The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by Zhs2 »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:A bit unrelated to this topic, but any chance this will be included in the official Guncaster by default? - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=63660
Yes, but not exactly in that form. Universal monster support has been an internal idea for a while now, mostly on paper because I'm the only one who knows enough about ZScript to develop it robustly and there have been a couple brick walls to bash through regarding the potential for others to create add-ons for it - datasets anyone can supply in mod form to define custom resistances and drop lists for any monster (where they feel automatically generated properties or gold amounts aren't good enough). Still, Dino Nerd gave me a fresh kick in the ass when he showed it to me a few days back. Enjoy the unofficial adapter for now! It depends on some functionality that will most likely be removed if or when the real thing happens.
Dutchygamer wrote:Something I've been wondering about for a while now: is it a bug or a feature that when you have the powersuit equipped, that thrown TNT instantly detonates on hitting anything (incl walls and floors)?
Dynamite always explodes on contact with surfaces after being held long enough, and always explodes on actors regardless. The powersuit makes all dynamite throws much stronger, but releasing it almost immediately still shouldn't see it explode automatically.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Zhs2 wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:Something I've been wondering about for a while now: is it a bug or a feature that when you have the powersuit equipped, that thrown TNT instantly detonates on hitting anything (incl walls and floors)?
Dynamite always explodes on contact with surfaces after being held long enough, and always explodes on actors regardless. The powersuit makes all dynamite throws much stronger, but releasing it almost immediately still shouldn't see it explode automatically.
Strange. I mainly use TNT via the quick-toss option, after which the bundle has various seconds (~5 or something) before it explodes, unless it hit a monster in the mean time. You can easily kick it around during that time, or escape the blast zone. With the powersuit, even with quick-toss it detonates when hitting anything. As you mention, it does get thrown a whole lot faster then, but I never assumed this made any difference. Then again, when throwing TNT manually I almost never hold down the fire button until the fuse has almost run out, so maybe that is what I'm missing.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

If Guncaster ever does reloading in the distant future this would be an amazing "Super Secret" reload animation for the Longhorn...

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ahh... Good ol' Classic. And for the Next Trick, he really should grab some critters around like Cats or Pigs and use them as WMD.

And naaah not like that infamous Postal 2's. I mean like This;
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Pillow aint gonna like us when he sees this J... i have a feeling of it
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

TiberiumSoul wrote:If Guncaster ever does reloading in the distant future this would be an amazing "Super Secret" reload animation for the Longhorn...

...What did I just see...?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Assassin of Purity wrote:...What did I just see...?
A Hyper animation... you should watch them all ... he was the senior animator for Titanfall 2 BTW.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

TiberiumSoul wrote:
A Hyper animation... you should watch them all ... he was the senior animator for Titanfall 2 BTW.
Wait, he works at Respawn?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Assassin of Purity wrote:
TiberiumSoul wrote:
Wait, he works at Respawn?
Yes.
Tetsuryu

Post by Tetsuryu »

I tried to take the "bad" route in Strife but for some reason I can't open the door to the alien ship after killing the loremaster. Is this a bug or did I miss something?
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

What does the Cirno doll do? Can't seem to pick it up or shoot it.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

The Cirno doll teaches you Chillgrasp 2, Frostbite 2 and how to defeat the Secret God Matara.

Seriously though, there's no such thing in Guncaster. Did you play anything else with it?

@Tetsuryu: You need all 5 Sigil pieces to enter the ship. In the bad route, I think you have to kill the Oracle after the Loremaster. If it still doesn't work, that's a bug.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Can you actually use the Sigil as Cyg, or does he get to use the Old Dreadful instead?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Gourry wrote:What does the Cirno doll do? Can't seem to pick it up or shoot it.
It's a decorative thing from Colorful Hell. It doesn't do anything but look nice.
Dhise

Post by Dhise »

Can I just say I created this account just to post how awesome your mod is. The amount of work and detail that has gone into this mod. I don't know, if this was a standalone game on steam and I had purchased it, I would absolutely feel it was worth it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”