[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Post by DoomKrakken »

I find it interesting that Hilda Blackwood in that comic looks oddly similar to Melody Crosswell here... and they happen to be voiced by the same actress...

I need to try getting this to work again, as the last time I tried, some ZLib exceptions were thrown.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hey hey, glad you're back now, marty! Real life indeed wastes your progressing time and such. Hell, i'm making my own mod for 2 years now! :O

Anyway, good luck marty! I still can wait.
Ixcuazl

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Post by Ixcuazl »

Rise, thread. Rise from your grave.

Uh, ahem. So TSP ended up being a favourite of mine despite being only mostly done, so I've ended up tinkering with the thing a fair bit. Becoming a bad habit, it seems. Mostly it's rebalancing stuff plus a few bugfixes, but I did make a small project of adding a plasma gun replacement.

In the spirit of piracy, of course, I nicked it from another good mod, Doom Incarnate. (My critera were basically "energy weapon, has scope, isn't centre-aligned, looks ok.) So full credit to those guys for all that.

It's built from TSP v012e - if there's a newer version floating around I couldn't find it.

File's here. (Naturally, If I'm stepping on anyone's toes, just say.)

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Thanks, all.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

is it possible to take out the female sounds? is it hard? is it an easy way to do it in sledge?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nice changes and all, but i'm surprised that this improvement of a file is, in fact, a standalone of the existing mod! I expected this to be some kind of addon or mutator that only contains improving replacements. Therefore, it never runs without the original mod.

I'm sure you got the permission from Marty Kirra himself, no?
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

Hey, thank for "riesumating" this cool mod. I still hope for a final version...
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mrtaterz »

JMP-Jack wrote:Hey, thank for "riesumating" this cool mod. I still hope for a final version...
Eventually.
Ixcuazl

Post by Ixcuazl »

Captain J wrote:Nice changes and all, but i'm surprised that this improvement of a file is, in fact, a standalone of the existing mod! I expected this to be some kind of addon or mutator that only contains improving replacements. Therefore, it never runs without the original mod.
Probably should do it like that, but wasn't really sure of the best way to go about it. Easier just to share my working modified copy. If it's a problem then I'll do things properly. Not trying to take credit for anything here, after all. I'm incompetent, not malicious, heh.
I'm sure you got the permission from Marty Kirra himself, no?
He did kinda leave an open invitation on page 34. Although on reread he also asked people to PM him first. Oops.

Not sure what the forum policy on swearing is, so just assume I used all of them here.

Uh. Hey Marty, is this OK?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Ixcuazl wrote:In the spirit of piracy, of course, I nicked it from another good mod, Doom Incarnate. (My critera were basically "energy weapon, has scope, isn't centre-aligned, looks ok.) So full credit to those guys for all that.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Oh hello!

I didn't see that the thread got posted in, but yes this is A-OK! My message was intended just for using the resources in other projects, so this is totally cool! Speaking of, this is totally cool! I'll check it out when I get some free time and give feedback!

Also if you're out of the loop, yes, TSP is alive! We're starting from the ground up and it's been making some nice progress! I'd recommend checking out our Twitter page for cool videos and all that fun stuff!

P.S. - Whenever this version is ready to be released, we'll most likely create a new topic for it!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Great to know this mod is still alive. :D

I'm stoked to see what else is new!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Glad the mod is still in progress. Hope you completely finish the mod so i can play and admire how it is truly profound! Oh, also can't forget the feedback.
leon2012evil

Post by leon2012evil »

the author, please, do not throw this mod. Very cool and dynamic. I hope that you will develop it.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

leon2012evil wrote:the author, please, do not throw this mod. Very cool and dynamic. I hope that you will develop it.
https://www.moddb.com/news/let-the-hunt ... mo-out-now
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

leon2012evil wrote:the author, please, do not throw this mod. Very cool and dynamic. I hope that you will develop it.
Cardboard Marty wrote:NOTE: This project has been rebooted and is now located here! This version is no longer maintained.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”