[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bitterman

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Post by Bitterman »

In a dark and gloomy future in a time far, far away, Marty Kirra will release the Space Pirate through a SkyNet server.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

or, he releases it after half-life 3 is coming out.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Captain J wrote:or, he releases it after half-life 3 is coming out.
I'm sure it'll be worth the weight.

I'm so sorry.
Olroda

Post by Olroda »

This is looking good. Will there be any maps included?
I'm guessing no, but it would be great if there were.
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

Marty Kirra wrote:
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy wrote:Awesome! Is this getting its own set of maps too?
It is not, as it's only a gameplay mod, HOWEVER...we'll see how things develop. ;)
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

We're a little bit closer to the (possible) release of The Space Pirate! I am excited. :U
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Marty Kirra wrote:[MAGIC EIGHT BALL]
Fun Fact: He spent all his time and effort on making this graphic, instead of wrapping up the release. :P
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Fun Fact: Melody "Mel" Crosswell's appearance is actually looks like Ada Wong from Resident Evil 6, minus the eyepatch and the color of the clothes as well
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Today is the day.

The Space Pirate (Version V.0.1 Alpha) HAS BEEN UPLOADED!
Version 0.1 - "Today is the Day" (Updated 12/25/13)

New Features
  • Melee now allows for cancelling the "deequipping" animation between moves, letting you quickly select another weapon. Zeke specifically will equip faster when using this method.
  • New pickups for health!
  • Get up close and personal with the new ARMOR SYSTEM! Armor will now completely block 100% damage until it is depleted, encouraging closer encounters. Due to this new system, default armor values are halved (i.e. green armor gives you 50 armor, blue armor gives you 100). Use personal shields (armor bonuses) to boost your armor to 125 or find a Miracle Sphere (Megasphere) to boost it to 150!
  • Some enemies will reload after firing! This change will slowly effect more and more zombies as they get added in.
Known Issues
  • While holding the reload button on the 919m with the auto-firing mode enabled, it'll show a graphic of the single fire ready frame.
  • The Ammobox 50 feels awful, I know. I plan on redoing it completely once I finish the new graphics. Sorry about that!
  • Unable to complete any Doom 2 wads that end with an Icon of Sin battle due to the lack of a rocket launcher replacement.
  • Weapons that haven't been replaced have been given temporary ammo and weapon spawns - These will be removed as the mod progresses.
  • Due to the resolution of the logo, it might cut off on some resolutions. I'll be doing a proper-sized logo once the menu rework is underway.
Please report any issues you encounter here! Fixes and suggestions graciously accepted!

Upcoming Features!
  • More zombies and enemies!
  • Due to some last minute bugs, I wasn't able to completely implement the shotgun's different shell types. These will be coming in the next major version of the alpha (hopefully!)
  • Ammobox 50 rework! New sprites with the combo attack I mentioned a couple of pages ago!
  • Rocket Launcher and Super Shotgun replacements!
  • Player sprites and mugshot sprites for Mel!
  • New HUD!
  • Rework of the main menu, with possibly a built-in "strategy guide" for details on the lore, weapons, and enemies of TSP!
Please note that this is an alpha, meaning the mod is in a very infantile stage!

Go on then, GO GRAB THAT ALPHA!
Ferguson

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (V.0.1 Alpha Released!)

Post by Ferguson »

Gave this a try with a couple different wads, works real well. Already looks good, and a lot of fun. Looking forward to developments! :)
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

I need this.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

I was gonna make a standard "let's complete a level with this mod", but the Zombies decided to use larger-caliber rounds for some reason, so have a video of me failing instead.

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

well, hell. finally it came. thanks and god bless you marty. but after watching doom'd marine's video, i think i get some problems;

those classic zombiemans are acting like a heavy weapons dude; shooting hitscan based attacks rapidly, but triple times. damages are not so bad, but just like in his video, maps without covers or zombie horde could be dangerous and intense.

female zombies are always screaming so hardcore-ly when her saw the player. only once also not bad at all, but it could be annoying little bit if you met horde of them. also shotgun guy's shots are bit acculate too.

also talking about weapons(sigh...again, i apologize for reality recommanding nitpickings. i had to.), i think shotgun shell durning at shotgun's reloading is kinda thin, don't you think? buckshot shells always never being thin like that. or, actually it uses .410 caliber shells, maybe? also i hope you can add the blue coloured shotgun case...of course.

without those problems also with uzi's reload frame needs rotate, everything is fine. just don't take it seriously, and don't get me wrong. i'm really love also diggin' this even it's a alpha.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Do keep in mind that some problems may made worse due to me being a nubplayer, so... there's that.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

well i do, i'm always get damaged when i met a horde of hitscan monsters. beside, every new beginners or not mastered players could be have a hard 'n intense gameplay even it's on a 'Hurt me Plenty'. for this case, some portable or rocket launcher replacement explosive such as grenades would be recommanded...well, it's just an wet dream of mine for every newbie's, though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”