The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by Nash »

Well C# has image.width and image.height

Here's a C# program carlcyber wrote for me to automatically generate TEXTURES definitions from every PNG inside the directory it was ran in: https://github.com/nashmuhandes/Image2Textures

It does what I want it to do, but I'm sure it can be tweaked to do whatever Pillowblaster was trying to do here.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

Loving this Mod, been playing it the last few days, apart from that 0 gold bug mentioned before with later versions of GZDoom when saving and loading, but I've been wondering if I could change how big something can expand before exploding with Gumpop spell? for fun. :3
Last edited by Accensus on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to have pink text. White would suffice.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Rtma wrote:Loving this Mod, been playing it the last few days, apart from that 0 gold bug mentioned before with later versions of GZDoom when saving and loading, but I've been wondering if I could change how big something can expand before exploding with Gumpop spell? for fun. :3

I also love this mod but you have to know (although you probably know that) with this gold will happen because this version is not compatible with the new version of GZDoom and to work mod as it is most likely you must use the older official version 2.2.0
mutator

Post by mutator »

is there colorfulhell addon compat patch?
Solus

Post by Solus »

mutator wrote:is there colorfulhell addon compat patch?
Does it need one? It seems to me this mod only affects weapons gameplay. I've combined Colourful Hell with other weapon mods and it worked fine.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Guncaster adds drops to the monsters(mainly money), so yeah, you would need a compat patch to play with other monster mods.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Not to mention, all sorts of custom Pain/Death states.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

Also their is a animation bug with those Reiver's in Hexen, making them explode with gumpop, causes their bodies to revert to a pain-state on the last frame.
Last edited by Rtma on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Rtma wrote:I've been meaning to ask, how do you activate the Bishop B.A.D.A.S.S in Hexen once you got all the pieces?
Also their is a animation bug with those floating undead torso entities in Hexen, making them explode with gumpop, causes their bodies to revert to a pain-state on the last frame.
Here you have the solution and the reasons viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37066&start=1335#p921960 and you are using the file that I sent. You are open file Guncaster.pk3, then you are looking for a file with the same name, replacing, saving changes to the folder, and should work.
Attachments
Pieces.txt
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
JasmairoQY

Post by JasmairoQY »

Your mod is so good it made me create an account here JUST to thank you for it.....and to report a bug.

It seems the BADASS Suit is not compatible with the Berserk Pack and the touch of gold tome. At first i thought that you didnt want to make it even MORE overpowered by having the strength of the Suit + Berserk + gold touch, but the kick while using the suit DOES add the effects of the 3 sources at the same time so maybe this is a bug? Aside of the effects not applying to the punches you also do no damage, and do mean NO DAMAGE AT ALL. Zero. Nada. Null. You punch someone with the suit and berserk pack or suit + gold touch, or all 3 and dont harm them at all. Its not that the damage remainds the same as a suited up punch, its just that you do 0 damage even to a Zombieman.

As an added bonus, you dont even leave fist prints on the walls when you punch with these affects On while using the suit (kicking does, even with the 2 other effects), you instead leave a black dot on it.

Keep the good work and thank you again.
JasmairoQY

Post by JasmairoQY »

Rtma wrote:Loving this Mod, been playing it the last few days, apart from that 0 gold bug mentioned before with later versions of GZDoom when saving and loading, but I've been wondering if I could change how big something can expand before exploding with Gumpop spell? for fun. :3
Oh, it was some versions of GZDoom that causes it? I had that problem when combining Guncaster with Brutal Doom Lite (v20b). When i played Guncaster without it it ran fine and leave it that way (less frame drops too).
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

JasmairoQY wrote:Your mod is so good it made me create an account here JUST to thank you for it.....and to report a bug.

It seems the BADASS Suit is not compatible with the Berserk Pack and the touch of gold tome. At first i thought that you didnt want to make it even MORE overpowered by having the strength of the Suit + Berserk + gold touch, but the kick while using the suit DOES add the effects of the 3 sources at the same time so maybe this is a bug? Aside of the effects not applying to the punches you also do no damage, and do mean NO DAMAGE AT ALL. Zero. Nada. Null. You punch someone with the suit and berserk pack or suit + gold touch, or all 3 and dont harm them at all. Its not that the damage remainds the same as a suited up punch, its just that you do 0 damage even to a Zombieman.

As an added bonus, you dont even leave fist prints on the walls when you punch with these affects On while using the suit (kicking does, even with the 2 other effects), you instead leave a black dot on it.

Keep the good work and thank you again.
Care to share the gzdoom version you've been using? As I am not experiencing anything like that. Also, the gold bug is something that I'm afraid won't get fixed without rewriting the shop, which will happen... well, dunno. It will happen, that I can guarantee, but it might take some time.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

JasmairoQY wrote:Oh, it was some versions of GZDoom that causes it? I had that problem when combining Guncaster with Brutal Doom Lite (v20b). When i played Guncaster without it it ran fine and leave it that way (less frame drops too).
Yeah, I was using the latest version then a friend of mine said that 2.2 worked so I'm using that now.
JasmairoQY

Post by JasmairoQY »

PillowBlaster wrote: Care to share the gzdoom version you've been using? As I am not experiencing anything like that. Also, the gold bug is something that I'm afraid won't get fixed without rewriting the shop, which will happen... well, dunno. It will happen, that I can guarantee, but it might take some time.
I thought i was using 1.9.1 or 2.1.1 but instead i had the one bundled with Hell on Earth BD Pack ("GZDOOM g2.1.pre-1234-g5a7afad" as the loader calls it). If i try to use either 1.9.1 or 2.1.1 my monitor just dies. I get the "signal out of range" message and even if i ALT TAB out of of GZDOOM it wont fix it, so i have to ALT F4 to close it and THEN the monitor works.

Gold bug gets fixed by rewriting the shop? How does that work? I mean, i am not sure how a punch using the badass suit + berserk and/or Philosopher Tome/GoldTouch and not working gets fixed by something THAT unrelated, unless you misunderstood my complain or you are referencing the OTHER gold bug that comes with mixing Guncaster with Brutal Doom Lite.

Here are more bugs to report:
Hitchcock's Birds + Tome of Power = Birds targetting you, circling around doing nothing but blocking your view. I think they do damage enemies if you get close enough, but your vision is all fucked unless you use 3rd Person View.

When Philosopher's Tome is On, Gold Coins dropped by dead enemies dissapear before being able to be picked up, but when the effect is Off the coins remain there forever until you pick them up. It makes the flying Stomp attack to convert multiple enemies into golden statues and destroy them into a ricky move since you wont be able to collect all the coins. Is it a bug or intended?

Quick Item Usage keys for Gun/Berserk do not work on Heretic based WADs, you have to do it manually. Also, there is no Quick Item Usage key for the Philosopher's Tome in ANY version.

SpiritCannons target you instead of the enemies most of the time. They do a terrible job in trying to kill me since the bullets just go past me but the explosions can hurt you.

The Lightining Spell + Amplifier/Tome of Power doesn't work. You cast it and then no random lightning strikes happen at all, and i even played on Doom and Heretic maps with TONS of water to ensure that the victims are properly wet to lure the lightning yet nothing happened.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

By saying gold bug, I've been referencing to a bug mentioned by another person, I should have not quoted you to ommit confusion. Eitherway, there's your answer - your gzdoom is super old. Switching to 2.4.0, or 3.0.0 official should make most of your bugs disappear. (Just ignore the VM execution/float truncation stuff. That's something I partially dealt with here, but it's not out yet.) As of quick midas - if you really need it, just do in console:

Code: Select all

bind *your button here* "use MidasTome"

Return to “Gameplay Mods”