The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by erni945 »

Cryomundus wrote:
erni945 wrote:
Zhs2 wrote:[wiki]A_QueueCorpse[/wiki] is a native Hexen feature. You can change sv_corpsequeuesize to -1 in your client if you want all corpses to stay, otherwise any other number you set is the limit (default 64).

Ok so because I think it has something to do with the mod and tell me how I can change this value to no longer changed because of its gzdoom-xxxx.ini changing this value to -1 even as the game goes back to 64? I've tried even add this to the gzdoom.exe file as +sv_corpsequeuesize -1 but so back to 64 :?
You just open up the console while ingame and type "sv_corpsequeuesize -1" and it should work. It's not a command line thing.

I did as you wrote and it works, thanks :)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Pillow, I have a question for you, when will the next version? do not get me wrong, I do not drive on you or anything, but I would have liked even upgrade the existing version to the current version gzdoom and remove at least those old bugs that have been reported :?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Pillow, it looks like you've a glitch on your hands. I have absolutely no idea what causes it, but it's coming from the newer builds for GZDoom...

Attached is the issue in question.

Also, the secret message sound is either very quiet, or doesn't play at all, whenever I find a secret...

I'm using GZDoom x64 2.4 pre-381. Released February 9 (today).
Attachments
Those 1s aren't going away anytime soon... :|
Those 1s aren't going away anytime soon... :|
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DoomKrakken wrote:Pillow, it looks like you've a glitch on your hands. I have absolutely no idea what causes it, but it's coming from the newer builds for GZDoom...

Attached is the issue in question.

Also, the secret message sound is either very quiet, or doesn't play at all, whenever I find a secret...

I'm using GZDoom x64 2.4 pre-381. Released February 9 (today).
If it happens while I didn't do any changes recently and it worked fine in previous revisions, you might wanna report this on port's bugtracker instead to me. Moreover, so far I tried it - the player voice isn't working, some gldefs are not working as intended, I get a butt-ton of error messages... yeah, I don't have patience or time to deal with it and report it until I'm done with this update (yes, there is an update coming. I'm busy). After that, time will tell. People might wanna stick with 2.3.2 until I'll think about going for zscript.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alright, sounds good... :)

Now, I'm just wondering... was Scourgebreath inspired by this dude? https://youtu.be/myQ6yV8AH7A?t=3m5s
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

What updates do you have planned? This is perhaps the best powertrip mod ever.
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

I have the most fun with this mod when I play it with Colorful Doom + Legendoom Lite. Sure, I had to use GZDoom 2.2.0, and one version older of Colorful Doom for the most up-to-date compatiablity patch to work, but, its worth it. Its still mostly a powertrip, but, challanging encounters are thrown into the mix, which keeps things from going stale.
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

I had an indescribable amount of fun with this mod, punching and kicking demons to death, vaporising monsters with spells, pumping them full of lead with the awesome weapons, stacking power ups and items, and goddamn son, the space nuke, 3000 cyberdemons don't stand a chance.

Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I see you gave all and turned on Degreelessness instead of truly tripping. Further reference: Tiberium Core, Bishop B.A.D.A.S.S., EXTREMESPHERE, ... Should be natural behavior from there to discover how much fun Prism Laser has become. :)
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Then call me a deviant. I prefer to go to town with four Ironblasts... or Amplified^Berserked^Power^Meteorfist :twisted:
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

How do you get four ironblasts? Two Gunzerks?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Use the Ironblast Stratocaster, pick up another Ironblast, then Gunzerk.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

but that's only 1 + 2
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I did as Zhs2 described. From Ironblast SC you have one IB (the original possessed one). Then, you pick up another to have two IBs simultaneously, and then you Gunzerk to double them - both the held one and the possessed one - equaling thirty two barrels of death :twisted:
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

shotfan wrote:I did as Zhs2 described. From Ironblast SC you have one IB (the original possessed one). Then, you pick up another to have two IBs simultaneously, and then you Gunzerk to double them - both the held one and the possessed one - equaling thirty two barrels of death :twisted:
Do note, however, that this chews through your ammo nearly as fast as it chews through your enemies. Still, being able to drop a Cyberdemon in less than two seconds is always fun. Although, personally, I prefer beating the hell out of them with Berserk + Powersuit... So many ways to obliterate your enemies, and they're all so much fun. :3:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”