[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (New Add-On Weapon! Pg 28)

Postby comet1337 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 pm

GOODNESS ME THAT NEW GUN SURE LOOKS NICE
AS DOES THE NEW LOOK FOR THAT OLD ONE
comet1337

Postby Slax » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:42 am

Thank you, Youtube thumbnail, for making butch mustache Mel a thing.
Slax
Saucy.

Postby Captain J » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am

SHE WANT IT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE, SHE IS A PIRATE!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Cardboard Marty » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Slax wrote:Image
Thank you, Youtube thumbnail, for making butch mustache Mel a thing.

I really need to fix her face. I'M SORRY MEL.

At any rate, I'm working on something super cool with PIllowblaster. A lot of you have had complaints about the Zeke Shotgun's appearance since page 17 of this thread, so I've decided to finally cash in and revamp it! Of course, it has been pretty much Pillowblaster putting countless hours into reworking it while retaining the original flavor of the weapon, so he gets all the thanks and praise. Go on, praise him, I'm waiting.
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Postby comet1337 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:11 pm

i just noticed the main body of the shotgun is that of a UMP45
so the model got lost, are the new sprites being done by hand now?
are the animations going to stay the same?
comet1337

Postby Cardboard Marty » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:23 am

Here is the shotgun now! Woooo.

DoomNukem did the idle frame, Pillowblaster is applying the new look on Zeke's older frames (it looks freaking great!).
The animations will probably be tweaked as I really want to do this thing in TEXTURES. We'll see!
Cardboard Marty

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:45 am

DoomNukem's new shotty looks GORGEOUS!
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby FaggoStorm » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 am

RELEASE THIS THING NOW OR I SHALL CURSE YOU WITH THE MOST DEMONIC AND HORRIBLE SPELL

Just kiding, go slow and steady. :P

The shotgun looks awsome!
FaggoStorm

Postby Slax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:20 am

Dat's one beautiful gun. Probably never gonna get used for other mods. *cough*
Slax
Saucy.

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Postby Cardboard Marty » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:29 am

I think I might've hidden this a bit too well, even though the peeps at /vr/ found it hella fast.

Cardboard Marty

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (RECOVERED023, Pg 29)

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Wow, wasn't expecting a doom mod to have cool hidden stuff like that! Looking forwards to more cool stuff like that in the future!
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:49 am

Holy cow... who (in the story) hid all that stuff in there?

Were these guys siding with demons all this time?

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNN!
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Postby YukesVonFaust » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 am

Marty Kirra wrote:I think I might've hidden this a bit too well, even though the peeps at /vr/ found it hella fast.

That hidden one is really Leading the way to a better future! (in other cases, Hell)
so are we fighting hellspawn again?
YukesVonFaust
Give Me a Shake...

Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby chronoteeth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 am

man, im gonna say sumfin that might end up a bit on the negative side, but, why not just... show more stuff when theres more stuff to show? you yourself had said before that things come up and it gets busy, but at the same time theres all these sort of needlessly overhype style stuff, like fancy cuts of a screen of things, or in a more recent case this whole semi-ARG thing that was posted.

Yeah I know to get folks excited and have them something to look forward to/keep up, but theres such a large amount of stuff that ends up being hype trains for things that dont really seem to come to fruition. why not just post and show stuff when theres time to show stuff in a normal matter? heck idek if its ego sometimes but just looking back at even old mods and the whole 2nd resource dump for weapons it seems like it comes off as wanting an ego stroke vs. a provided product.

look i know ive done some of these things in the past, ive announced mods and ever had them finished or stuff like that, but i wouldnt tease and continue on without some proof. no one's denying your ability to create good stuff, hell you create great stuff! i think it'd just be nice to... see a finished stuff for once too. whats to say this wont end up like the other mods you've announced and then cancelled down the line?

idk, i know its rude and brash but i just, i hate being teased for what could end up being another thing where nothing comes of it, again. thats all.
chronoteeth
abubub

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Beware the SOUL ELEMENTALS!, Pg

Postby Cardboard Marty » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:32 pm

chronoteeth wrote:man, im gonna say sumfin that might end up a bit on the negative side, but, why not just...

Oh boy! Well, I did welcome criticism and suggestions on the first post after all! Let's go!
chronoteeth wrote:...theres such a large amount of stuff that ends up being hype trains for things that dont really seem to come to fruition.

Welcome to the Doom community, and by proxy, real life.
chronoteeth wrote:why not just post and show stuff when theres time to show stuff in a normal matter?

What exactly is a "normal matter"? Screenshots? Chronoteeth, as you may be aware, people are different. I don't do this sort've stuff because it's a job. I do it because it's fun and ultimately my enjoyment of making my own mod comes first before anything else. I create videos and whatever else because I enjoy doing it. I don't post things in a "normal matter" because I find that boring. Is it possible people find videos and sneaky screenshots superfluous and, is that totally valid? Sure! You are entitled to your opinion. Thankfully, anytime something is posted (such as a release), the thread title is updated so you can know something has been released, and exactly WHAT has been released. Not a fan of "ARG" elements or videos? Sweet! These are not integral to your experience, and I am not forcing you by any means to check them out.
chronoteeth wrote:...but i wouldnt tease and continue on without some proof.

Thankfully, about 7 posts above yours, I've posted a screenshot of progress, in a "normal matter". I really don't know what else you want...?
chronoteeth wrote:whats to say this wont end up like the other mods you've announced and then cancelled down the line?

There's nothing. There's absolutely nothing guaranteeing that I won't cancel this tomorrow, there's nothing guaranteeing that a giant tree won't fall over on my apartment and crush me in my sleep, and there's nothing to say that I wake up tomorrow and realize that I actually hate Doom and modding for it and quit forever with a long-winded post in Off-Topic. Does that suck? Yeah, I've been a fan of projects that have fallen on the wayside for one reason or another. It happens. The Space Pirate, due to the nature of my life, will inevitably take a backseat to something more important that could come up at a moment's notice. I've said it before, nobody wants to play this mod more than I do, so if a delay or a period of silence happens, I'm not doing it to spite you.

I'm not linking to my PayPal to donate while I work on TSP, nor do I have a Patreon to pay for my life expenses while I work on the mod. That's the nature of the beast chronoteeth.

MEANWHILE, IN TSP LAND
Introducing the Soul Elementals! These guys are pretty similar to the Pain Elementals, except they are way better color-coordinated. Oh and hey, looks like Sgt. Shivers got his hands on the Dahlia Crossbow to give it a hella sick coat of paint. I wonder who that guy in the middle is...

Of course, family reunions with these guys always get pretty crazy. Soul Elementals no longer spawn Screaming Souls (the super aggressive Rictus edits), but I feel like that spiky dude probably does.

Thankfully Mel has got her hands on the UAC Labs Wave Overload Generator. Powered by the tears of demons, this thing zips through the opposition like butter! HUD elements aren't quite finished as you can see.

Also on a fun side note...
The Space Pirate MK2 is totally compatible with Zandronum 3.0. No errors on start up! Woo! I guess TSP Neo is kinda canceled (even more canceled than it was unofficially). I have no idea if it's balanced and I can't imagine that it is, but it does give us some fun room to play around in!
Cardboard Marty

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods