DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:34 pm

MrPyrite wrote:imagine an archvile-only map except it's nothing but de-viles

De-viles aren't that hard, Diabolists are the real pain with their fire geysers
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby <rd> » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 am

Joey Diamond wrote:I'm not sure if it is still in the current version or not, but don't aim the rocket launcher type weapon directly at Devile's or at his feet. Because if Devile got hit before the 666 halo, the damage will not or rarely registers. But I can confirmed that splash damage can kill them, As I usually aim Mother in Law above them and let the AOE destroy all of their 6s at the same time. Oh and BFG is even worse because the only part of the damage that reliably hits them come from the plasma ball, but not the tracing after the BFG explode, and the game usually auto-aim the balls directly at the creature, not the halo.

The BFG is one of the easiest ways to kill a de-vile. The tracers have a really high likelihood of catching the sixes, without much aim required. (And as shown by the last shot I fire in this video, the ball isn't all that necessary.)

The downside is the BFG isn't as ammo-efficient as many options -- but a de-vile is the sort of monster you want dead in a hurry, so that is an acceptable concession.
<rd>

Postby Bofubutt » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:04 am

So, this was driving me nuts, but I noticed that there's a high-pitched squealing sound in my speakers that plays constantly while I'm playing DoomRLA in GZDoom 2.1.1. It goes away as soon as I enter the menu, but as soon as I'm out of it, it starts playing again. This doesn't seem to happen with any other mod. I've tried changing the sound settings in GZDoom to all kinds of things, but none of them make a difference.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Bofubutt

Postby Craneo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:07 pm

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this bug, but when playing with GZDoom 4.5.0 or something like that the PDA's cursor keeps like, jumping from corner to corner for me, making it impossible for me to be able to access the information it has, it was working fine before until I updated, not sure if the bug is caused by DRLA or any other file I'm loading, and since I haven't seen anyone else report it I am not sure if it's just me, maybe it's because I loaded an old save file I was playing, not sure
Craneo

Discord: Craneo#8693
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby wildweasel » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:21 pm

I'd suspect this is due to changes in the mouse sensitivity code that need to be accounted for. You may need to run in an older gzdoom if you want to use the PDA, for now.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Yholl » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Craneo wrote:I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this bug, but when playing with GZDoom 4.5.0 or something like that the PDA's cursor keeps like, jumping from corner to corner for me, making it impossible for me to be able to access the information it has, it was working fine before until I updated, not sure if the bug is caused by DRLA or any other file I'm loading, and since I haven't seen anyone else report it I am not sure if it's just me, maybe it's because I loaded an old save file I was playing, not sure
Someone else asked about that too. The PDA has an X and Y sensitivity setting, should be in the options menu, try and fiddle with them to fix it. I hope that helps.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby HLRaven » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:00 pm

I've been having this same issue aswell and have tried to tweak the PDA X and Y sensitivity, Didn't work
HLRaven

Discord: HLRaven #4530
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Craneo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:29 pm

Yholl wrote:Someone else asked about that too. The PDA has an X and Y sensitivity setting, should be in the options menu, try and fiddle with them to fix it. I hope that helps.

I turned it to it's lowest value (0.5 I think) and it didn't change much other than making it flicked from side to side less quickly (but still appearing automatically on the corners instead of ever touching the middle), I'll see if I can downgrade GZDoom and hope that fixes it...
Craneo

Postby Yholl » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:25 am

HLRaven wrote:I've been having this same issue aswell and have tried to tweak the PDA X and Y sensitivity, Didn't work
Craneo wrote:I turned it to it's lowest value (0.5 I think) and it didn't change much other than making it flicked from side to side less quickly (but still appearing automatically on the corners instead of ever touching the middle), I'll see if I can downgrade GZDoom and hope that fixes it...
Darm.
Sorry about that, looks like the only option is to use an earlier GZDoom for now.
Yholl

Postby SiFi270 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:20 pm

I've been wondering for a while, what advantage does the Focused Double Shotgun have over the Shredder Shotgun? The latter's slug mode seems to handle the former's job just fine for one modpack less.
SiFi270

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:26 am

Yholl wrote:Darm.
Sorry about that, looks like the only option is to use an earlier GZDoom for now.

I should inform that Gzdoom 4.0.0 has the same issue so something lower than that will probably work.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby fakemai » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:15 am

LZDoom still works fine as of 3.87a as well, at least for not breaking that. However 3.87 onwards did fatally break Zetashop's menu if you use that, you can open it but nothing works, and you can only partly get rid of it by opening the DRLA PDA.
fakemai

Postby DarkQuill » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 am

The minimum value for PDA sensitivity in the menu is 5.0, but if you go into your GZDoom-Username.ini file in your GZDoom folder and change the following lines to a value of 0, you can KINDA use the PDA on newer versions.

DRLA_PDA_sensitivity_x=
DRLA_PDA_sensitivity_y=

The cursor is still hyper-sensitive but you can click on most things. It won't change to a higher value unless you try to change it in the game menu.
It definitely feels like the cursor is snapping to locations on an invisible grid, but it's better than nothing. Or just run an older version :wink:
DarkQuill

Postby Craneo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 pm

Is there a way to disable Dark Marty? he keeps kicking my ass :cry: legit spawned in one playthrought, I defeated him, and on the next level, he spawned again, I decided to rush to the exit to not fight him again, and on the next level he spawned AGAIN, it's kinda getting a bit annoying for me personally, specially since I scrapped the BFG I used to defeat him the first time (don't ask why)
Craneo

Postby Yholl » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Craneo wrote:Is there a way to disable Dark Marty? he keeps kicking my ass :cry: legit spawned in one playthrought, I defeated him, and on the next level, he spawned again, I decided to rush to the exit to not fight him again, and on the next level he spawned AGAIN, it's kinda getting a bit annoying for me personally, specially since I scrapped the BFG I used to defeat him the first time (don't ask why)
Dark Marty is fought twice, unlike other currently non-existant unique bosses. If you run away from a unique boss, they'll just keep chasing you into other levels till you deal with them.
Beat him twice and he won't show up again.
Alternatively, don't pick up any Unique+ items and he won't spawn at all.

Spoiler: secret to beating him
Yholl

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods