cursor". I know the menu was getting a bit choppy due to the *insane* amount of enemies/explosions occuring during that map (I legitimately thought gzdoom would crash at any second, it was so chaotic XD). Did something get broken or did I mess something up during the chaos?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

After seeing the description how Sabbatha decided to retire... I think that's some kind of easter egg to pull your leg. Or some kind of easter egg-esq effect to numb the error. Have you tried to load your game multiple times if see she's doing fine and whatnot?

Either way, i never seen her does like that in the game.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

HMHM! It's an absolutely intentional thing I added in an earlier update. If Sabbatha's revolting fetish dialogue disgusts you as much as it disgusts me, you may click her (and only her) to kick her out of the shop. She'll go oof and explode off screen, retiring for the rest of the game. I keep my shop clean and family friendly.
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

AH ok. XD I must've clicked her by accident while trying to buy more of those Gunzerk items (all while my PC was struggling under the load of explosions & about 700 enemies if that in-game counter is to be believed >_<). So once I did that, is there any way to bring her back besides loading from an earlier save?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

spectrefps wrote:AH ok. XD I must've clicked her by accident while trying to buy more of those Gunzerk items (all while my PC was struggling under the load of explosions & about 700 enemies if that in-game counter is to be believed >_<). So once I did that, is there any way to bring her back besides loading from an earlier save?
Nope; you have to quit GZDoom and relaunch.
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Ok, good to know! Thanks! (and Guncaster + Colorful Hell is absolute bonkers on these monster-infested map packs, but in a good way XD)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh, well that's some detailed thing to give Sabbatha a break. But i found it rather inconvenient because she would never come back until you restart your game and whatnot. People could click on her by accident... Or for some purpose. And with a single click, the Furaffinitistic jumpscare is made.

And speaking of Sabbatha, after she got clicked and disappear into a thick musky smoke, the rune effect is still there.
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Oh, the effect doesn't spawn for me at all outside Heretic, so I never noticed. Weird, but fixed.

And no, I don't think I'll change anything about this behaviour, cuz it took 3 months for one singular "accident" and I honestly hate that shopkeeper's guts.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Too much for gzdoom-friendly goddess, eh? But i understand. I found such minor but detailed features are like rocketscience.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”