The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.1

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

I think I actually might have had an aneurysm after reading this pun...

Code: Select all

class TreasureChest : actor
{
	{
		Obituary "%o got a bad case of chest pain."; //I have no ragrets.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

A few things.

Firebreath's height of 16 can make it uncastable with a shallow ceiling. 12 fixed it.
Apocalypse tanks your framerate if you cast it up close to an enemy. It's by far the most demanding spell in this regard.
Spiritcannon has issues with shooting at guys it can't actually hit due to the large hitbox of it's rockets. I get that it's the same size as the Matriarch but it's not as smart as the player. Given it's accuracy maybe you could reduce its radius?

Thanks for reading.

Here's a previous post I made that might have been overlooked since it was the last post on the page, just incase.
Spoiler:
GuntherDW

Post by GuntherDW »

Hmm, I believe it's either an oversight or a bug (might also be intended?), but the asbestos suit movement is off.

When you don't have it equipped your movement feels rather... floaty. When releasing the movement buttons you "float" at least a couple meters still.
When you equip the asbestos suit however you almost immediately stop when you release the movement buttons.

This doesn't change when you equip the draugh suit as well as the asbestos suit.

The powersuit doesn't allow you to equip the asbestos suit over it (then again it's kinda redundant :P) so I couldn't test that.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

GuntherDW wrote:Hmm, I believe it's either an oversight or a bug (might also be intended?), but the asbestos suit movement is off.

When you don't have it equipped your movement feels rather... floaty. When releasing the movement buttons you "float" at least a couple meters still.
When you equip the asbestos suit however you almost immediately stop when you release the movement buttons.

This doesn't change when you equip the draugh suit as well as the asbestos suit.

The powersuit doesn't allow you to equip the asbestos suit over it (then again it's kinda redundant :P) so I couldn't test that.
This is an intentional new "Nail Boots" feature to the asbestosuit, allowing extremely precise movement control while not flying. This benefit scales proportionally to the player's reflexes. If you do not like this effect it can be disabled in the "Here be Dragons" menu.
Powersuit is supposed to provide all the same benefits of the asbestosuit and more, so there is no need to equip the asbestosuit with powersuit.
GuntherDW

Post by GuntherDW »

I know it's supposed to supersede the environment suit, hence the "then again it's kinda redundant" part.
But yeah, that menu is so big I kinda just completely missed it.

EDIT: Heh, I did get it to "crash" though just now.

When in riftwalker mode and with voidtouch etc enabled, if you "reflect" boss cubes the game freaks out after a couple seconds and boots you out of the game with this message.
https://i.imgur.com/MOMnzEn.png
GuntherDW

Post by GuntherDW »

Looks like this has been fixed in git already by now. Looks like Graf is reading this topic as well.
https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/com ... b90d1053f7
phantombeta
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

GuntherDW wrote:Looks like Graf is reading this topic as well.
Not really. Zhs2 reported the bug.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Discovered a repeatable crash. While using gunzerk, if you are holding right click as the strucker runs out of ammo and attempts a weapon change the game will freeze. Left click works fine. Tested with gzdoom 3.4.1 and GC 3.1.
Boliverio87

Post by Boliverio87 »

Hey everybody, first time posting in this lovely forums...

I'm finding an issue while trying to play Guncaster 3.1, I'm using GzDoom 3.4.1 X64, with a shortcut and this command line: "-iwad DOOM2.WAD -file Guncaster.pk3"...
Game will load Main Menu and let me fiddle with options, but when I hit New Game and after selecting Difficulty Settings, game will crash leaving me with whatever map music I'm loading, few moments later crashing to desktop.

I'm sure it can't be that hard to figure out, but I'm nos being able to find a way around this... I'm getting a similar error with the Russian Overkill 2.5 mod.
I'll add that I'm using other mods without any kind of problems (Brutal Doom, D4T, QC Doom Edition, Trailblazer, Etc... ).

Thank you all in advance!

EDIT: I've actually found that I had to turn off GL Texture Precache and all my problems are now solved!
Last edited by Boliverio87 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Can you add -log logfile.txt to your startup options, and upload the contents of it to a Pastebin?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Rowsol wrote:Discovered a repeatable crash. While using gunzerk, if you are holding right click as the strucker runs out of ammo and attempts a weapon change the game will freeze. Left click works fine. Tested with gzdoom 3.4.1 and GC 3.1.
I should probably note that I looked into it and the stuff mentioned above; Ironblast health check won't happen, as then folks will start reporting it as a bug. I want zombiemen to still be shot at, and I don't want to figure out any complex target prioritizing system on this, as if anyone looked inside possessed Ironblast's code they'll know it's already a bit on the "hard to work with" side. Everything else got more or less addressed.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

if you hold/tap to attack with melee when you die, you continue to attack while dead until you stop
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

PillowBlaster wrote: I should probably note that I looked into it and the stuff mentioned above; Ironblast health check won't happen, as then folks will start reporting it as a bug. I want zombiemen to still be shot at, and I don't want to figure out any complex target prioritizing system on this, as if anyone looked inside possessed Ironblast's code they'll know it's already a bit on the "hard to work with" side. Everything else got more or less addressed.
Thanks for mentioning it. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd use the health check anyway, just thought it was an idea worth mentioning. Sometimes I want the spirit to be more conservative but you're usually overflowing in shells so it's not a big deal if some are wasted.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I am reporting a bug, during the game in Hexen I found ironblast voxels in some places, it does not bother me somehow but I decided to report it after all, what is it caused?

https://imgur.com/a/szbnWoI
GuntherDW

Post by GuntherDW »

There's a sort of funny oversight in Heretic.

In Heretic, if you manage to kill the serpent he's riding on with fire (turning it black) D'sparil himself will also spawn and show up black :P
https://i.imgur.com/YWnzt8x.png
I cheated to make that screenshot because I wasn't sure if it was the WAD I was playing that was causing it or the mod. Now I'm sure it's the mod.

EDIT: I've been able to trigger what I believe is a memory leak as well but don't know the certainties of it yet.
It's got something to do with the frostbite spell at least. That's one of the few things, alongside Heretic, that triggered it so far.
The game just freezes and chugs up more and more ram. Up until the OOM-Killer actually kills it even.

Hmm, might be the engine itself, got it to freeze and eat up ram with just being paused on the main menu in the background for an hour. Let me try a clean build.

In Hexen (more specifically Hexen Deathkings of the dark Citadel) I also managed to get the "I smell gold" arrow stuck in the world. (There's a portal trigger behind that wall, so that might've triggered it in the first place)
The automap rendition of it also looks rather... off. It renders as a pile of gibs in heretic for example.
https://i.imgur.com/t472Q9U.png

Another bug in heretic is when you defeat the iron liches in the last level of the first episode by throwing the heretic version of the barrels at them.
Because they don't trigger what I believe is the death animation the platform doesn't lower, rendering the level incompletable.
https://i.imgur.com/TaYpx4j.png
Last edited by GuntherDW on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”