[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zrrion the insect

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (V.0.1.1 Alpha Released!)

Post by zrrion the insect »

I'm glad someone actually uses the offset generator I made.

The CVAR thing is probably the best idea, as you won't get people having problems with the load order like you would if it was a patch.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Marty Kirra wrote:
Captain J wrote:Pistol has a lot's of it, when i reload quickly after empty the clip, the firing sound suddenly blocked. also pistol shots can gibs zombieman class zombies. well, only once happend, but i don't know why.
Captain K wrote:shotgun still has a vanilla accuracy; always goes width, not length.
Captain L wrote:uzi is sure strong; it has 7 damage, full-auto, lot's of ammo spec and large-sized magazine can kill hellknight without took any damages. nerfing a damage should be works, though.
Captain M wrote:also it's using a empty pistol casing also clip. i hope you can add even more magazines also casings.
Captain N: The Game Master wrote: maybe it was intensional.
ooh you funny man...:laff: also thanks for understood me! i was right then.
Spoiler: also, talking about pistol can gib zombies, it is actually happend again;
only keep spawning the pistol zombie, though. and i'm pretty sure every puff doesn't have a NOEXTREMEDEATH flag.
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

Well, I played this one all day with many MapSets (although unable to move much due to lack of hmm...tools), and one thing that mess up me was the fact that it can not change weapons while another reload, I mean, if the focus of the mod is the melee system, its a good idea can chage to your fists while you reloading, this definally gonna help with pinks. Also, I see to discussion about the ammo pistol and uzi, an idea I had, even if not very realistic, is that when the uzi ammo runs out, it was possible to use clips from the pistol, as I said, is not very realistic, but comon, what the matter if you'r a space pirate and need to slay'n some demons. :3:
FireHusky

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Post by FireHusky »

ArielBoss wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if i could be a tree, and pull off ridiculous, free-hand combos all by myself, i'd be one badass tree.

but i guess being a space pirate is equally as badass.
You mean something like a two foot kick? :D
This just made me want to check it out right this second. :D I love double kicks! I find it so hilarious and deadly. Will definitely check it out
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate ZANDRONUM VERSION Released!

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Today is the day...again? GET READY FOR ZANDRONUM SPACE PIRACY!

The Space Pirate Neo (Version V.0.1.0 Alpha) HAS BEEN UPLOADED!
Mirror
Version 0.1.0 (Zandronum) (Updated 12/30/13)

Thankfully I was able to do this version without the loss of many features! It's practically the same experience, minus the specific weapon bobbing and built-in reload key! Make sure you bind that reload, by the way!

New Features
  • New firing sprites for the Ammobox 50 and the 919m thanks to torridGristle!
  • New sounds for Zeke, the Ammobox50, and the 919m, also thanks to torridGristle!
  • New sound code for the weapons so certain sounds don't cut out thanks to...you guessed it, torridGristle!
  • Fixed a bug where the player would have to reload the Ammobox50 when picked up for the first time. Nice!
These changes will be in 0.1.2. of the G/ZDoom version as well, so don't fret!

Known Issues
  • Holding reload on the pistol while empty glitches out the graphic.
  • Unable to complete any Doom 2 wads that end with an Icon of Sin battle due to the lack of a rocket launcher replacement.
  • Weapons that haven't been replaced have been given temporary ammo and weapon spawns - These will be removed as the mod progresses.
  • The weapon graphics for the pistol and the uzi are slightly too close to the center. This will change once the G/ZDoom version of the mod hits 0.1.2!
  • The .pk3 is dated wrong, mostly because I did most of the conversion work yesterday. Whoops!
All future updates regarding this version will happen over at the Zandronum boards, for the most part! Go check out the forum thread here!)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

torridGristle sure did a great job than me, going to try out when i get back home. also thanks for zandronum version!

EDIT: played it and torrid's muzzle flashes worked nicely, though.
also haven't you thought about uzi's alternate fire? pistol already have it also shotgun is going to be in either. well, my idea is always goes accurate several shot or aiming like a pistol with a gangsta style grip.

lastly, don't forget add a NOEXTREMEDEATH flag if you're going to add a custom bullet puffs. weaker class zombies(that vanilla zombieman looking.)are still getting gibbed apart by a pistol fire even it was on rapid mode.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

well i got used to the shotgun :P so no problem there

but about the pistol, there is some oddness that i will like to tell...
1... the gun should be more to the right of the screen and no be centered, seems more like im looking at it than actually using it, and yes i know the sprite is no centered but the position really dont fit
2... make faster the length of the reload animation too much moving a pistol for just drop clip and put clip in, is my personal opinion
3... can it be more accurate? need to be very close or using the burst shot to kill from some distance
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

awesome mod... seriously your arsenal need something like rifle witch scope for long range shoting,sometimes i mising melee alt atack[for some guns] maybe some ar can be usefull. space pirate dont need best aviable equipment. uzi like smg,i like them,slot 1 weapons, i think there is space for something else ....
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Mav3rick wrote:2... make faster the length of the reload animation too much moving a pistol for just drop clip and put clip in, is my personal opinion
that feature should be useful if it's rans out of ammos, though.
Cardboard Marty

Captain J wrote: also haven't you thought about uzi's alternate fire? pistol already have it also shotgun is going to be in either. well, my idea is always goes accurate several shot or aiming like a pistol with a gangsta style grip.
Yup, already decided what I'm going to do with it, it'll be in v.0.1.2!
Captain J wrote: lastly, don't forget add a NOEXTREMEDEATH flag if you're going to add a custom bullet puffs. weaker class zombies(that vanilla zombieman looking.)are still getting gibbed apart by a pistol fire even it was on rapid mode.
This has been fixed! :)
Mav3rick wrote: but about the pistol, there is some oddness that i will like to tell...
1... the gun should be more to the right of the screen and no be centered, seems more like im looking at it than actually using it, and yes i know the sprite is no centered but the position really dont fit
2... make faster the length of the reload animation too much moving a pistol for just drop clip and put clip in, is my personal opinion
3... can it be more accurate? need to be very close or using the burst shot to kill from some distance
All of these have been fixed! Make sure you check out my "known issues" listing on either this page or the front page to see if I already know about the problem.
wolf00 wrote:awesome mod... seriously your arsenal need something like rifle witch scope for long range shoting,sometimes i mising melee alt atack[for some guns] maybe some ar can be usefull. space pirate dont need best aviable equipment. uzi like smg,i like them,slot 1 weapons, i think there is space for something else ....
Upcoming version will have melee attacks for all weapons and more guns, which may or may not fill your hope for a long-range weapon!

Thank you all for playing TSP or TSP Neo, there's a lot of cool stuff heading your way so stay tuned!
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

marty kirra: you have pm ..
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

:o !!!
The 8-ball has spoken!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

yes, i'm pretty sure that's true. ;)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Since you asked.
Don't wanna draw a female body? HEAVY BATTLE VEST!

So damn wonky. Hrm...
Cardboard Marty

Oh wow! That's fantastic, very dynamic poses and everything! Great work as always Slax!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”