[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (New NEW HUD WIP! Pg 30)

Post by xenoxols »

That's the thing in Wildweasel's old mods, right?
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Beware the SOUL ELEMENTALS!, Pg

Post by DoomKrakken »

wildweasel wrote:
Marty Kirra wrote:(hidden thing)
Whoa, that thing's still kicking around? =P
I saw the hidden thing, but what is it? It looks like the blueprint of a pistol...
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

It's from a place of scientific firearm research, I believe.
YukesVonFaust

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Beware the SOUL ELEMENTALS!, Pg

Post by YukesVonFaust »

wildweasel wrote:
Marty Kirra wrote:(hidden thing)
Whoa, that thing's still kicking around? =P
Yes, and it has gotten better.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Wivicer wrote:It's from a place of scientific firearm research, I believe.
Spoiler:
Wivicer

Post by Wivicer »

...Both?
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

@Wivicer
Weasel knows what it is, after all he created it. :P

Now, I know what you're probably thinking...
"Marty! It's been 15 days and you haven't said anything about The Space Pirate! You know, I'm starting to think you SUCK and are just trying to tease me again! I hate you!"

Wow! Kinda hasty, but I understand. Actually, I had a roadmap for the new release to TSP that ran into some...complications. Playing through TSP a lot recently, I realized that it still feels empty. The atmosphere just isn't right. So, as much as I like to show SOMETHING, I don't have anything to show at the moment. In any case, I think TSP is in need of a unique enemy overhaul. I drafted up some designs and I'm gonna hopefully show something off here pretty soon. Initially, I really wanted to do a lot of fancy variants of zombies. But, I realized a bunch of things along the way...
  • I've always wanted to do a full 8 rotations for these guys. After Romero released the actual sprites to base them off of, this would've been a really easy task! However, the female zombies would've been a bit more of a chore. Honestly, it would've all been a chore to do.
  • After things like Megapunch and the Nikana were conceptualized, I really wanted to have unique death animations for them. Unfortunately when working with 29 unique zombie variants, this uh...this also got kind of far-fetched for the one-man team that is Blue Vertigo (i.e. me).
  • Zombie variants are cool and all, but not as memorable as a unique enemy.
So in the end, I decided to sacrifice ludicrous enemy visual variety for a handful of unique dudes that will set TSP apart from other mods.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

Another reason TSP progress has been slow is because I'm also working on a semi-revival of another project close to me. I don't think a forum announcement about it right now is super wise, but it inspired a lot of the initial groundwork for this mod. It's Diaz. I'm working on a new update for Diaz. Whoops, spoiled it. Anyways, it's a huge artistic endeavor that I hope you'll see soon. You'll probably see it sooner than a new version of TSP, honestly. But hey, we'll see how that goes. It could all be for nothing and this post would be 25% a waste of your time.

Well that's it for right now, thanks for reading my thread and have a nice day. Hope you do things that make you happy.
Wivicer

Post by Wivicer »

Marty Kirra wrote:@Wivicer
Weasel knows what it is, after all he created it. :P
It does resemble the gunlabs logo though.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Marty Kirra wrote: Initially, I really wanted to do a lot of fancy variants of zombies. But, I realized a bunch of things along the way...
That's nice and cool, can you make them non-zombified versions just for something special project such as Mutiny (Mutiny mod has a lack of female human enemies)?
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

skyrish10 wrote:That's nice and cool, can you make them non-zombified versions just for something special project such as Mutiny (Mutiny mod has a lack of female human enemies)?
No.

Whoa hey! Sorry I haven't posted anything in months. You know, to tell you the truth I've actually been trying to send in my updates via the US postal service but it turns out that the ZDoom forums no longer accept posts by mail. Now, you might say that the ZDoom forums have NEVER accepted posts by mail, but this is news to me. Oh well, food for thought I guess!

It's international "Talk Like A Pirate" day! So to celebrate, I thought I'd reveal Mel's new voice actress! Smochi Banzai unfortunately had to leave the project due to being an actual voice actress for real anime and not silly Doom mods that update once every two years, as well as going to law school full time! But, I thought this was a great opportunity to bring in fresh-faced, new talent! And who better than Shanaura Vaillancourt to pick up the reigns! Check out a preview of her -> HERE <- and welcome Shanaura to the team! Woo!

Along with that, I've been working on some sillier aspects of TSP as I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. But I'd rather show you than blab about it.

Demon Busters! is a brand new gameplay mode for The Space Pirate! For this mode, I've changed the entire enemy roster and the base gameplay! Remember all those times you thought to yourself, "Hey, I really like TSP but I wish the enemies flashed when I hit them and also that I was playing a better mod like Contra or something."? This mode is for you!

The primary weapon of Demon Busters! is the Devil Smasher. It fires purified evil energy at demons and makes them die. When you start off the game, the Devil Smasher only fires green lemons, but you can upgrade it gradually as you progress! Spreadshot lemons, anyone?

Welp, I'm back to work on this and other things. See you later and stay in school kids!
Wivicer

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Talk Like A Pirate Day! Pg 31)

Post by Wivicer »

...A donut gun?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Congrats on finding a new voice actor. On the other hand, imagine running Pirate Doom with this! :mrgreen:
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

lods of emone?
i mean, that cash counter has been there for a while now, but we don't even know what it's for

YEAH! YEAH LEMONS!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Wivicer wrote:...A donut gun?
Now with holy evil frosting.

Anyway, glad it's now back on track. Finally!
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Good to know this is still alive and kicking.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”