DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby DarkQuill » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm

The mapset is Speed of Doom - I am NOT going to play on RNGesus on that :mrgreen:

Anyway, some bugs:

- Dual-wielding Marathon Shotguns does not give the Sharpshooter perk bonus for the Scout class, although the info screen shows it as such.
- If you mod two Marathon Shotguns and then dual-wield, then drop one of them, the mod will be transferred to the other gun, and the dropped gun will be free to accept a new mod. You can stack ALL mods on one shotgun with this method. A bug within the bug is that if a Sniper mod is used in conjunction with any other mod, the Sniper mod deactivates. I'm guessing this is due to both guns sharing the base ID/name, as there are no issues when doing this with the Hellsing pistols for example, which - while it only displays the mod on the Jackal - will always remember the mod you are using on the offhand Casull.

Suggested to do a lazy split on the shotguns with an internal "MarathonA" and "MarathonB" so they work independently.
DarkQuill

Postby gregest » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:14 pm

do messages like "Your PDA has this place marked as a... Oh no..." have any meaning or they don't do anything and are there to just spook you
gregest

Postby Machine-Reaper » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:14 pm

gregest wrote:do messages like "Your PDA has this place marked as a... Oh no..." have any meaning or they don't do anything and are there to just spook you

its one of the notifications for Nuke Barrels that have spawned in a map
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby DarkQuill » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:09 am

More bugssss:

- Artifact ModPacks don't stack in the inventory, but will count towards your total ModPack pickup count.
So if you pick up three and then drop one, you will be carrying zero, but will only be able to pick up and carry one more mod as your inventory will still be at three. Unless you...

- Using an Artifact ModPack reduces your listed ModPack inventory count by the wrong number.
If you are carrying three mods and one Artifact ModPack and then use it on a weapon, your inventory COUNT will be cleared of ModPacks while your "physical" inventory remains. This means you can now pick up four new ModPacks and continue carrying what you already were. You can repeat this indefinitely and carry an entire universe's worth of ModPacks. For regular classes, the inventory ModPack count is decreased by four (to zero), and for the Technician Class, it decreases by three instead.

I took a look at the code but I am currently awake at 4am and can't process that kind of information. I think it's a conflict between lines 7, 20 and 21 that cause it to take up too much inventory space. In terms of reducing the inventory counter I tried to take a look at the other ModPacks to see how they worked and immediately regret my decision.

This ModPack was such a fun discovery though, I like it a lot. Only ever found it when running LegenDoom Lite though, not sure if this is intended.
Last edited by DarkQuill on Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkQuill

Postby Machine-Reaper » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 am

DarkQuill wrote:More bugssss:

- Artifact ModPacks don't stack in the inventory, but will count towards your total ModPack pickup count.
So if you pick up three and then drop one, you will be carrying zero, but will only be able to pick up and carry one more mod as your inventory will still be at three. Unless you...

- Using an Artifact ModPack reduces your listed ModPack inventory count by the wrong number.
If you are carrying three mods and one Artifact ModPack and then use it on a weapon, your inventory COUNT will be cleared of ModPacks while your "physical" inventory remains. This means you can now pick up four new ModPacks and continue carrying what you already were. You can repeat this indefinitely and carry an entire universe's worth of ModPacks. For regular classes, the inventory ModPack count is decreased by four (to zero), and for the Technician Class, it decreases by three instead.

I took a look at the code but I am currently awake at 4am and can't process that kind of information. I think it's a conflict between lines 7, 20 and 21 that cause it to take up too much inventory space. In terms of reducing the inventory counter I tried to take a look at the other ModPacks to see how they worked and immediately regret my decision.

This ModPack was such a fun discovery though, I like it a lot.

I thought Arti's modpack was removed in the current released build since it causes all sorts of bugs and glitches.

I have seen it spawn with Legen Doom tho.
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby DarkQuill » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:27 am

Machine-Reaper wrote:I thought Arti's modpack was removed in the current released build since it causes all sorts of bugs and glitches.

I have seen it spawn with Legen Doom tho.

I just checked the changelog and yes, yes it is.
Let that be a lesson to you kids - don't wake up at 2am and lay awake thinking about Doom mod code without reading the textfiles first.

As an aside, anyone know where the legendary item spawn/pickup messages are located? Just want to read through them all.
DarkQuill

Postby fakemai » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:02 pm

The Artipack still appears in the latest of LegenDoom Lite by the way, if it was supposed to have been removed. It's also a lot more balanced with the current tier settings not having the weakest enemies drop anything.
DarkQuill wrote:As an aside, anyone know where the legendary item spawn/pickup messages are located? Just want to read through them all.

Spoiler:
fakemai

Postby Deon » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Excuse me, how does one kill a De-Vile? I am currently stuck with one I need to kill, and it seems to take no damage from anything. I can see its health at 1452 and it's not changing.

I am using the following mods:
- DoomRPG
- DoomRPG-Brightmaps
- DoomRPG-Extras
- CatsVisorBASE1.10
- Doom Hi-Res Texture Pack
- doom_complete
- DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.4
- DoomRL_Monster_Beta_7.3
- Music_Instrumental
- Others - Flashlights
- Others - Precise Crosshair 1.3
- Others - Target Spy 1.11
- DoomRPG-WadSmoosh
- Lexicon-beta-build-137
- Lexicon-miscdata-beta-build-137
- DoomRPG-Lexicon
- DoomRPG-RLArsenal
- DoomRPG-RLMonsters

I thought that maybe it has a gimmick as that black cacodemon variant which cannot be damaged by plasma weapons, but I seem to be unable to do any damage with any weapons I have. Any advice is appreciated!
Deon

Postby wildweasel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:39 pm

It does have a gimmick.
Spoiler: "Actual Spoilers For Gameplay"
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Deon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:27 am

Interesting, I am curious if my mod load order breaks it, because I dont seem to do any damage, even using BFG and a rocket launcher. I will try without any other mods loaded and see if it helps.
Deon

Postby Jayrassic Park » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:46 am

Yeah, I suggest spawning one. I've never had issues with it against my Super Machinegun, for what it's worth, but then again, I don't have an issue with most things when I have a Super Machinegun.

Anyway, bug report(?):

I don't know if it's intended, but when the cartoon whistling sound effect plays with a long drop, it keeps going and going if I use a jetpack and activate before I hit the floor.
Jayrassic Park

Discord: JayrassicPark#0894

Postby Captain J » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:30 am

Jayrassic Park wrote:I don't know if it's intended, but when the cartoon whistling sound effect plays with a long drop, it keeps going and going if I use a jetpack and activate before I hit the floor.
I think that's Engine's own glitch(especially Hexen one), where the player still screaming or playing such sound effect despite you began to fly. The sound only stops if the other sound in the same channel(CHAN_VOICE) play. I hardly call it the mod's glitch.

But i'm pretty sure it can be prevented easily by changing the channel of a jetpack sound.
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby fakemai » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:14 am

Captain J wrote:But i think it can be prevented easily by changing the channel of a jetpack sound.

You can already do the same thing by teleporting while falling, easiest observed in that invisible bridge chasm in Plutonia's second map since it's a cheesy way of dodging the Cacodemons.
Deon wrote:Interesting, I am curious if my mod load order breaks it...

This is the recommendation. Personally I've found DRLA+DRLM+LDL to be at an ideal level of complexity without breaking the flow too badly.
fakemai

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods