The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheJakal13

Re: The Guncaster - 3.0

Post by TheJakal13 »

Hey, I found a bug I wanted to let you guys know about.

I was playing hexen, and got the dragon shout spell. However, when I visited the next hub. When I cycled through the spells, they all displayed the dragon shout icon except for the hammer, for some reason. But when I went into my menu, dragon shout wasn't even available. So I spawned in a tome, and it wouldn't let me pick it up, nor would cycling the menu let me see other spells icons, or let me cycle back to the dragon shout itself.

Odd bug, but I guess it's due to the changing of the map set? I'm not 100% sure.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

This is a known shop bug that affects wads with hubs, like Hexen, and has been fixed for next update. You can still select Dragonshout with the next/previous spell commands.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Necrozis wrote:The new GC 3.0 is fantastic! I already played three map packs with it! But I still haven't figured out how to Dragonshout. Can you please give the little hint what I should concentrate on? Taunts, spells or something else? Anyway, very good work on the update, Pillow! Waiting new stuff!
Dragonshout is a spell that you can only get by finding it in a map, be that from a tome spawn point (where a chainsaw or Gauntlets of the Necromancer would be in the vanilla game), or from an enemy that might drop tomes, like a D'sparil cultist or an Arch-vile. ...Unless they can drop from boss chests, too, and I just haven't seen it happen. Regardless, it's that or use the console.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

If you just wanna play around, you can also use this cheat that unlocks all items in the shop:

Code: Select all

pukename "gc cheat unlock all"
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Ironblast strat bug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYFlLvBjfX4
All the sudden, the left gun stops firing and stays that way for the rest of the level. It did keep talking though. It has something to do with using a gunzerk, letting it wear off, then using another one. I've been able to reproduce the bug this way. It is still chance as it wasn't 100% to bug out. Killing it off and resummoning it fixes it.

Currently testing a saved game with the bug active, trying to figure it out. Not having much luck, pretty much out of ideas. It seems to stop seeking enemies as the gun doesn't even turn to face them. That's all I know.
theviolator

Post by theviolator »

I was lucky enough to find Dragonshout on my first bootup of Guncaster 3.0, only to quit without even trying it because I did not realize what it was. I then tried using summon to give myself the tome, only to find that it is literally the only spell that is not added to your inventory when collected in this manner.

To be specific, I successfully summoned the tome, collected it, and was told that I had acquired the spell - only to find that it was not actually available. I realize that it can be had via the shop cheat posted above, but I just thought this was odd. I don't know if this is relevant, but I was playing on Doom 2 MAP01.
Last edited by theviolator on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

theviolator wrote:I was lucky enough to find Dragonshout on my first bootup of Guncaster 3.0, only to quit without even trying it because I did not realize what it was. I then tried using summon to give myself the tome, only to find that it is literally the only spell that is not added to your inventory when collected in this manner.

To be specific, I successfully summoned the tome, collected it, and was told that I had acquired the spell - only to find that it was not actually available. Is this a bug or some kind of intentional anti cheat measure? I realize that it can be had via the shop cheat posted above, but I just thought this was odd. I don't know if this is relevant, but I was playing on Doom 2 MAP01.
Probably because you were summoning the wrong item. You want the Bringer version of the items. Those are the ones with code attached to them that makes them show up in the shop.
Also works with Give. So, in the case of Dragonshout, you would use this example:

give DragonshoutBringer

EDIT:
I'd like to add that the bug Rowsol is experiencing extends to Wyverns as well. I've seen it happen even without gunzerking or, in the Wyvern Idol's case, using 2 wyverns.
I seem to be able to trigger it using the Meteor Fist spell. Seems like fast movement might be the culprit.
In the case of Ironblast, while the voxel always stays in the correct spot, the actual position of the gun is where you see the little dark aura emanating from, sometimes it gets misplaced or "left behind" and that makes it seem it stopped working. I think this bug with the "followers" (Wyverns and Ironblast Strat) getting left behind was present in Guncaster 2.8 as well, but don't quote me on that, I don't really recall.
Last edited by Fureyon on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
theviolator

Post by theviolator »

Fureyon wrote:
theviolator wrote:I was lucky enough to find Dragonshout on my first bootup of Guncaster 3.0, only to quit without even trying it because I did not realize what it was. I then tried using summon to give myself the tome, only to find that it is literally the only spell that is not added to your inventory when collected in this manner.

To be specific, I successfully summoned the tome, collected it, and was told that I had acquired the spell - only to find that it was not actually available. Is this a bug or some kind of intentional anti cheat measure? I realize that it can be had via the shop cheat posted above, but I just thought this was odd. I don't know if this is relevant, but I was playing on Doom 2 MAP01.
Probably because you were summoning the wrong item. You want the Bringer version of the items. Those are the ones with code attached to them that makes them show up in the shop.
Also works with Give. So, in the case of Dragonshout, you would use this example:

give DragonshoutBringer
Good grief, and I already went through this when I figured out how to summon the powersuit two years ago. Thanks for reminding me. :oops:
erni945

Post by erni945 »

KeksDose wrote:If you just wanna play around, you can also use this cheat that unlocks all items in the shop:

pukename "gc cheat unlock all"
Thanks to the fact that you sent this cheat, it is very helpful in the case of hexen :) . Do you still have cheat for individual items?
ArkVogel

Post by ArkVogel »

Hey Pillowblaster, Kudos!

Just finished Strife with the good ending... Awww.
The Augur parts seem unobtainable from the Rat King though.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:For those of you who want tougher, more dynamic monsters in your glorious Guncaster world, give me another couple of weeks and I might just be able to deliver something that will hopefully grant your wish ;)
In case anyone else was interested: IdiotBitz has posted a fix for Champions to work with Guncaster in that thread; as Mikk is busy at the moment.

Cyanide has also said he's started work on a Guncaster patch for Shades of Doom as well, which is fabulous news for me!
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

That's great news all around! I'd love me some more monster variety.
I could always tone down the Cygnis' OPness, but once you figure out how to beat something it just becomes a juggling act that is all too familiar.
So more monsters = great!
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

I just realized something, the power armor seems focused on firepower and brute force melee enhancement, the Draugh suit seems heavily tilted to magic use, if that sword and the Deadmaker armor ever got dragged in, maybe have them work together a bit.

Deadmaker armor lets you channel spells into its gauntlets or the sword for magic enhanced melee with effects depending on the spell?
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

This is a super minor nitpick, but is there a particular reason the blood effects included with the mod don't seem to respect abnormal monster blood colors? (I.E, green blood for barons, blue for cacodemons) It's a small thing so it doesn't matter, I'm just wondering if editing it for that to be possible wouldn't be a herculean effort. Heck, I could try it myself if the blood effects themselves use just DECORATE code, but somehow I doubt it'd be that simple.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Lost Soul, Archvile, and the hitscanners are missing their GLdefs.

I just thought of something. Is it possible to have the ironblast spirit only shoot a target with >= a set health? I oftentimes wish it wouldn't shoot a zombieman or a guy I'm a millisecond from killing with my pulverizer. Just a thought.

Flamewave has issues casting near walls. I feel like the spells that don't look like they are visibly coming from your hand could be set to spawn in the center of the screen to fix this. Flamewave, spirit cannon, and thunderstruck. Also, I moved the rest of the spells closer to the center (-12 > -6) and they look like they're coming from your hand still, and have less wall conflicts as a result.
Last edited by Rowsol on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”