The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PrincessColumbia

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5a

Post by PrincessColumbia »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Try deleting your .ini file, I suspect the damage adjustment sliders somehow got their numbers set to zero. I think every game has their own set of saved CVARS, that would explain things working correctly in heretic and hexen but not doom.

Be aware: deleting your .ini file will require you to rebind keys
I'd suggest just adjusting those aforementioned sliders while launching it in doom first. Other than keys, you also have to essentially reconfigure everything else, so I wouldn't recommend doing that that unless as a last resort. They are under "here be dragons" -> gameplay options, first two things you see on top of that panel.

If that won't work for some reason - set GC_PlayerAttackMult and GC_PlayerDefenseMult in console to 1.
That was the problem, thanks! No idea why those sliders were set to 0, I certainly didn't do that.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 25: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShop as type.
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 25: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShop as type.
GC_WeaponShop.pk3:zscript.txt, line 24: Unable to resolve all fields for class Gc_WeaponShop

Hmm... Either I made a mistake on load order or something is wrong. Do I run the 7zs like Pks or?

Here is the load order I used for these errors to pop up (GZdoom version 4.2.4):

Guncaster.7z,
Weaponshop.Pk,
GCaddon.7z,
GC_Sab_Altvoice.pk,
mapsofchaos-ok.wad (this is just overkill version of maps of chaos for both Doom 2 and 1. Although I tried to run it on Doom 2 because I prefer those maps more)
and LTGfollower.Pk.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Unpack those 7z files; they are not pk7.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

PillowBlaster wrote:Unpack those 7z files; they are not pk7.
Well... I hoped that was the end of the problems but... I am sorry... This wasn't... Not sure why... Still thinking about my load order being the problem. Just a heads up... This is going to be a lot. What I see is that... PROBABLY the addon is conflicting with the weaponshop here?

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 23: '@property@StratBringer.SpriteFrame' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 24: '@property@StratBringer.Particle' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 34: '@property@StratItem.SpriteFrame' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 35: '@property@StratItem.Particle' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningweapon.txt, line 26: '@property@GuncasterWeapon.twoHandedWeapon' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 23: '@property@StratBringer.SpriteFrame' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 24: '@property@StratBringer.Particle' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 35: '@property@StratItem.SpriteFrame' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 36: '@property@StratItem.Particle' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 80: '@property@GuncasterWeapon.twoHandedWeapon' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/sandman/sandmanweapon.txt, line 24: '@property@GuncasterWeapon.twoHandedWeapon' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/sandman/sandmanstrat.txt, line 23: '@property@StratBringer.SpriteFrame' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/sandman/sandmanstrat.txt, line 24: '@property@StratBringer.Particle' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/sandman/sandmanstrat.txt, line 35: '@property@StratItem.SpriteFrame' is an unknown actor property

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/sandman/sandmanstrat.txt, line 36: '@property@StratItem.Particle' is an unknown actor property

Load order:

Guncaster.pk,
GCweaponshop.pk,
GCAddon.pk,
GC_Sab_Altvoice.pk,
Mapsofchaos-OK.wad,
and LTGfollower.wad.

I don't mean to be a pest but this is what Gzdoom gave me as errors when I tried to run it this way. I was able to run this whole thing WITHOUT the addon. So it has to be either load order or addon conflicting with something.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Did you try putting the weaponshop after the addon? What about just removing the weaponshop from the load order?
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Rowsol wrote:Did you try putting the weaponshop after the addon? What about just removing the weaponshop from the load order?
Same error result. I will try this:

Guncaster,
Weaponshop,
GC_Sab and
GCAddon

Same result and same errors. How about this:

Guncaster,
GCAddon,
Weaponship and
GC_Sab.

Not even that worked. Sorry for making this take so much space but just trying to make this easy as possible to read. I think, I have now tried every possible combination and no luck. To me this is more and more looking like file conflict. What do you think?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

What version of GZDoom are you running?
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

AvzinElkein wrote:What version of GZDoom are you running?
It is probably 4.2.4. It is not the latest one that I can definitely say. I updated the Gzdoom last time 4th of November last year.

I checked the Gzdoom downloads archive and yes, I am running 4.2.4 right now. Should update it when I feel like it.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Bug found in the addon; in Hexen, collecting the Sandman parts in the wrong order prevents you from getting it. Source: I used Kinsie's mod test wad.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

So Trailblazer is next right?
Yelso
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Yelso »

PillowBlaster wrote:Unpack those 7z files; they are not pk7.
Cool, do you have any patches that let strange aeons work with guncaster?

Edit: also, what make packs do you recommend with the mod, I use going down and doomrl monster pack myself. Anything you can recommend?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Dunno if bug, but if you get that powerup that adds 10 to current and future armor, purple scale sigils only go up to 400, instead of the 400+ you get from Tank Armor.
Terashi

Post by Terashi »

I wish there was an add-on that let you sell weapons, ammo, and items to the shopkeeper. Even with loadsofmoney mode on, I never have enough money to buy a variety of things in any of the default game's chapters. Or is this mod meant to be used with megawads?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Inonblast strat spawns casing with toaster mode on. How about instead of toaster mode disabling casings it just make them immediately vanish upon death. This way the pulverizer isn't nerfed and you still get some satisfying bounce sounds.

Terashi, you can always multiply the enemies. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=48872&start=30#p1049904
Not sure why someone would still be playing the original game though. Here's a new megawad that just came out. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... wads/nova3
Terashi

Post by Terashi »

Because I haven't before, mostly. I'm relatively new to Doom. Always known about it, just haven't really messed with it in earnest until now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”