DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Postby DooMag » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 am

Which version of GZDoom should you use with this mod, is it still 211?

Also is there an order in which the arsenal and monster packs should be loaded?
DooMag

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Yholl » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:04 pm

DooMag wrote:Which version of GZDoom should you use with this mod, is it still 211?
You can use modern GZD to run it, DRLA supports a wide range of versions.
DooMag wrote:Also is there an order in which the arsenal and monster packs should be loaded?
Should work fine either way, but generally you should but Arsenal before Monsterpack.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Deon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:13 pm

Hey Yholl, I've just played the whole Foursite with this, my favourite class is scout because I am really fond of powerful pistols.
This mod is the best inventory variety mod I've ever played.

I have two questions:
1) I see you still use old pistol zombieman with a weirdly raised free hand (leftover from removing rifle from his grip). There's a better sprite for years, do you plan to change it, and can I make a fix for you, or are you not interested?
2) Can I blatantly take the UZI reload sprites from your mod, so I dont have to hunt down the source material and cut out the sprites? Usually I butcher Sprites Carnival posts where they are obviously for public use (UZI is from Mike12, Cpt. Toenail and Captain J if my Excel document doesn't lie; credits XLS I have is now bigger than any of my work documents :D).
Deon

Postby Yholl » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Deon wrote:I see you still use old pistol zombieman with a weirdly raised free hand (leftover from removing rifle from his grip). There's a better sprite for years, do you plan to change it, and can I make a fix for you, or are you not interested?
It's a very low priority for me, but yeah, it's been in my plans. The main thing is that there's three of them, and I almost never have the motivation to tackle large amounts of sprite edits myself.
If you wanna help, I'd appreciate it, but you don't need to feel obligated to do so.
Deon wrote:Can I blatantly take the UZI reload sprites from your mod, so I dont have to hunt down the source material and cut out the sprites?
ye
seems you know the base credits already, only thing to add is that Sgt. Shivers did the reload animation itself.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Nobody2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:56 am

This mod is really cool. I love it!
Nobody2

Postby madsnark » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:20 am

is assault minigun supposed to shoot like that or is this a bug? gzdoom 4.7.1

madsnark

Postby Sgt. Ham » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:18 am

madsnark wrote:is assault minigun supposed to shoot like that or is this a bug? gzdoom 4.7.1

Yep. All Assault assemblies have a super slow fire-rate in exchange for more damage.
Sgt. Ham

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods