DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby drdubyu » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:08 pm

Hey guys, is there a link to the patches required to play any of the DRLA mods? Everytime I try to load them up I get this

Does anyone else have this problem?
drdubyu

Postby wildweasel » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:10 pm

drdubyu wrote:Hey guys, is there a link to the patches required to play any of the DRLA mods? Everytime I try to load them up I get this

Does anyone else have this problem?

What are you loading this with?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby drdubyu » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:26 pm

at the moment 1.0.3 The Doom RPG SE Launcher v1.0.3
drdubyu

Postby wildweasel » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 pm

drdubyu wrote:at the moment 1.0.3 The Doom RPG SE Launcher v1.0.3

Ensure that you have both the DoomRLA files, AND the mod-specific patches, checked from the launcher. Just having the files isn't enough.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby drdubyu » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:49 pm

There's definitely something I'm doing wrong somewhere along the line. Even with updates the same error pops up. It worked once before which is the annoying thing.

I'm going to try a scorched earth method, I might have some files jumbled and screwed around to the point that it's a knot I can't untangle, so I'll see what I can do with a fresh start. Sorry for the noobism.
drdubyu

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:41 am

drdubyu wrote:There's definitely something I'm doing wrong somewhere along the line. Even with updates the same error pops up. It worked once before which is the annoying thing.

I'm going to try a scorched earth method, I might have some files jumbled and screwed around to the point that it's a knot I can't untangle, so I'll see what I can do with a fresh start. Sorry for the noobism.

Hey @Yholl can you add a simple Load order info on the front page that people can see and tell which addon/file they should be applying after which file?

example
Code: Select allExpand view
File Load order:
1: Map file
2: DRLA Main file
3: DRLA Monster Beta file
4: addons (LegennDoom etc)
5: rest of your DRLA compatible files...
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby devlman127 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:34 am

How do you mod the Cybernetic Armor? What are the benefits to each mod?
devlman127

Postby retronutcase » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:44 pm

devlman127 wrote:How do you mod the Cybernetic Armor? What are the benefits to each mod?

Use the armor ability key and you'll be asked to pick a modpack.

Each modpack (aside from Nano) improves a Resist stat, with the Exotics being far more effective. You only get to use one though. Nano on the the other hand adds life regen.
retronutcase

Postby devlman127 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:14 pm

retronutcase wrote:Use the armor ability key and you'll be asked to pick a modpack.

Each modpack (aside from Nano) improves a Resist stat, with the Exotics being far more effective. You only get to use one though. Nano on the the other hand adds life regen.

Thanks.
On another note, It's a shame the Dragonslayer sword is dummied out, it would go great with the cyberwarrior armor :(
devlman127

Postby SiFi270 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Is the Nano Ablative Armor supposed to completely protect you from damaging floors without depleting any armor points? The effect seems to persist even after you take it off, at least until you take damage from another source.
SiFi270

Postby Joey Diamond » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:24 am

Charch's Null pointer with firestorm upgrade destroys my average 2010 PC. Somehow the weapon created a chain reaction on a group of enemies and ended up spawning a dozen or more null fields on them. Had to close the game due to serious lag.

BTW could you please revert all demolition ammo weapons to use their original slot instead of the rocket launcher slot? My goldfish brain always makes me pull out the explosive chaingun at the wrong situation. Thank you.
Joey Diamond

Postby Cyann3 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am

The PDA is Broken for me, no matter what i do, the cursor sticks to the corners of the screen.
Cyann3
don't care mate

Discord: Cyann3#5654
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:31 am

Cyann3 wrote:The PDA is Broken for me, no matter what i do, the cursor sticks to the corners of the screen.

This is already known.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:59 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:
Cyann3 wrote:The PDA is Broken for me, no matter what i do, the cursor sticks to the corners of the screen.

This is already known.

Its something from the GZDoom Launcher 4.5 right? I couldn't use the PDA and the Zshop interface basically freeze the game.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:Its something from the GZDoom Launcher 4.5 right? I couldn't use the PDA and the Zshop interface basically freeze the game.

play on an older version for now, GZDoom 2.2.0 is best with DRLA~
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods