The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: The Guncaster - 3.0 coming June 25th

Post by wildweasel »

I'd be more content with waiting for the actual release date, to be honest. :?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Same.

Besides, I'm working on a big project, and I'd want my alpha to be released sometime soon. If Guncaster is released too soon, then I'd probably fall behind, lest my alpha is released before then... :P
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

I'm of the same mind. Let Pillow get it to how HE wants it to be before he releases it. Not when we want it. We've all seen what happens to not just mods but games when rushed. Let's not have such a good mod fall to that. Give Pillowblaster the time he needs to get it to the state HE wants.
Virgingetorix

Post by Virgingetorix »

Where do I go to report glitches and such?
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

you can report that kind of thing here
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Yes, here. Do note that if it's about the practically ancient version 2.8a in the OP it may already be known/fixed but it doesn't hurt to tell us so we keep on our toes :)
john190

Post by john190 »

Dawn of the 20th day.
480 hours remain
hardcore_gamer

Post by hardcore_gamer »

Just discovered this mod and am playing Heretic with it. My thoughts so far is that it's fun but that the guns feel very overpowered. Like I am playing on Heretic's version of UV and yet I am just utterly obliterating the monsters.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

hardcore_gamer wrote:Just discovered this mod and am playing Heretic with it. My thoughts so far is that it's fun but that the guns feel very overpowered. Like I am playing on Heretic's version of UV and yet I am just utterly obliterating the monsters.
Pretty much every PillowBlaster MOD is like that. :lol:

You should probably try the spin-off MOD, it's the polar opposite in terms of difficulty.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60781
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Whenver I walk around with the ironblast upgrade I feel Cygnis should talk to it from time to time :D maybe if you taunt at the right moment he says something back to the possesed spirit also dunno wether its just me or certain maps but whenever I use the prism laser my pc goes full potato :(
Regios

Post by Regios »

Barring unexpected delays, in five days the dragon will fly again...

I am dying from the excitement. Between this and Golden Souls 2, the next week is going to be explosive.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Regios wrote:Barring unexpected delays, in five days the dragon will fly again...

I am dying from the excitement. Between this and Golden Souls 2, the next week is going to be explosive.
good news is waiting is almost over tomorrow new update is being released
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

I can't wait for tomorrow
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

And now... The end is near...

And so I face, the Guncaster curtain.

In other words, can't wait for the release!
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Oh wow, a day after and we get update that we been waitin for years. Haven't posted here for year or so myself as got extremely busy, forgot to reply to some users who left me questions, but that might come some time later.

I just hope the major bugs and issues will be fixed.

What bothers me the most is:

1) Elemental DoT effects do not apply to enemies as much as before, or almost never, especially on dragon difficulty. Igniting enemy or force them in lightning stun mode happens extremely rarely or even almost never compared to previous version of mod. These additional lightning stun shock mode and afterburn mode with extra AoE is what gave a great depth to the mod, losing it kinda killed my interest in 2.8a and made me play the version before it. I'm not sure if it's bug or not, but I hope it will be fixed and we could ignite and shock enemies as much as you want.

2) Skypunch and Chillgrasp do NOT stun\confuse enemies when affected to a point they are unable to attack, just like they used to in all previous versions from 2.8a. I know this issue happened in previous versions, but exclusively rare. I don't know what cause this, but this happens on all gzdoom versions that I tried, which kinda destroys the main joy and usefulness of these interesting spells. Hope it get fixed. Also, I really hope we could be able to freeze propane tanks and barrels once again, that was a really fun thing to work with, no idea why such fun feature got cut. I know it's irrelevant to bug\issue, but still...

The rest of issues are listed by the rest of users, so the major thing I'm looking for is the bug fixes. Well, maybe new spells too. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”