DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby fakemai » Tue May 19, 2020 2:29 am

I did make that one while filling up Zetashop. You had exactly the right modpacks in question, and you are capable of doing the assembly (option as of 1.1.4)

EDIT: I just made a Laser Shotgun with the wrong modpack combination! Laser Rifle with BB, added F gave the prompt for it, and not expecting it, welp, so much for that sick DPS...
EDIT2: This modpack code! Is there any approach to centralizing all the assembly checking in one place within the limits of that version of ZDoom?

Also I can't help but notice this thread's reply count, and it's approaching something I was being coy about recently.
fakemai

Postby saladofstones » Fri May 22, 2020 2:15 pm

After an update, that issue is fixed. I do wonder, are there any plans to have an option to disable auto-reload? I find that it throws off my rhythm every time.

edit1: The trigun (angel long colt) has had its viewmodel replaced with this message.
saladofstones

Postby yomli » Thu May 28, 2020 3:37 am

lucker42 wrote:Good afternoon! There is a very cool mod – https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61061.

It complements the gameplay very well and makes it more flexible (freezing time when switching weapons-shot-switching weapons to another, and so on). However there is an unpleasant bug when it works together with DoomRLA.

Changing the weapon made the weapon no longer resetable (DoomRLA function). This makes it impossible to use it with DoomRLA.

Is there any way to fix this? Please help me. Thanks!

That's because every projectile has the +NOTIMEFREEZE flag (see edit below). I ran into the same an issue yesterday. So, I used this Bash command line on the "monsters" folder to fix it:
Code: Select allExpand view
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's|\+NOTIMEFREEZE|\/\/\+NOTIMEFREEZE|g' {} +

Then, it works as intended. Here is a gif preview, but I also tested with pyWheel:

The download link below is the result. I do not want to maintain or distribute this if that's against the rules, so I will delete this link if I'm asked to.
https://cloud.yom.li/index.php/s/nLzAsEz4XyMRR2b

I'm genuinely curious though: why prevent the time freeze? There must be some fun technicalities I'm not aware of.

---
EDIT: Sorry for the quote lucker42. I understand now that I'm not answering your question properly. The issue I had with pyWheel + DRLM was time freeze not working on projectiles.
yomli

Github ID: yomli
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby DarkQuill » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 am

I must be dumb, how do I mod/enhance the Cybernetic Armor?
DarkQuill

Postby Machine-Reaper » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 am

DarkQuill wrote:I must be dumb, how do I mod/enhance the Cybernetic Armor?

use basic mods to mod the Armour
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby fakemai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Actually Cybernetic Armor accepts all modpacks, but you only get to make the decision once so choose carefully. To actually do so press use armor special then use the modpack you want. What they add on top of the existing stats:
Spoiler:

*Note to Yholl: It looks like you accidentally gave Renegade's Onyx version to everyone else and vice versa.

EDIT: Also don't feel bad I had the exact same lapse with that armor a few pages back. It's an easy mistake when there aren't many with specials.
Last edited by fakemai on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
fakemai

Postby DarkQuill » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Ahhh, Armor Special key. I was trying to use it the regular way from my inventory like a chump.
Thanks, hahaha.
DarkQuill

Postby Tesculpture » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:32 am

Having played through both Lost Civilisation, Hellbound, and Speed Of Doom with this, I had a whale of a time. The Laser Minigun is a beast!

I have picked up a variety of issues though.

With RL Arsenal itself:
-Virtually all RL Monster attacks are unaffected by time-freeze, but RL Arsenal weapons still are. In the best case scenarios this is just inconvenient; in the worst it can actually make the Chronotrooper Armour a liability to use, especially when LegenDoom Lite is thrown into the mix.

-The Nanomachic Armament Generator in its SCAR form does less damage when wielded by a Marine than the other classes.

-Conversely, the Demo Ammo Minigun does more damage when wielded by a Marine than the other classes.

-The High Power Minigun behaves weirdly with regards to Sniper Modpacks; attaching a single one will increase its horizontal spread instead of decreasing it, while the vertical spread will be reduced, but not the same degree that the stock Minigun benefits. Attaching two Sniper Modpacks makes the HPMiniG perfectly accurate as par normal.

With RL Monsters:
-Some monster attacks are still affected by time-freeze; an example being the Agony Elemental's death explosion (the animation plays straight away, but the damage only occurs when time-freeze stops).

-Friendly monsters attacking hostile monsters of the same type are unable to hit them with projectiles; they pass through the target harmlessly. Hostile monsters attacking friendly ones of the same type do not have this problem. It seems to affect both physical projectiles and hitscans.

-Adaptive mode doesn't seem to change monsters spawned by the Icon Of Sin.

-Also on Adaptive mode when playing with LegenDoom Lite, certain monsters (Watchers, Lords Of The Abyss) never seem to be Legendarified.

-Legendary Abominants are unable to use their Archvile style sniper attack.

With LegenDoom Lite (I know this really belongs in the LegenDoom thread, but I figured I may as well mention it here):
-When a monster goes Legendary, other monsters can no longer target it for infighting...but monsters already targeting it prior to going Legendary do not have their targeting cleared, and will continue to attack until something else draws their agro. Combined with the fact Legendary monsters do not infight themselves, this often leads to their attackers killing them slowly, but with impunity.

-Legendary monsters are given +JUMPDOWN, but Legendary bosses aren't.
Tesculpture

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 am

Tesculpture wrote:-Also on Adaptive mode when playing with LegenDoom Lite, certain monsters (Watchers, Lords Of The Abyss) never seem to be Legendarified.

turn Legendary restrains from sensible monsters to ANY in legendoom options, and also turn ON Legendary Monsters overtime, enjoy yourself getting nomed to ity bity bits by hungaries.

(haven't tried it yet but lets just say, watchers respawn and them being legs is not sensible)

also the thing about Legendary agros is maybe cause it allows some legs to be handled easily by this exploits,
and Legendaries are uneffected by time freeze or other similar effects (even stunning by Church Nullgun) as they are sort of a special boss thing.
Machine-Reaper

Postby fakemai » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:30 pm

After still not getting a single legendary weapon I just ended up doing a quick through of that special mode to fill in the shop + a bit of console cheating.
Spoiler:

Tesculpture wrote:-Virtually all RL Monster attacks are unaffected by time-freeze, but RL Arsenal weapons still are. In the best case scenarios this is just inconvenient; in the worst it can actually make the Chronotrooper Armour a liability to use, especially when LegenDoom Lite is thrown into the mix.

If it doesn't freeze non-legendary enemy projectiles it probably should, but as for doing it to your own, that's pretty much how it works in all mods with time stop and it lets you do really fun setups like Dio Brando does with knives, except with rockets.
Tesculpture wrote:-Conversely, the Demo Ammo Minigun does more damage when wielded by a Marine than the other classes.

VERY marginally.
Tesculpture wrote:-Legendary monsters are given +JUMPDOWN

This is by far the most annoying feature of legendary enemies because they can end up in holes and other places where they become incredibly annoying to fight, chiefly, the Revenants near the yellow key in Plutonia MAP02 love to troll in this fashion.
fakemai

Postby Yholl » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:50 am

Wow, whoops, I haven't posted here in ages, my bad. I have been following everything though, no worries.
1.2 is in development, so far the modpacks have been rewritten internally to work much much easier, as well as been given fancy new sprites!
I've started the implementation of Suits, and then after that I'll begin adding the new content for this update.

Tesculpture wrote:I have picked up a variety of issues though.
Thanks for the post, this is extremely helpful!
The main reason enemy projectiles aren't frozen in time is because if an enemy isn't frozen, they'll just attack constantly with frozen projectiles.

this uhhhhhh can be very bad, like if say, the Terminator was firing it's extremely rapid close range plasma gun.
Yeaaaaaaah.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Tesculpture » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:02 am

Yholl wrote:The main reason enemy projectiles aren't frozen in time is because if an enemy isn't frozen, they'll just attack constantly with frozen projectiles.

this uhhhhhh can be very bad, like if say, the Terminator was firing it's extremely rapid close range plasma gun.

I fully understand, but it would be nice if player weapons did the same thing in RL Arsenal, if only for consistency (and to avoid causing the same problem - I've never actually done it, but I imagine time-freeze mixed with the Hurricane Cannon would be very bad in its own right. And I can confirm that time-freeze and the Sniper-modded BFG Infinity definitely do not mix).

Also, sorry but I forgot to mention another issue regarding RL Monsters/LegenDoom Lite: De-viles can be Legendarified, but due to the unique way their health works, they never actually "go Legendary" - You'll just kill one and it will randomly drop some loot for no apparent reason.
Tesculpture

Postby Bofubutt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Tesculpture wrote:Also, sorry but I forgot to mention another issue regarding RL Monsters/LegenDoom Lite: De-viles can be Legendarified, but due to the unique way their health works, they never actually "go Legendary" - You'll just kill one and it will randomly drop some loot for no apparent reason.

Good find, though I feel like even normal De-Viles should drop a bunch of loot when you drop them, considering how fidgety those hitboxes are on those numbers.
Bofubutt

Postby Machine-Reaper » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:23 am

de-viles also can't be killed by crushing properly it seems, sometimes they might die depending on those numbers being crushed but its completely random,

the same also happens incase of Cacoabyss but in their case they literally go into respawn loop until the orb gets crushed eventually.

maybe make those numbers more bigger or give de-vile his own health which remains after all the numbers are destroyed (only for the sake of Legen Doom working properly)

also De-viles are perfect support monsters, like Pain Elementals.
Machine-Reaper

Postby Itschristian » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 pm

That wad at the third screenshot. Can you put a link to download it?
Itschristian
how to get -1 sub?

Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods