DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Machine-Reaper wrote:
play on an older version for now, GZDoom 2.2.0 is best with DRLA~

Too bad ZDoom hasn't a launcher system that allow you to play freely with previous versions.

For the other hand, I noticed that Zshop had a new version that solves the interface bug at least.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:
Too bad ZDoom hasn't a launcher system that allow you to play freely with previous versions.

For the other hand, I noticed that Zshop had a new version that solves the interface bug at least.

if your looking for a Launcher, there are plenty more that allow you to play with any version of ZDoom/GZDoom or any other port you have.

I myself use Doomseeker which is somewhat hard to use if you don't play Zandronum. (You get it along with Zandronum installation)

while as the most common one used it Doom Launcher: https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/doom-launcher
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Machine-Reaper wrote:
while as the most common one used it Doom Launcher: https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/doom-launcher

Thanks. I started to use this and is not that problematic once you know how to export wads/mods. Im going to try to download a previoud version of Gzdoom app, as well to try some rpg mod that looks interesting but force you to play with a program like this.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby Joey Diamond » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:30 pm

Not sure if it was a bug or not but looking through the Revenant's Launcher text file and saw that MissileP (Power mod?) has no damage value change. Instead the damage value got assigned to MissileB (Bulk) which was supposed to increase magazine size, not damage.

Bear in mind I can't read or code at all, I just trying to put real numbers into the wiki as much as possible.

BTW, on the Revenant Launcher mods. Right now, Sniper = 8 rapid missiles, Firestorm = Always homing heavy Missile, Nano = Fast homing Plasma. According to the mod thematic, shouldn't it be Sniper = Fast homing Plasma, Firestorm = 8 rapid missiles, Nano = Always homing heavy missile?
Joey Diamond

Postby Yholl » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:48 pm

Joey Diamond wrote:Not sure if it was a bug or not but looking through the Revenant's Launcher text file and saw that MissileP (Power mod?) has no damage value change. Instead the damage value got assigned to MissileB (Bulk) which was supposed to increase magazine size, not damage.
Bulk increases impact damage, Power increases explosion damage, exactly the same as the Rocket Launcher does.
Joey Diamond wrote:BTW, on the Revenant Launcher mods. Right now, Sniper = 8 rapid missiles, Firestorm = Always homing heavy Missile, Nano = Fast homing Plasma. According to the mod thematic, shouldn't it be Sniper = Fast homing Plasma, Firestorm = 8 rapid missiles, Nano = Always homing heavy missile?
Mmm, they are a bit off. I suppose that's a bit of design from when exotic mods were not equal in spawn chance.
I'll swap Sniper and Nano's effect around.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Joey Diamond » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:04 am

Then the problem is only in the description whichs says Bulk increases magazine size and the mod is working as intended, correct?.

BTW where are these fluff text in the pda located? It's not in the weapon/armor text file and finding them would make editing the wiki much easier, thank you.
Joey Diamond

Postby DarkQuill » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:09 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but trying to modify drop tables from LegenDoom Lite, but whatever I change doesn't work.
Basically trying to remove powerups, armor, and large ammo drops from legendary enemies, as well as add a missing unique gun to the boss droplist.
DarkQuill

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:48 am

DarkQuill wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but trying to modify drop tables from LegenDoom Lite, but whatever I change doesn't work.
Basically trying to remove powerups, armor, and large ammo drops from legendary enemies, as well as add a missing unique gun to the boss droplist.

the settings of these drops might also be present in DRLA files as well and come into action when ran with LD Lite.
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby fakemai » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:53 am

Joey Diamond wrote:BTW where are these fluff text in the pda located? It's not in the weapon/armor text file and finding them would make editing the wiki much easier, thank you.

Huh? The ones for armor and weapons and assemblies are in their respective language.* files, all in the root of the PK3.

EDIT: Flamethrower is pretty great. Situational, and hard-ish to get, but when it's good it's very economical and stun-locks things. Also the one time I would actually recommend Agility modpacks, because otherwise it's a bit short-ranged for my liking, that matters more if you are playing non-Demolitionist since it's easy to roast yourself.
fakemai

Postby Mad Dal 85 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:43 pm

I use ZDL to get this mod to play. Speaking of this mod, I'm looking for someone by the name of Yholl. Someone called ReX on Doomworld Forums told me I can find them here on ZDoom. I've been wanting to ask him/her something. Please inbox me. Thanks. Have a good one.
Mad Dal 85

Discord: Mad Dal #6879

Postby wildweasel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Mad Dal 85 wrote: Please inbox me. Thanks. Have a good one.

Figure I should let you know, you won't be able to use private messages until you've got a few more posts. Feel free to hang around on some of our other threads though...
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Moe_ » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:26 am

Hello I downloaded the RLA and monster pack files and ran it with gzdoom 4.5.0 but when I bring up the pda the mouse doesn't move it stays in the four corners. If the cursor is in the bottom of the pda then pressing delete key makes it go up and thats it. How do I fix this? Can't select anything in the pda.
Moe_

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 am

Moe_ wrote:Hello I downloaded the RLA and monster pack files and ran it with gzdoom 4.5.0 but when I bring up the pda the mouse doesn't move it stays in the four corners. If the cursor is in the bottom of the pda then pressing delete key makes it go up and thats it. How do I fix this? Can't select anything in the pda.

Happened to me the last month. DRLA PDA have compatibility issues with GZdoom 4.5.0 (And the actual versions of the mod aren't supported to the last versions of the launchers). The only thing you can do is using a previous version of GZDoom launcher.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby fakemai » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Got a hell of a jump when my armor was destroyed and it released a nuke. Probably has come up before but it's a very rare occurrence (1/600) and doesn't kill you. I'm also disabling +DL per level from now on, it's no fun having everything at highest-tier, and doubly so with certain later levels of Doom 2 being filled with those damn Hungry.
fakemai

Postby Joey Diamond » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:12 am

Is there any plan to add more monster to the pack? seeing that there's still alot of blank entries in the PDA. BTW can't believe I was sleeping on the Technician this whole time. His passive is so powerful, especially tier-3 weapon with the 50% damage gain. The Super Machinegun becomes a realistic 20mm gun where it turns any mob it currently pointing at into a gore lake.
Joey Diamond

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods