DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Nano Ablative Armour should become legendary, it literally changes your game style in a manner where you forget you ever need to medipacks of any sort.

its literally like a Regen Rune cranked upto x5
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby Linz » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Reccomended mapset for this>
Linz

Postby YasuoProjectX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:16 am

is there another way for disable a Corrupted Players that can will spawn at the start of the map? Cuz they will spawn Corrupted Player within 1 or 2 min

(please dont tell "What do you mean" or "wdym" cuz i dunno all about this mod cuz im still a novice)
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby fakemai » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:30 am

Been meaning to ask what does DRLM mean by "stealth monsters" for replacements, it has a couple of options (stealth enemies / corrupted players / armageddon enemies), but with it set to corrupted players, I've never run across them except from De-viles. For you though, you don't mean the one with the powerful gun, and really long kill message that reads like a terminal case of chuunibyou? That's your punishment for finding powerful items. As far as I know you can't turn him off.
fakemai

Postby Machine-Reaper » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:00 am

fakemai wrote:Been meaning to ask what does DRLM mean by "stealth monsters" for replacements, it has a couple of options (stealth enemies / corrupted players / armageddon enemies), but with it set to corrupted players, I've never run across them except from De-viles. For you though, you don't mean the one with the powerful gun, and really long kill message that reads like a terminal case of chuunibyou? That's your punishment for finding powerful items. As far as I know you can't turn him off.

Stealth monsters obviously means Stealth monsters (Specters and their variants etc)
I have encountered Corrupted Players in place of Stealth monsters while the playing the Map: Crusher from Doom 2, however it was before the patch, as of right now I haven't tested yet.
(from what I can tell, they spawn very rarely while Stealth Monsters will also spawn)

Dark Marty can be...untriggered by lowering your Danger per map and Danger level etc in options, but I think he may have some special code that makes him spawn no matter what,
and I'm sorry to say this but he is pretty lame now after you get any powerful weapon to hand his ass back to the abyss with, we need more powerful corrupted fictional villains.
Machine-Reaper

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:55 am

fakemai wrote:Been meaning to ask what does DRLM mean by "stealth monsters" for replacements

ZDoom, way back in the day, introduced Stealth variants of the original monsters that mappers could place in their levels. They were not an especially favorable feature to most, so you are generally only likely to encounter any in maps from the earlier days of ZDoom, usually around 1999 and the very early 200x's. Off-hand, I only know of two that use them: the Valhalla map of Temple of the Ancients, and one sequence of Realm of the Green Soul.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Yholl » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:12 pm

YasuoProjectX wrote:is there another way for disable a Corrupted Players that can will spawn at the start of the map? Cuz they will spawn Corrupted Player within 1 or 2 min

(please dont tell "What do you mean" or "wdym" cuz i dunno all about this mod cuz im still a novice)
Dark Marty is the first, and currently only, Unique Boss in the mod. He will spawn if you've picked up a rare item, like a Unique.
He will appear more frequently the higher dangerlevel is (more or less, the longer you keep playing.), but defeating him twice will be enough to stop him chasing you.

If you don't want him to chase you, don't pick up uniques, basically.

Machine-Reaper wrote:Dark Marty can be...untriggered by lowering your Danger per map and Danger level etc in options, but I think he may have some special code that makes him spawn no matter what,
and I'm sorry to say this but he is pretty lame now after you get any powerful weapon to hand his ass back to the abyss with, we need more powerful corrupted fictional villains.
Yeah, he's intentionally not too strong, as he's the Lvl 0 Unique Boss. In 1.2, I've just recently made two extra Unique Bosses, one for 40, and one for 50, maxed out, and the last one especially makes the Abominant seem easy. Unlike Dark Marty, they only have to be killed once to prevent them from showing up again. Running is always an option though!
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby YasuoProjectX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Machine-Reaper wrote:Dark Marty can be...untriggered by lowering your Danger per map and Danger level etc in options, but I think he may have some special code that makes him spawn no matter what,

By the gods it must be himm, btw i found his weakness to kill him fast using Hellish Weapons also i just scared me a bit when the message came up
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby Machine-Reaper » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Yholl wrote:Yeah, he's intentionally not too strong, as he's the Lvl 0 Unique Boss. In 1.2, I've just recently made two extra Unique Bosses, one for 40, and one for 50, maxed out, and the last one especially makes the Abominant seem easy. Unlike Dark Marty, they only have to be killed once to prevent them from showing up again. Running is always an option though!

guess I better crank up that danger level, don't wana miss any of those baddies 8-)
Machine-Reaper

Postby Joey Diamond » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Just start doing mappack run with DRLA again and will try to fill up the wiki as much as possible. I also have a few questions.

-From 1.1.3 changelog "Fixed N-modded Jackhammer's effect being made LITERALLY BACKWARDS no wonder it never worked right." I don't understand, is the dev-side or the player-side thing? The only thing I remembered about Nano Jackhammer is that it can load more than it's original mag allowed and that's it. Just want to know exactly so I could fix the wiki page.

-Just saw Lightweaver buff in the changelog. What exactly can this weapon do? In 1.1.2 I absolutely can't figure out the way to use this thing without dying from it's slow speed and the annoying recharge.

-Looking back on the Elephant Gun and realized how much of a beta it is compared to the Focused Double Shotty which can do the same thing but with much better damage. Can we have an upgrade to it's knockback anyhow? Like, Bulk pack increases knockback power instead of using the same effect as Power pack. Since being able to punt enemies back abit is already it's signature, maybe actually being able to turn it into an anti-rush weapon?

-If the WSTE Shotgun get the Sharpshooter synergy, can the standard Double Shotgun get one too? Pretty Please. It's a one-hand weapon too so maybe it can be justified.

Thank You in advance ^_^
Joey Diamond

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods