DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:43 am

Yholl wrote:Alternatively, don't pick up any Unique+ items and he won't spawn at all.

what's the point of playing with DRLA then? : )
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby Captain J » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:13 am

I guess it's just an optional challenge we can stack onto... Well, another challenge. It gets harder when getting something good and overpowered and i think you deserve it because you're asking for more trouble, but for your own good later on.

Unless the certain item is actually a trigger that you have to activate to continue the map.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby fakemai » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:03 am

It doesn't matter much unless you do self-enforced permadeath, but in that case it's just risk assessment: Do you actually want to tempt fate by taking or making this powerful thing? For weapons it's usually yes, but for some of the unique armors, and even some of the legendary ones, frankly it's a big NO. Zetashop users should be more careful since you have to balance out wanting to sell them so you can acquire them later, or worse, keep a set half and hope for the other half to spawn in a crate so you can acquire both.

Also Craneo, do you have Curse of RNGseus enabled? His actual chances of spawning are fairly low normally, I explained this a couple of pages back. Also the best option for Marty is
Spoiler:
fakemai

Postby inurian » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:52 am

When I try to use the PDA, the cursor just jumps to the four corners and doesn't go anywhere else? I've tried switching to fullscreen and altering the sensitivity to no effect, latest version of GZDoom
inurian

Postby Bofubutt » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:15 pm

inurian wrote:When I try to use the PDA, the cursor just jumps to the four corners and doesn't go anywhere else? I've tried switching to fullscreen and altering the sensitivity to no effect, latest version of GZDoom

We talked about this on the previous page. The latest version of GZDoom isn't gonna work with the PDA. You'll need to use 2.1.1.
Bofubutt

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:09 pm

Any version besides 4.5.0 works fine. DRLA works great in 4.3.3.
Chunes

Postby Rtma » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Hey Hey, just dropping by to say this mod is fantastic, (RLA+RPG + using this with rebalance which I find a good adjustment), but overall I love the elements and mechanics involved, however version 4.5.0 doesn't play nice with the PDA and I cannot even use the Outpost teleporter to confirm my teleport, a few bugs I've noticed are what is the purpose of earning keys in the arena when you cannot take them to the next level? also certain armour bonuses don't always apply during level transition, I'm currently using Nuclear armour and Nuclear Plasma rifle/BFG, I have to remove shields and armour just to apply the bonus on again and wait for shields to recharge to work around it, also curious when this mod is going to to be progressed, the monsters are incomplete and I can say with assurity that we'd love to get the full intended experience, any updates would be appreciated.
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon

Postby cubebert » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:37 am

I'm playing through Community Chest and an idea struck me as I was using melee attacks; what if each class had their own forms of hand-to-hand combat a la Final Doomer? Each class has the same attack pattern as the TNT class in FD, but there could be different melee attacks for each class. For example, the Marine could have the Doom 2 fist and the Technician could have the Plutonia melee.
cubebert

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:20 pm

cubebert wrote:I'm playing through Community Chest and an idea struck me as I was using melee attacks; what if each class had their own forms of hand-to-hand combat a la Final Doomer? Each class has the same attack pattern as the TNT class in FD, but there could be different melee attacks for each class. For example, the Marine could have the Doom 2 fist and the Technician could have the Plutonia melee.

just like Russian overkill, can't wait to fartjet myself with Demo while bombarding with my Mother in Law
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods