The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.1

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

KeksDose wrote:Augur x-ray shakiness is a known issue we cannot fully accommodate for (yet). It's an issue with lag and certain unexposed view shifts caused by whatever the spécial du jour unexpected camera movement is (for example, quaking). All in all, it's a trade-off we knowingly made until better ways are presented.
I have applied a VERY shi-.... crappy fix.

in the /ZScript/Guncaster.txt on line 364, SeeBerserk begins
It looks like this:
Spoiler:
I have added a new class to the Guncaster file to be an alternative to the BerserkStep:
Spoiler:
Then change the SeeBerserk state to the following:
Spoiler:
All this change does is prevent the spawning of the berserk steps when you have augur strat active and you are zooming, in all other circumstances it should spawn normal berserk steps if you have berserk or extremesphere. When you ARE zooming with the strat active it will spawn a BerserkStep that DOES NOT quake (that class DontShakeABaby).

You'll have to forgive me if this code is ugly in anyone's eyes I'm not actually that experienced. However, even if this is an ugly fix, it does indeed resolve the shaking issue.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

I already loved the Ironblast enough, but now you're just making it hard for me to use other weapons :)

Thanks again for everything devs!
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Found a VERY small graphical glitch with the Strucker and envirosuit. When equipping the envirosuit (with the immersion turned on obviously) there is a single frame when the "Underhand" sprite remains on screen right before the Suit animation is played.

You can see it in this video:
Spoiler:
to repair this I went into /ZScript/Strucker.txt
Line 315:

change

Code: Select all

RightActive2:
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(GetCvar("GC_Gunslinger") || CountInv("PowerGunzerking"),5);
		CYCH E 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("PowerSuitToken"),4);
		CYUH E 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("PowerSuitProtect"),3);
		CYYH E 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("PowerSuitDraugh"),2);
		CYGH E 0;
		"####" "#" 1 A_OverlayOffset(-4,0,0);
		Loop;
to this:

RightActive2:
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(GetCvar("GC_Gunslinger") || CountInv("PowerGunzerking") || !CountInv("StruckerSelected"),5);
		CYCH E 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("PowerSuitToken"),4);
		CYUH E 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("PowerSuitProtect"),3);
		CYYH E 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("PowerSuitDraugh"),2);
		CYGH E 0;
		"####" "#" 1 A_OverlayOffset(-4,0,0);
		Loop;
and the glitch is resolved.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Ran into a pretty nasty bug. If you're holding a barrel and you pick up the powersuit, it'll equip it after you've thrown the barrel but you have no weapons and can't use spells either.

Edit: You can switch to a weapon but not with the next/prev keys, you have to use one of the number keys.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Another issue; corpses that are crushed can no longer be blasted with the Corpseblast spell.

Also, the "turn gore off" option only seems to work with Doom monsters (it didn't seem to affect the Heretic monsters, and I haven't tried the other IWADs yet).
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Beed28 wrote:Also, the "turn gore off" option only seems to work with Doom monsters (it didn't seem to affect the Heretic monsters, and I haven't tried the other IWADs yet).
The imps are indeed missing their ToasterGore switch.

for example

XDeath:
		"####" "#" 0 A_StopSound(5)
		"####" "#" 0 A_SpawnItemEx("HereticImpGibbed",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,SXF_CLIENTSIDE)
		IMPX S 5 A_ImpXDeath1
		IMPX TU 5
		IMPX V 5 A_Gravity
		IMPX W 5 
		Wait
Should be

XDeath:
		"####" "#" 0 A_StopSound(5)
		"####" "#" 0 { If(!GetCvar("GC_ToasterGore")  {A_SpawnItemEx("HereticImpGibbed",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,SXF_CLIENTSIDE);}}
		IMPX S 5 A_ImpXDeath1
		IMPX TU 5
		IMPX V 5 A_Gravity
		IMPX W 5 
		Wait
From looking at the code, the others should be working properly, the mummy is working correctly from my tests. The knights don't seem to have additional gore in any state, when killed by acid they just melt away. Certain other enemies such as Ironlich have no Gore spawning state at all, I guess since they're just metal and bone.

I'll be performing more extensive tests in the future, but I'm sure Pillow will have this long fixed by then. If you're impatient, you can replace the code in your /decorate/heretic/imp.txt with the following
Spoiler:
This code should add the ToasterGore switch functionality to the HereticImp

EDIT: I forgot a parentheses, sorry. The code will work properly now.
Snowsight515

Post by Snowsight515 »

Sooooo glad to be playing this. Can't get enough of your mods! Seriously, I can't think of one I've played that wasn't anything short of tremendously satisying. :D
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Dino, don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but uh, you might wanna slow down; leave the bug fixing to us, as you already did a mistake there. Your strucker fix will produce another, more visible visual bug and remove the hand during deselect and people will complain about that instead. What you wanna do is blank out the not wiped overlays during selection of makeshift weapons. Already fixed that on my side as I didn't account for strucker hand's overlay. Eitherway, I'll get down to all those bugs, keep reporting stuff!
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

I have never had this much fun playing through The Ultimate Doom. The custom end-of-episode text is a pretty neat touch as well!
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

PillowBlaster wrote:Dino, don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but uh, you might wanna slow down; leave the bug fixing to us, as you already did a mistake there. Your strucker fix will produce another, more visible visual bug and remove the hand during deselect and people will complain about that instead. What you wanna do is blank out the not wiped overlays during selection of makeshift weapons. Already fixed that on my side as I didn't account for strucker hand's overlay. Eitherway, I'll get down to all those bugs, keep reporting stuff!
My apologies, I'll stop with the "how to fix" and instead just try to post what I think might be the source, and leave any patching to the experts. I'm still a bit new to all this.

I never meant anything I posted to be taken as official, just as a quick fix for the impatient, but I'll still try to avoid doing that unless I'm 100% certain it is a proper fix.

I'll gladly keep reporting anything I might come across, I'm very happy that you and your team are eager to keep this mod in the highest state of quality.

EDIT: I also think I found what you were talking about
Spoiler:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Yeah, that's the one. No need to get worked over with things, though. Tis just a silly mod for a two-decades old game. And glad the rest'o'folk finds it good. :P
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Well, somehow I just died to my own strat dynamite. I ran into the fire and died rather abruptly.
Last edited by Rowsol on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Something might've "reflected" it at you. I've had this happen when playing with Champions, except in my case it reflected my entire dynamite, so it was even worse...
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Setting dynamite to shootable removed the one safeguard of its target pointer being changed to the actor that killed it, which is a normal Doom quirk. It's the reason Corpseblast used to spawn vengeance that ate players (the target pointer of a corpse is now set to the user of the Corpseblast spell) and Skypunch would not Midas/Berserk punch enemies if another enemy hit it mid-Skypunch (now the Skypunch watcher uses its own target pointer, not the monster's). Either way, adding +NOTARGETSWITCH to the Dynamite projectile seems to have fixed this behavior.
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Still can't snipe while berserk! Here's how I fixed it!
Don't worry, Keks is just being silly. I can assure you that this was fixed before the 3.1 update (I was quite insistent), but if Cygnis is an angry dragon that spirits gold away to his pocket, Dropbox is a sneaky dragon that spirits files attempting to be merged into the project away to its cave in the ether. Supermag Johnson's idle autoloader (the first version, anyway) was almost hoarded by the same dragon, but that got noticed in a pre-update multiplayer test. Nobody snipes while berserk, so it got eated this time~ Maybe next update it will be official.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

zhs2 wrote:Don't worry, Keks is just being silly.
That may be, but you still cannot fix the bug itself. You can only remove some quakes. Again, we knew this months ago.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”