[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (New Age of Punch!, Pg 33)

Post by DoomKrakken »

IMPLEMENT IT PLEASE.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Marty Kirra wrote:Image
Hey look! It's the DGSS Assault Rifle! You can use it to shoot enemies with bullets. Pretty exciting! Might not make it in, I'm still toying around with it while I deal with my crippling depression plan out some of the other things coming in this update!
Slax wrote:May wanna get her to put more OOMPH in the grunty lines. Sounds a bit underwhelming.
We're gonna be re-recording those lines, actually! Mostly because we didn't get the super hard REEEAGGH melee sounds done. So that'll be done...uh, whenever it's done, I guess! Which your guess is as good as mine as to when that'll happen.

Anyways hope you guys who normally post in this thread are doing okay! What did you do this weekend? Eat any donuts? Let me know!
MJ79 wrote:The DGSS looks like an H&K G36 to me. Still, that looks radical!
Pretty much this (maybe G36C?) - if it makes it in, I assume it'll deal more damage than the other full-autos in the mod, but fire less quickly (with the AB50 and Makoto Arms 919 firing 1000+RPM, the DGSS fits more comfortably in the Chaingun-Assault Gun range, or 525-700 RPM).

You got the DGSS in a handless size?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

You should still keep the original voice acting you guys did. Most definitely, record the new ones, but keep the original files you recorded. Include the old files in the mod, but don't utilize them just yet...

I feel there's still a good use for those files... :D
kandayu

Post by kandayu »

The update to the mod looks amazing cant wait to be able to play it.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Post by Cardboard Marty »

FIRST, the REPLIES.
Captain J wrote:Freakin' hell indeed it's exciting to see! Anyway the angle doesn't match with the crosshair, but it looks great in many way!
Fixed! I think? These things are always hard for me to tell. Trust me, if Space Pirate 2 is ever a thing, I'm definitely going for a more uniform art style for all the weapons.
DoomKrakken wrote:IMPLEMENT IT PLEASE.
OKAY FINE GEEZE.
TheRailgunner wrote:Pretty much this (maybe G36C?) - if it makes it in, I assume it'll deal more damage than the other full-autos in the mod, but fire less quickly (with the AB50 and Makoto Arms 919 firing 1000+RPM, the DGSS fits more comfortably in the Chaingun-Assault Gun range, or 525-700 RPM).[/size]
Right now the current balance is that it fires a little bit faster than the AB-50, but the recoil is a lot more manageable while doing overall less damage. This might change the more I play around with it, because I was so excited to get it in that I realized currently, uh...there are no assault rifle guys in TSP at the moment. Whoops!
DoomKrakken wrote:You should still keep the original voice acting you guys did. Most definitely, record the new ones, but keep the original files you recorded. Include the old files in the mod, but don't utilize them just yet...

I feel there's still a good use for those files... :D
We actually went back and re-recorded everything, including redos of Smochi Banzai's weapon pick up lines. I was kind of iffy about revisiting anything that Smochi Banzai did, but I really like a lot of those lines! As for the old files, they won't be included in the mod or anything, but I'll have them in the Blue Vertigo Vault™ forever and ever.

SECOND, "WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?"

Okay! So after doing a lot of thinking, I think it's almost that time to unleash the beast upon the internet and put out a new version. I really wanted to have Global Dollars have somewhat of a purpose in this next build, but right now they don't and I think that's okay, because the sooner you play this the sooner I can rest easy knowing that "TSP is kill" jokes will cease for at least another week. Think of GD like a score or something! Yeah! Also, I'm teaming up with good ol' Ryan Cordell on something that's going to really define TSP from here on out, but he's currently using his season pass at our good friend Yholl's exciting theme park, known as DoomRL Arsenal. He's on a pretty crazy ride right now, and now that I think about it he's been on that ride for about a month, so someone should probably check on him.
mutator (ha see you thought I forgot about you, but I didn't) wrote:I see you earn money in this mod... what is it for? :P
That will be answered in due time! Like...next major update? Who knows!

Here's a bit of a shortlist of what you can expect in the next update. This doesn't go over every single thing, because uh...it just doesn't, I guess. I could easily write down everything but that's really my prerogative and I don't appreciate y-
MK2 V0.1: Hello Mel!
  • New Weapons: Shiva COMBOT Gauntlets, DGSS Assault Rifle, Prox-mine Flamethrower thing that I haven't made yet but will probably be in, the Wave Overload Generator, and oh hey look it's a donut! Wonder how that got on my weapons list...?
  • New Enemies: Smallfry enemy guy, the Pistolero, and Soul Elementals join the fray!
  • GLOBAL DOLLARS: What do they do? Well if you read the above, nothing yet. But hey who doesn't want money?
  • New Mel!: Shanaura Vaillancourt also joins the fray as Melody Crosswell!
  • Sprite and animation updates for both the Dahlia Crossbow and the Zeke Shotgun, brought to you by Sgt. Shivers and Pillowblaster/Doomnukem, respectively!
  • Melee System changes: Punch and kicks guys with even more fluidity!
  • Trait and Melee: Now you can use your Mag moves while using any weapon outside of the Shiva Gauntlets! The melee button still exists, and for weapons you can now do weapon melee combos. These are pretty easy peasy, but hey, whatever!
  • Redesigned menus and HUD: Oh yeah, a lot of this stuff has actually been in since like 2014, but it hasn't been in an official build! Welp!
  • DEMON BUSTERS!: A whole new game mode with it's own enemy set! This will probably be getting a video or something soonish, if I had to guess. Classic arcade action!
There's probably a lot more, but that's just off the top of my head. Anyways this was a huge post, whoops! Have a great day d00ds!
Last edited by Cardboard Marty on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Awesomeness! So hyped!

What I meant for the voice acting was keeping whatever lines you previously recorded with Shanaura. You know, the lines we said that needed more oomph. I'm thinking that those lines would still be useful as part of a taunt button feature, along with many of the other sounds you did.

For example, in the last video you posted here, the time where Mel picked up the Shiva Gauntlets and said "Punch first, ask questions while punching..." that line could have used a little more oomph... but it still sounds perfect as one of many taunts Mel could say, so you shouldn't get rid of it altogether.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Marty Kirra wrote:
Captain J wrote:Freakin' hell indeed it's exciting to see! Anyway the angle doesn't match with the crosshair, but it looks great in many way!
Fixed! I think? These things are always hard for me to tell. Trust me, if Space Pirate 2 is ever a thing, I'm definitely going for a more uniform art style for all the weapons.
Yes, it's relevant to me as well. I just can't get the angle right sometimes. But at least this sheet is helpful to understand angling!

Listen to Mr. Torrid's words. You'll master the world of perspective angles. Also i'll look forward to the new weapons too.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Zandronum download links (both) are broken;
The melee attack voice is female but jumping voice is male what is eeeerm incorrect :)
Need more weapons! But existing weaps are wery well made esp. silent crossbow. Nice idea with electric shells.
I hope to see this released some time;
BTW Do you plan to make any maps?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

A year old bump... Now i never seen this particular event before. You better report broken download links here and wait for author's update.

And about your map question;
Cardboard Marty wrote:It is not, as it's only a gameplay mod, HOWEVER...we'll see how things develop. ;)
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

The Space Pirate is not currently under development. Marty is focusing on other, non-Doom projects.
Cardboard Marty

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in 318 days about TSP! I know the last 7632 hours have been extremely rough, and refreshing this page for the last 45 weeks must've taken a toll on your body! Sorry! Normally, when the last update someone posts in their topic was 10 months ago, you'd be thinking, "man when is marty going to announce the funeral?", "Does Marty ever finish anything?", "Is it me or does Marty put more effort in hyperlinking exclamation marks to pictures of green boxing gloves than finishing his projects?", and "At least Term is making his own space pirate mod."

While these are all very valid points (it took me way longer to link all those boxing gloves than you'd think), I've actually been very busy ignoring you working on a non-Doom project! Plus uh, the hard drive with TSP's latest version is not cooperating, so that kinda sucks! But hey, the reason I'm posting in here instead of letting the topic die some more is for YOU!

Longest story short, I've always been open with sharing the assets I create for peeps to use in whatever. So as of right now, whatever is in TSP that I've made is totally cool to use. That includes code, sounds (excluding voice files), art, whatever! Make sure you give me and the other people who actually finish mods who've worked on these assets proper credit! I don't have a link to any of the previous downloads (I'm typing this from my phone), but if anybody has the latest release available, please feel free to post it! Thanks!

The Space Pirate will come back as soon as I can perfect the ritual to resurrect my hard drive! Hope you guys are doing well! BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!

EDIT: Please at least shoot me a PM if you plan on using anything!
Last edited by Cardboard Marty on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Any details on what this non doom project is?
Cardboard Marty

Sure! I'm working on a fully-voiced motion comic called Brightly Burning Ether! On the Venn diagram of typical Doomer interests and BBE, the only thing in the middle is that there's a lot of punching in it. Oh, and Mel's voice actress is in it too!

Just to make this reply not entirely promotional shenanigans, the asset thing only goes for the MK1 version of TSP, not that anybody has any MK2 stuff! I gotta keep some stuff fresh whenever the time comes.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

Did you drop the magazine-based reload system entirely, or is it hidden in cvars? I really liked what you did with it; it was technically impressive and in my opinion made it more interesting to play.
Cardboard Marty

As of the latest Github build, it's a CVAR option. Originally it was created for the Lone Survivor gamemode/difficulty, so I'm not sure if it really works outside of that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”