[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (V.0.1.2d Alpha Released!)

Post by Captain J »

her voice really makes this wad tight, loveit! :wub:

anyway, quick question; is there will be any of different variants of other monsters too? such as pinkies and hell knights? also boss monstes, too. and i hope my suggestions were completed.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Captain J wrote:her voice really makes this wad tight, loveit! :wub:anyway, quick question; is there will be any of different variants of other monsters too? such as pinkies and hell knights? also boss monstes, too. and i hope my suggestions were completed.
Yup! If you want a preview of what we're cooking up (among other things behind the scenes), go to the console and type "summon tspsuperarchvile". I think you'll dig it, enough to shoot it even!

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I forgot to mention something earlier:

Pain Elementals - They never stop spawning Lost Souls. Having 2 or 3 of these behind a group of monsters is a nightmare, by the time you get to them, they will have spawned 10 souls each. That has gotta go, cus this will cause problems in some maps.

Couple questions:

1. Is that Uzi a finalized set-in-stone weapon for Mel's arsenal? I was kind of hoping maybe you could change it to a different sub machinegun? The uzi is really, REALLY overused (probably due to the existing Shadow Warrior sprites), and it would be great to see a different kind. Maybe an MP7 instead?

2. Is Mel weaker than Doomguy? Seems like I take a lot more damage as her compared to Doomguy.
Olroda

Post by Olroda »

The Space Pirate is really impressive, but I must say that it feels a bit "out of place" when playing the IWADs. It really does crave its own (equally impressive) set of maps, I think.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I've done a few tweaks to the AB-50 and MP-40:

*Both weapons are more accurate in single shots or in short bursts
*MP-40's firing speed increased very slightly
*MP-40 magazine size changed to 32 (the RL magazine cap)
*Reloading with an empty magazine in the MP-40 is now faster than reloading with a partially-filled one
*Slight change to the MP-40 deselect animation
*Combination of my revised AB-50 recoiling animation and Marty's new one
*Both weapons have additional firing sounds

Load after TSP v.0.1.2d for best results.

I've got the Sturmgewehr's animations laid out, so I just need to clean up all of the frames and rehand them.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Just gave this a runthrough with UAC Ultra and damn is it fun! The crossbow is very satisfying to use, and there are some really nice little touches, like the individual shell pickups and the numerous alt ammo types for the shotgun. Also loving the combo system! Keep up the good work, MK!
Cardboard Marty

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (V.0.1.2e Alpha Released!)

Valherran wrote:Pain Elementals - They never stop spawning Lost Souls. Having 2 or 3 of these behind a group of monsters is a nightmare, by the time you get to them, they will have spawned 10 souls each. That has gotta go, cus this will cause problems in some maps.
This isn't something that we introduced purposefully, so I'm not sure what's going on. However, we've changed up the Pain Elemental just a bit as you'll see below.
Valherran wrote:1. Is that Uzi a finalized set-in-stone weapon for Mel's arsenal? I was kind of hoping maybe you could change it to a different sub machinegun? The uzi is really, REALLY overused (probably due to the existing Shadow Warrior sprites), and it would be great to see a different kind. Maybe an MP7 instead?
The AB-50 is here to stay, sorry about that. I wasn't sure if you were saying that I was using sprites from Shadow Warrior, but I'm not if that's what you were saying.
Valherran wrote:2. Is Mel weaker than Doomguy? Seems like I take a lot more damage as her compared to Doomguy.
Monsters are more aggressive in general as a result of Scroton's DECORATE black magic.
Olroda wrote:The Space Pirate is really impressive, but I must say that it feels a bit "out of place" when playing the IWADs. It really does crave its own (equally impressive) set of maps, I think.
Thank you! Yeah, I tend to play on ZDoom mapsets for TSP such as Unloved/Unloved 2, or if you're in a vanilla mood, try Hellbound. It goes great with TSP. But maps are coming eventually (once I learn how to map).
I couldn't get to this work properly, but from I did see I liked the changes you made. I'll put something together tonight to give it some more testing, some of these changes might be included in a future version.
scalliano wrote:Just gave this a runthrough with UAC Ultra and damn is it fun! The crossbow is very satisfying to use, and there are some really nice little touches, like the individual shell pickups and the numerous alt ammo types for the shotgun. Also loving the combo system! Keep up the good work, MK!
Thank you! Always glad to hear that coming from you. WHERE IS TOPII SIR? (I jest, I know you're working hard on it)

Oh hey, it's that time again!
Open Alpha Download (G/ZDoom)
Mirror
Version 0.1.2e (G/ZDoom) (Updated 05/06/14)

New Features!
  • + V.0.1.2e: New lost soul spawned by Pain Elementals. Is a heavily modified Rictus. More aggressive, but only has 50 health. Uses Rictus sprites and sounds. Map spawned lost souls are the same colored versions as before.
  • + V.0.1.2e: New version of Archvile. Has a significant chance to enter a super healing state.
  • + V.0.1.2e: Added a CVar TSP_ShellPool. It defaults to true, which produces current normal Zeke Shotgun behavior. If set to false, the various Zeke Shotgun shell types do not share the same ammo pool and instead have max limits of 32/40 for buckshot and 16/24 for all other shell types, for a total shell carry capacity of 72/104.
  • - V.0.1.2e: Mel's Melee -> Pistol combo is now easier to pull off. For reference, the combo (titled "Wasp") is executed like so: P-P-P-K-K -> (switch to Pistol) -> Primary Fire. Must have at least 5 bullets in the pistol's mag in order to use.
  • - V.0.1.2e: Fixed idfa/idkfa/give all cheats, so that if TSP_ShellPool is set to true, the player doesn't end up with 96 of every shell type and instead has a mix of shells which total 96. Functions correctly with both TSP_ShellPool settings.
  • - V.0.1.2e: Archvile and Revenant use corrected sprites (from the minor sprite fixing project.)
  • - V.0.1.2e: Ammobox reload is now cancelable.
I also updated the characters tab in the main post with a new image for Mel (since she has a different design now) and a fancy combo list. We're working on the Zandronum version so updates might be a bit slower on the ZDoom side, but feedback is always welcome! Thanks for playing guys!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but when you are switching the shotgun's shell type, could the text colour be changed to match the shell type selected? I'd help with quick identification of shell type when changing shells.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

zrrion the insect wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but when you are switching the shotgun's shell type, could the text colour be changed to match the shell type selected? I'd help with quick identification of shell type when changing shells.
I would like this as well, gets rough trying to read which shell is selected during a fight.
The AB-50 is here to stay, sorry about that. I wasn't sure if you were saying that I was using sprites from Shadow Warrior, but I'm not if that's what you were saying.
No, I was saying that the over used nature of the weapon was due to the sprites being present for people to use. But either way, darn.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i'd like to see the other changed monters, so keep it up! :D
Olroda

Post by Olroda »

Marty Kirra wrote: Thank you! Yeah, I tend to play on ZDoom mapsets for TSP such as Unloved/Unloved 2, or if you're in a vanilla mood, try Hellbound. It goes great with TSP. But maps are coming eventually (once I learn how to map).
You're welcome, and thanks for the tip!
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Will be kind to make the pistol a little more accurate since is hard to hit enemies at long range.

Maybe center the shock shell a little too, i have notice they end on circle pattern and the center is mostly a miss.

The hellfire maybe do it like some kinf of a single explosive fire rain for better use or for better look since having the gun on the right side and the "bullet" come from the center of the screen and if seems very out of place
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Load after v0.1.2e as desired.

This patch should load properly after the base archive. It includes the changes made in the previous patch, as well as a brand new weapon, the Bargo Automatic Weapon System Model "C", a belt-fed, bullpup assault rifle/light machine gun with a high rate of fire and a burst-fire setting utilizing a idealized intermediate cartridge, the 6.66x48mm round.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I did not make sprites for melee attacks while holding this weapon.

Changes to come:

*Cleaned up, proper animations for the new weapon
*Reload showing the bullpup design of the weapon
*Balance with rest of the arsenal
*Sweet-ass underbarrel automatic grenade launcher altfire
Cardboard Marty

Awesome as always!
zrrion the insect wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but when you are switching the shotgun's shell type, could the text colour be changed to match the shell type selected? I'd help with quick identification of shell type when changing shells.
This has been added and will be in the next update!
Mav3rick wrote:Will be kind to make the pistol a little more accurate since is hard to hit enemies at long range.
Probably not, crossbow has to excel at something!
Mav3rick wrote:Maybe center the shock shell a little too, i have notice they end on circle pattern and the center is mostly a miss.
I haven't had an issue with this but I'll take a look into it.
Mav3rick wrote:The hellfire maybe do it like some kinf of a single explosive fire rain for better use or for better look since having the gun on the right side and the "bullet" come from the center of the screen and if seems very out of place
You can make it fire rain! Just press Special/Melee once the initial shot has been fired! Also, I'll look into the alignment issue.
TheRailgunner wrote:Load after v0.1.2e as desired.
This is amazing! I like the new weapon, pretty interesting choice! It cuts off on widescreen resolutions but I figure you'll fix it eventually (or won't). The new things you did with the AB-50 and the SPOILER are pretty cool as well, they might be canonized pending some more testing. Can I steal those shell casings though? They're neat.

Also, the add-ons section has been added to the main post! Sure, there's only the above right now, but maybe soon there will be more!...maybe? I don't know. Check it out!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”